Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
12345678910Next >
254399 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Del2015
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For some reason i can no longer connect to the Go app. When i get to the welcone screen where you can usually access the camera view, i only get the option to 'learn how to connect' the phantom, not to actually connect. There seem to be quite a lot of posts about this but not many solutions so im just wondering if anybody has an idea as to whats going wrong.

I've tried various usb cables, tried 3 seperate android devices, different sd cards, uninstalled the app and tried previous versions but nothing gets me past the welcome screen. I would have thought it might be a faulty usb board but the phantom was working fine last week, although i think the app maybe autoupdated since i last used it so wondering if that could have caused the problem?
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,DelIf you are using the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv , please connect your device to the RC  with a compatible cable . The RC should be on and you can get access to the camera by then , after that link the RC with the aircraft in the DJI Go .
Please reffer to the link :
2015-11-22
Use props
Del2015
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI,
No, I don't even get the option to 'Enter camera view', the button says 'learn how to connect' or something similar that.  The point is that the RC is communicating with the Phantom (Professional)  as I can tilt the gimble using the wheel but I can't access the camera view so can't use the Phantom to see where I'm going. There seem to be numerous threads on this and a lot of the problems seem to stem from a newer version of either firmware, or more commonly - newer version of the Go app.

The easiest way to put it is that the app isn't recognising that there is Phantom attached to it

2015-11-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"The easiest way to put it is that the app isn't recognising that there is Phantom attached to it"

I think that is a pretty fair assessment of the problem, however it may also be a connectivity issue between the RC unit and your Android device. The only thing I can suggest is you delete the Go App from your device and try installing a fresh copy.
2015-11-23
Use props
Del2015
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks. I've done that many times though and reverted back to older versions of the app as well that I didn't have any issues with, but I never get to the point of being able to enter the camera view.
2015-11-23
Use props
hmelton
New

United States

After an update, the DJI Go App does not allow me to enter the camera view, however I can control the gimbal, manually fly the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. which Idon't like to do. the app just say, " How to Connect", it use to say, "Enter Camera View". Please help
2015-12-6
Use props
keenanjknz
New

New Zealand

hmelton Posted at 2015-12-7 08:17
After an update, the DJI Go App does not allow me to enter the camera view, however I can control th ...

I have a similar issue. The app on start up recognises an inspire 1 and not my phantom 3. The only thing I can think of is that have you registered any other device other than your P3 ? I registered an inspire originally but don't have it anymore. I bought a P3 and the app wont allow me to connect to p3 beacause it only gives me an option to connect to the inspire 1
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on . If that doesn't work , please contact your dealer or support center .
Europe.jpg
2015-12-24
Use props
mike
New

United States

I cannot get the "enter camera view" to show up on my ipad air newest version. The RC will start the copter and shut it does, but I cannot get the camera view to work. I tried the suggested solution by DJI-Patrick, that did not work.
Really need some help here as the posts do not provide a solution.
2015-12-28
Use props
braytownsley
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 03:35
Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and ...

Tried this, got a light blue light next to power indicator. Now what?! Tech support via phone keeps hassling me to hang up, trying everything to just get rid of me. Spent $1300 and can't get this thing to work out of the box...load of crap.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

braytownsley Posted at 2016-1-6 05:01
Tried this, got a light blue light next to power indicator. Now what?! Tech support via phone keep ...

if you have a blue light then you need to relink the aircraft, page 28 of the manual.
As far as the app saying "How to Connect" if you swipe left then right again it should let you into the app. If it says disconnected, then that means the app has no communication with the remote controller. That would be a USB cable issue or the USB post on the remote.
2016-1-5
Use props
joelkinker
New

United States

I haven't used my Pro sense August because of a issue I had with floating and now I too have the same issue with my $1300.00 paperweight. The remote connects with the craft but the DJI GO is a NO GO. I have done the same things everyone states on the thread to do and still no go. I have a IPad Air 2 that was working the last time I flew the paperweight but now it will not connect and I updated the firmware but for some reason there was no update to the controler at all. I do not understand why there are problems like this with more than just me and there is no fix to the problems yet.  I even rest my ipad back to factory and no go with it.  Also I have a Android phone that I used on it before and it also does the same thing. I regret buying my DJI even though it worked great for about 4 months till one update was made that caused it to float 1 to 2 feet side to side and back and forth.  $1300.00 is a lot to waste on a device like this.  I got this on the release last May and only flown it about 12 times. Never been crashed either. DJI needs to get with it and fix the problems it's not a 1 person problem.  I have told ALL my friends to go get one but then I had the problems and told them all DON"T DO IT.  Not till this problem gets fixed.
2016-1-5
Use props
dahazlehurst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 21:34
if you have a blue light then you need to relink the aircraft, page 28 of the manual.
As far as th ...

What if you swipe left then right  and you still can`t connect and don`t get the message disconnected.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dahazlehurst Posted at 2016-1-6 06:02
What if you swipe left then right  and you still can`t connect and don`t get the message disconnec ...

That means the app does not see your controller and its the USB cable or USB port that is bad.
2016-1-5
Use props
dwdavis78
New

United States

hmelton Posted at 2015-12-6 13:17
After an update, the DJI Go App does not allow me to enter the camera view, however I can control th ...

I also just bought a dji phantom 3 pro and its just a paper weight with flashing lights.  I purchased it from Drone-World but its murder to get anyone on the phone to help and they won't respond to emails.  I'm unable to "enter camera view"  

Did you ever find a solution for this?
2016-1-10
Use props
simon
New

United States

Hey guys I am having the same issue here.  I bought P3 Pro on the release date and didn't have much trouble for the first few months.  I have had it put away since Ocober and just got it out today to start running the updates.  After succesfully updating the firmware on the AC i went to update the app so I could update the RC.  Since updating the App I cannot enter Camera View.  I went and found the old version of the app 2.4.3 and it still doesn't work.  Someone please help us!
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

dwdavis78 Posted at 2016-1-11 07:15
I also just bought a dji phantom 3 pro and its just a paper weight with flashing lights.  I purcha ...

Have you connected your mobile device to RC with USB cable ? If the device and RC are connected and you can't enter camera view still , please try to change your USB cable .
2016-1-12
Use props
gstarks
New
Flight distance : 1781 ft
United States

I am having the same problem.  Just updated to the 1.6 firmware and now cannot get the DJI GO app to see the controller so no video view.  It connects to the aircraft just fine as i get a green led on it.  I have tried both my ipad and android phone, and multiple usb cables with the same result.
2016-1-13
Use props
simon
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 15:57
Have you connected your mobile device to RC with USB cable ? If the device and RC are connected an ...

I have tried many different cables with no luck.  I have a mini usb to mini usb coming in the mail tomorrow.  does the mini usb port on the RC work the same as the standard usb port?
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gstarks Posted at 2016-1-14 12:36
I am having the same problem.  Just updated to the 1.6 firmware and now cannot get the DJI GO app to ...

Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + video recording buttons, keep them pressed and turn off the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + video recording button pressed  and turn the controller on . If that doesn't work , please contact your dealer or support center .
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

simon@4seasonst Posted at 2016-1-16 03:02
I have tried many different cables with no luck.  I have a mini usb to mini usb coming in the mail ...

Please connect the USB to the USB port on your RC ,not the mini USB port . Could please try to reset the RC as the way I mentioned before ?
2016-1-17
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482684 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-17 21:31
Please connect the USB to the USB port on your RC ,not the mini USB port . Could please try to res ...

I'm having the same problem!  I've tried my Nvidia Shield which has been working great for months.  I've also tried an Ipad and an Iphone.  Nothing seems to want to talk with the remote.  I do have the upgraded HDMI module on the back of my GL300A remote and it was working very well the last time I used it...about 2-3 months ago.  

I know my DJI is version 1.5.003 because I updated it using the microSD card.  I know the controller is connected to the P3A because I can fly it.  I just can't get the controller to communicate with any of my android or apple devices.  
Also: We're obviously connecting to the regular USB plug on the back of the controller...the same way we always have!  It just stopped communicating with the apple/android devices and I can't figure out why.  It's impossible to verify the controller firmware version if I can't even communicate with it.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-18 11:29
I'm having the same problem!  I've tried my Nvidia Shield which has been working great for months.  ...

Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + video recording buttons, keep them pressed and turn off the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + video recording button pressed  and turn the controller on . If that doesn't work , please contact your dealer or support center .
2016-1-17
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-17 22:35
Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + video recording buttons, keep them  ...

Just turn it off and then back on holding those 3 buttons?  I've done that.  The light on the controller goes red and then green again as it connects back up to the quad.  Should the quad be off while I'm doing this?  Should I be holding the buttons down for a while after powering it back on?

What is the latest firmware for the controller GL300A?  I have no idea what version it has now and I can't seem to make it take any of the firmware files I currently have (the ones on the website)  I have updated the P3A to version 1.5.003 using the microSD card method.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  

When I hold down those 3 buttons after powering it back up, I head D-DD, D-DD, D-DD until I let go of the buttons.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-18 11:46
Just turn it off and then back on holding those 3 buttons?  I've done that.  The light on the contr ...

Please keep the three buttons pressed during all the turning on and off process . The latest firmware version for RC is 1.5.7 . Please send it to your dealer or support  center if it's not getting better .  
2016-1-17
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-17 22:55
Please keep the three buttons pressed during all the turning on and off process . The latest firmw ...

It was working so well before I put it away a few months ago.  It's got to be something simple that I'm not seeing!  The remote controls the quad, I can see the gimbal move up and down and I can start and stop the motors.  I just can't seem to get the controller to talk with any computer device.

I've tried the 3 button configuration you advised me to try, that didn't work.  I didn't even have ot rebind the quad to the controller, which was nice.  I also can't seem to get the controller to see the firmware file on the USB stick.  Is there a way to force it to look for the update?  It's not generating a log file so it's not even trying to check.  

This exact setup was working before...what changed?  The only thing I've done is updated the firmware to version 1.5.003 using the microSD method.  Maybe I should try the latest update using the same method?  Version 1.5.7 is not available for download.  If I can't get the app to recognize the controller...how do I get the latest firmware to load?  Does the controller need to be at a certain version level in order to talk to the latest app?
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-18 12:02
It was working so well before I put it away a few months ago.  It's got to be something simple that ...

According to your description , it might be something wrong with the USB port on your RC . Please send it to your dealer or repair center to confirm that .
2016-1-17
Use props
collinma21
lvl.1
United States

Ok, new problem then.  I removed the HDMI capable board in the back of the controller and now it's working.  Great!

Unfortunately, now I'm in the DJI Go application and it's telling me "The RC is required to update, please check the firmware upgrade tutorual videos in Academy  The RC doesn't support upgrading firmware through APP, please upgrade the firmware with USB disk."

So you were right, the HDMI upgrade board I received is apparently defective. So that's good to know.  But how do I update the firmware from here?  Can I download that 1.5.7 file from somewhere?
Some progress:  I tried firmware version 1.3.20 and that took...update successful.  So now back to the DJI Go app.  

And there we go!  Downloading firmware 1.5.70 now.  Fingers crossed! The DJI Go app does make life easier when flashing the RC...I'll give it that.

Assuming this works, I would like to know why the HDMI capable board suddently failed me after sitting in the DJI case for a few months?  Nothing on the board appeared broken, melted or shorted in any way?

Ok, I'm back in action.  Turns out you were correct and I had a bad HDMI capable board.  That, combined with RC firmware prior to 1.3.20, and it was a PITA to figure out.  Thank you for your help!
2016-1-17
Use props
gantech
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-23 01:51
"The easiest way to put it is that the app isn't recognising that there is Phantom attached to it"

I have exactly the same problem I'm completely dead in the water I haven't flown since September it's been in the case I charge my batteries I downloaded the latest firmware I updated the quad now no camera view is available
2016-1-30
Use props
gantech
lvl.1

United States

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-17 21:02
It was working so well before I put it away a few months ago.  It's got to be something simple that ...

I have exactly the same problem to the letter. Thinking somehow the USB port is not working
2016-1-30
Use props
gantech
lvl.1

United States

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-17 21:41
Ok, new problem then.  I removed the HDMI capable board in the back of the controller and now it's w ...

Identical problem to the tee. Looks like I'll be taking that HDMI board off. Flew great 3 months ago
2016-1-30
Use props
riley
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-17 21:18
According to your description , it might be something wrong with the USB port on your RC . Please  ...

I have an identical problem to everyone else. What is going on here? Batteries are charged, the remote is talking to the phantom as the motors will start, and I can see that the remote is connected to the iphone6 as the charger indicator sounds and illuminates on the phone when I plug it in...
In the app, the only option is 'How to connect.' However if I go to the P3 'PROFESSIONAL' option, I can access 'Camera View,' but it still says disconnected... However I am not flying a Pro, I'm flying a DJI Advanced...I also tried the remote reset multiple times...
I am unable to meet with a first time client today and looking like a fool because of it... Why did this happen when it was working like a charm last time I flew? What changed?...
2016-2-7
Use props
phil.malterlaw
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with a Phantom 3 Standard. When I touch the "equipment" icon, I usually get an Inspire 1 page with the only option being "how to connect." This looks like an issue with the DJI Go app.
2016-2-7
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

so, if you guys try to enter into the app does it just display a black screen or is it just not connecting at all? I ask because I had a similar problem where the Enter Camera button was grayed out, I tapped on it anyway and it failed to properly initialize the video layer in the app yet all controls worked fine. I have a rooted android device, so I essentially used my root tools to wipe existence of the DJI app off of my device, rebooted, reinstalled, then logged back. Once I logged back in I turned everything on and I was prompted with the beloved blue button to Enter Camera View. I am not sure if your issues are the same or if that would even help you, just saying it looks like an app issue, or its the firmware not seeing a viewing device and calling for the load of the video layer in the app.

Electronics are finicky, just gotta test small things to see what works without making huge waves and causing other issues.
2016-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sliquid Posted at 2016-2-8 19:39
so, if you guys try to enter into the app does it just display a black screen or is it just not conn ...

Congratulations on getting it solved. Others have said to do exactly what you did, but no-one listens.
2016-2-8
Use props
hoanganhturbo
New

Australia

I need some help. I have same problem.  Need help please
2016-4-7
Use props
t.g.m
New

Brazil

Del2015 Posted at 2015-11-23 05:45
HI,
No, I don't even get the option to 'Enter camera view', the button says 'learn how to connect' o ...

I have the same problem. The camera does not open or the no option to open
2016-4-9
Use props
eirik.andersen
New
Flight distance : 140978 ft
Norway

Hi. I have same problem with rc to Inspire 1.  Since there is some time since your problem, I Wonder ifra you have fixed your issue?  
2016-4-9
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with my Nvidia Shield and Phantom 3 Pro.
Sure hope DJI has someone who can fix this problem SOON.
2016-4-14
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI this problem was first reported in NOV 2015.
It seems to me it is time to put some resource into fixing it.
It IS an update problem for all of us.
2016-4-14
Use props
12345678910Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules