Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
256636 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandmark
lvl.2

On the iPad Air 2
I did a restore connected to iTunes with my PC, I can now connect the iPad to the RC again, I can control the Motors, Camera etc but I still have no camera feed (which I think is a stuffed video board or something.
I can now get into the (about) screen and it tells me.
App Version 2.7.1
Aircraft Version 1.8.80
RC Version 1.6.0

the screen comes up in red with (Weak Image Transmission Signal)

Prior to this I did a full factory reset of the iPad and reinstalled the Go app and it only came up with the  (how to connect) button.

Still cant get a camera feed but its a start.
2016-4-14
Use props
asyl.kadyrbaev
New

Kyrgyzstan

F*ck
I have tried to reset/reinstall/wipe and other f8cking methods with DJI GO App several times.
No results. I cannt connect to camera view on Nexus 5x. RC is connected to Aircraft, I can control, fly but issue between linking App and RC (of course I had try different USB cables).
But with my wifes Nexus 5 is everything OK. It was good for 2-3 months with Nexus 5x but after f8cking update I cannt connect to camera.
When will DJI Tech support help us?
I think, Its a f8cking update bug.Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.8.80
2016-4-15
Use props
mlupinski80
New

I  also have tried everything that has been mentioned in here and nothing is working. Now I have a 1300 dollar paper weight also. Epic fail on the update DJI. Maybe you should fix this for all of us. Its obviously not a usb cord issue ITS YOUR LATEST UPDATE !! FIX THIS ALREADY !!
2016-4-15
Use props
donriley51
lvl.1
United States

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-14 15:43
Hey DJI this problem was first reported in NOV 2015.
It seems to me it is time to put some resource  ...

Failure to connect may be due to smart phone updates.  Go into settings and turn on USB tethering.  Apparently, it gets turned off by the update.  This solved the problem for my Phantom 3 and Galaxy note smartphone.
2016-4-21
Use props
hootenbrother1
New

United States

FIXED MINE

Hey guys I was having the same issue.  I just purchased a new phone galaxy s7 and it would not give me the camera view as well.  Found out my phone was treating the USB cord like a charger.  I went to settings and to the Mobile hotspot/tethering button.  then turned my USB tethering to the on position.  It instantly picked up the DJI GO app and now I have the camera view.  Let me know if it works for y'all.  
2016-4-21
Use props
triist
New

United States

FIXED mine as well! I had this same issue, drone and controller were communicating but my phone would continue to say "How to connect" instead of "Camera"

This is probably just a specific fix because I'm using a Galaxy S6, but some of this info might be helpful even if you don't have this specific phone. The problem was that my phone was recognizing the controller only as a charger, and wasn't transferring/reading any of the data I wanted from the controller/drone. So to fix that I had to connect the USB to my phone, turn my wifi off (not sure if 100% necessary), go into my settings -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> Turn on USB tethering. From there you need to pull down the notification settings from the top (Just drag the top quick bar down, not sure what that's called exactly) and then choose the "connected USB accessory" icon and choose either the option that says "software installation" or the "MIDI" one and boom, done. You may have to restart the app, but the blue "camera" button should appear now! For some reason I had to do the whole turn of WiFi, turn on USB tethering thing before I could change the USB accessory from being recognized as a charger to being recognized as anything else, not sure why!

When you choose the other options from the USB accessory options, weird things happen. The first option "transferring media files" let me go into the camera, but never fully connected and kept giving me a "no signal" and not showing a picture. When I click the "transferring images" option, my phone literally restarts.. So that's a weird bug?

I'm not sure if it's a bug in the android software, or an update that DJI needs to make, either way it was quite the headache for such a simple solution (for me)! Hope that helps someone!
2016-4-22
Use props
dhgj
New

Denmark

I'm having the same issue.
2016-4-28
Use props
Hevdelurn
New

United States

triist@ifonlypr Posted at 2016-4-22 21:19
FIXED mine as well! I had this same issue, drone and controller were communicating but my phone woul ...

You are the best, thank you so much!
2016-4-29
Use props
Scottifa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266125 ft
Australia

Result! After reading about the USB tethering feature needing to be on with Android devices, I turned on hotspot on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S and DJI Go connects to the controller again!
2016-4-30
Use props
selky1
New

United States

Anyone know how to do this on an iphone5s? My p3p connects to my iPad mini, and to a friends iPhone 5s fine, but I'm stuck in that 'how to connect' screen when I hook up the iPhone 5s my mum bequeathed me. It had been wiped clean at Costco, and it's not on a mobile plan, but I set it up fine as a device with limited functions on wireless. It seems to not be getting the camera signal thru the usb connection to the Rc tho, and I need it to work, bc my iPad has no GPS. any ideas? Thanks ahead of time...have been trying to solve this for a week now, reading forums, calling Dji tech support (no help). Am about to try waiting in line at an Apple Store for the Genius Bar, tho they'll probably say, Dji, not our prob.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

selky1 Posted at 2016-5-7 00:09
Anyone know how to do this on an iphone5s? My p3p connects to my iPad mini, and to a friends iPhone  ...

DJI is working with Apple to remedy this.
In the meantime, go into the phones general settings and log out of iTunes, then log in again and see if it will connect. You can also try deleting the app if it doesn't work.
Also try to reset the network settings and location & privacy.
If you still cannot connect, then connect your phone to iTunes on your computer and restore it. That should get you working again.
2016-5-6
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 06:06
That means the app does not see your controller and its the USB cable or USB port that is bad.

Hey, bro.  I was just searching this topic after I sent in my ticket to DJI.  It isn't our USB's.  All of our USBs are bad?  You can look in the Apple store DJI GO App reviews, and the people who just got their drone are having the same problem.  You're in the United States so you speak English.  Come on, bro.  These are expensive toys.  Tell your boss's or something.  We just want to fly.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-6 13:34
Hey, bro.  I was just searching this topic after I sent in my ticket to DJI.  It isn't our USB's.  ...

I never said it was the USB cable, that is the first thing to check and if your cable is fine then you need to restore your iOS device if using Apple and use the other remedies that I posted earlier.
2016-5-6
Use props
selky1
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-6 09:14
DJI is working with Apple to remedy this.
In the meantime, go into the phones general settings and ...

Thanks Ken. I followed your advice, tried each of those things one by one. Still no luck. I then spent half hr on the phone with apple support but they couldn't figure it out beyond running a diagnostic that reported an app was crashing. After that I tried an att store to see if it would help to activate the phone. It shouldn't need cellular to work, but I thought maybe there was some usb mode setting we couldn't access without cellular service. I even tried messing with the usb tethering settings. Nope. My iPad mini still connects fine, the iPhone 5s can't get past the 'how to connect' screen. I purchased Autopilot, and it lets my iPad mini connect, but not the iPhone 5s. It says camera disconnected. That could mean my 5s is tweaked somehow (I have another inactivated 5s that gives the same result tho), or it may be that Autoplilot needs some sort of confirmation to happen thru DJI- a message popped up that said something like that.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

selky1 Posted at 2016-5-7 11:39
Thanks Ken. I followed your advice, tried each of those things one by one. Still no luck. I then s ...

I'm sorry, if you've done all those steps, then I'm stumped. The USB port on your phone is working because you can charge the phone with your cable correct?
2016-5-7
Use props
selky1
New

United States

Ok, I tried one more time with an iTunes restore on the iPhone 5s, and it worked. I'd done a restore from backup (a backup of my 4s phone) earlier that didn't work, so this time I did the restore that restores to factory settings and erases all data. Then I set it up as a new phone. It is also activated, and before it wasn't. So, something worked and now it sees the drone camera. Phew. Thanks Ken for the advice.
2016-5-7
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-7 04:44
I never said it was the USB cable, that is the first thing to check and if your cable is fine then ...

I tried all the remedies .  All of them.  I'm fairly tech fluent.  Does it strike a chord that lots of other people are having this same issue?  I was surprised that most everyone who downloaded the new version from App Store with new drones r experiencing it.  Apple mobile devices are generally considered the best etc.  we love u Djibouti.  Didn't mean to sound pointed.  But u know...it is a bug issue.  Please fix.  Peace.
2016-5-8
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

Scottifa Posted at 2016-4-30 19:32
Result! After reading about the USB tethering feature needing to be on with Android devices, I turne ...

is this possible with an Ipad?  i just chatted with apple and ipads don't have this they said.  seems to fix fo the google devices tho
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

selky1 Posted at 2016-5-8 00:59
Ok, I tried one more time with an iTunes restore on the iPhone 5s, and it worked. I'd done a restore ...

I see, you just needed to do the restore (not form a backup).
Glad your up and running.
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-9 11:28
I tried all the remedies .  All of them.  I'm fairly tech fluent.  Does it strike a chord that lot ...

DJI is working with Apple to remedy the situation.
Have you tried the restoring your device though iTunes on your computer?
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-9 12:19
is this possible with an Ipad?  i just chatted with apple and ipads don't have this they said.  se ...

A regular iPad will not work with the GO app, you need at least an iPad Air.
Here are the recommended devices.

iOS Version v2.8.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-5-8
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 12:23
A regular iPad will not work with the GO app, you need at least an iPad Air.
Here are the recommen ...

i meant to say that I use an Ipad Mini 2  (have been using it a long time with the phantom 3 and it was excellent)
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-9 12:28
i meant to say that I use an Ipad Mini 2  (have been using it a long time with the phantom 3 and i ...

I see, Are you still not able to get your IOS device to work? Did you try the restore through iTunes method, if all else fails then that should do it.
2016-5-9
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 21:56
I see, Are you still not able to get your IOS device to work? Did you try the restore through iTun ...

only thing i didn't try yet.. bout to tonight tho.. thnks Ken!  props, bro
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-11 08:58
only thing i didn't try yet.. bout to tonight tho.. thnks Ken!  props, bro

Ok, I'm sure that will work
2016-5-10
Use props
calone76
lvl.1

United States

I have a similar problem. RC does not connect to my iPad, since used once the HDMI output. Same thing, no camera option just a tutorial to connect. Plugged in my iPhone and worked.
Did a full iPad reset, setup as a new iPad (no restore) and re-installed DJI GO. Same thing, no Camera option with iPad but iPhone worked well. Replaced USB cable, no luck.

I recall that at the first connection through USB the iPad is suppose to ask for "Trust" or "Don't Trust" this "computer" connection. I didn't get that prompt from iPad and maybe connection is blocked by default... somehow... just a thought.

Phantom 3 Advanced
iPad Air 2
iPhone 5S

Will try to reset the RC by DJI-Patrick's way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on.

If doesn't work I guess I have to use the iPhone or HDMI output until new update release.
2016-5-11
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

Like the rest of you guys I'm fed up with DJI not addressing this problem.  I can get the "Camera" view on my mini IPAD 2 but not my Iphone 6s.  So it's not the lightning cables, or bad USB board, or any of these things DJI suggests doing.  I've done them all several times.  Deleted DJI Go app and reloaded, went to Itunes and cleared everyhting from my phone and restored.  These are all smoke screens by DJI to bide time.  Just spend some resources and fix the damn problem.  If you look at several of the forum discussions, they pertain to not being able to connect to the Camera View, especially since the FM updates.  I'd really be pissed if I didn't have my Mini Ipad 2 to use to fly with.  
2016-5-11
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 09:18
Ok, I'm sure that will work

Hey, Ken!!!  I resetted Ipad Mini 2 from itunes, and I get cmera view now!!!!!!!!!!  whew!!!!  ty!!!!!  
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-13 05:34
Hey, Ken!!!  I resetted Ipad Mini 2 from itunes, and I get cmera view now!!!!!!!!!!  whew!!!!  ty! ...

That is great, I'm so glad. I am sorry that you had to do a restore, DJI and Apple will have it sorted out.
Thanks again for posting and letting me know, I really appreciate it.
2016-5-12
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-13 11:45
That is great, I'm so glad. I am sorry that you had to do a restore, DJI and Apple will have it so ...

well, thank u for being patient with your consumers! lol..  we appreacaiate  that!
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-5-14 05:09
well, thank u for being patient with your consumers! lol..  we appreacaiate  that!

We are here to help you
2016-5-13
Use props
viracocha
New

the itunes restore also worked for me. Thanks
2016-5-14
Use props
visionaereatv
New

Colombia

I have the same problema in P3 Standard
2016-5-14
Use props
memdeakin
New
Flight distance : 1122 ft

Hi all.

It seems clear that it is a USB connection problem after updates. My drone and Rc still connect and work harmoniously but I don't know how to fix the issue with the equipment that I'm using to gain access to the camera view.

I have been happily flying my p3pro for over 6 months using my galaxy S4. Last month I upgraded to an iPad mini 4 (wifi) and have been using that until last week when it started to get the 'how to connect' screen instead of  'camera view'.
I have factory reset the iPad, redownloaded the app for both and had no success accessing the camera view on either device.

I'm happy to restore the iPad mini 4 again using iTunes but am new to apple products and don't have iTunes on my laptop. I can use my partners laptop and her iTunes if it doesn't matter they are different accounts?
Does it need to be an old version of iTunes or can it be any version.
Can I download a new version of iTunes onto my laptop and do the reset that way?
Sorry to be a noob but is there a walkthrough tutorial for this? I just want to make sure I do it right!

In regards to tethering, my iPad mini 4 doesn't have the option to allow usb tethering as it is the wifi model. Any suggestions on how I can change the settings to allow media info from sub connections?
On my galaxy S4 I have turned usb tethering on but don't get any change and I'm not prompted for further options as stated in previous fixes?!

Thanks in advance.
Matt-from.miles.away.
2016-5-14
Use props
allaboutaerials
New

Replace your cable from RC to tablet, mine solved the problem
2016-5-15
Use props
fredrikk
New

Norway

Hi,

I have upgraded RC to the latest firmware 1.3.2. Also the Drone itself got upgraded to the latest firmware 1.8.8

Now when I try to connect the iPhone 6 to the RC controller it just says "How to connect" under Equipment in the DJI Go app.

I have tried everything:

1. Restored my iPhone 6 through iTunes on my Mac
2. Re-installed the app
3. Tried several USB cables (originally Apple ones)
4. Tried installing the app on an iPhone 5S and connecting with several USB cables

...and still without any luck:

1. Phantom 3 constantly flashes yellow light
2. RC controller do have green colour when both RC and Drone is powered on.
2.1 I'm able to move the gimbal with the RC - so there is some pairing happening from the RC to the Drone

However I'm still not able to connect the RC to the DJI Go app.

iPhone 6
iOS: 9.3.1
DJI Go: 2.8.1
Dji Phantom 3 advanced

The iPhone 5S I tested on had iOS 9.2 installed.

Worth mentioning. It was working fine before I did the firmware upgrade.
2016-5-15
Use props
paul
New
United Kingdom

fredrikk Posted at 2016-5-15 23:32
Hi,

I have upgraded RC to the latest firmware 1.3.2. Also the Drone itself got upgraded to the late ...

And I'm another - totally identical problem to the last post.
I have iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6S, both worked fine. I've flown my P3A only once. Wish I didn't but I did the latest firmware update and now neither device will connect to the RC. I have a very very expensive paperweight
2016-5-17
Use props
brianlcarlson
New

United States

I have the exact same problem. I cannot connect to the DJI Pilot / DJI GO software. It does not even give me a choice of choosing the camera. It stays on a page with a DJI Inspire. I have tried everything with no luck.
2016-5-17
Use props
brianlcarlson
New

United States

keenanjknz@gmai Posted at 2015-12-23 15:11
I have a similar issue. The app on start up recognises an inspire 1 and not my phantom 3. The only ...

I have the exact same problem. It does not give me a choice to select camera view. I show an inspire. I've tried every thing suggested with no luck.
2016-5-17
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this issue after an update but after taking the SD card out and restarting the RC and Phantom it is fine again.
2016-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules