Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
255979 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fifeflyer
New

just reading your post as I have a similar problem .
I have the phantom3 standard and everything worked perfectly for its first flight ..
tried to take it out yesterday but even though I can fly my drone with the controller the app could not find the wifi signal on my iPhone 6 . so I cant get the app to open also
ive only had my drone for 3 wks
2016-5-17
Use props
fifeflyer
New

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-23 14:20
Hi ,DelIf you are using the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv , please connect your device to the RC  with a compati ...

mr DJI-Patrick so what is your suggestion for the phantom 3 standard as I cant find a wifi signal for the app to connect to
2016-5-17
Use props
brianlcarlson
New

United States

brianlcarlson Posted at 2016-5-17 15:15
I have the exact same problem. It does not give me a choice to select camera view. I show an inspi ...

There are a lot of people with the same problem here. There are probably many more who have not gone to this page.
What is DJI doing to correct this. When someone spends over a thousand dollars for something they expect it to work.
Please DJI, tell us the solution to this problem.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

brianlcarlson Posted at 2016-5-18 04:13
There are a lot of people with the same problem here. There are probably many more who have not go ...

This has been fixed already yesterday. DJI and Apple worked hard together to find a remedy and Apple released IOS 9.3.2 yesterday and you should now be able to connect with no issues after you update to 9.3.2.
2016-5-17
Use props
fifeflyer
New

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-23 16:51
"The easiest way to put it is that the app isn't recognising that there is Phantom attached to it"

I tried that with my iphone 6 and it didn't work for me and I have the phantom 3 standard
2016-5-18
Use props
fifeflyer
New

hmelton Posted at 2015-12-7 03:17
After an update, the DJI Go App does not allow me to enter the camera view, however I can control th ...

I have the same problem
2016-5-18
Use props
tornado.gr.1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi There

After doing the Update to the P3A i Managed to get one flight out of it with the android device before it went to pot!

trying to connect it to my Ipad Air 2 yields the same experiance as most are getting! I havve followed all the steps On the forum, I have even updated to the latest IOS that appeared a few day ago!! all that appears is "How To Connect", If i go into the settings on the Ipad there is NO C1 present, after the update to IOS i Deleted the app and re installed with no change

As for Android it lets me into the Camera view but only shows me a Grey screen! with nothing i can do to change this! It dosent even show that the controller is there! although it will charge my device!

I can still fly the P3A but i cannot get any camera view!!

This is very dissapointing considering i had a fullly serviceable Drone With FPV before you lot updates the fimware on the Drone and the RC

DJI Please do something to rectify this!!
2016-5-19
Use props
altafmd
New

United Kingdom

Hi, Dji Ken,
I have updated to IOS 9.3.2 but I still cant see the camera view and Dji Go is showing "How to connect camera" icon.

I am really desperate and must sort this out is the next two days because I have booked a trip to Iceland primarily for aerial photography. I am really upset.
Here are my circumstances.

I bought P3 professional last year and had successful flights. Then I didnt use it for about 8 months. Three weeks ago I picked up my bird again and updated the firmware to v1.08. My RC antenna was broken antenna was broken therefore, I ordered a brand new RC from dji store. The RC arrived and I tried to update it as well using the latest firmware. The RC did not produce any sounds when I inserted a card reader with the latest firmware on. Since then I have the following problem.

1. The aircraft is showing solid red and blinking yellow lights
2. The camera can be moved using the RC but there is no communication between RC and aircraft. The live camera view cannot be accessed.

So far I have tried all of the following measures,

1. reinstalled dji go multiple times.
2. Done Ipad Air 2 reset directly on device. (NOT THROUGH THE PC)
3. installed IOS 9.3.2
4. used two different connecting cables.
5. Reset the RC by pressing Control 1+2+record and turn off simultaneously. Turned on in the same way.
6. Attempted to manually link the RC and aircraft by pressing Control 1+2+ record and then iso. When the RC started producing sounds with blinking blue indicator -D-D-D-D-D I pressed the linking button on the Aircraft.

Please advice asap. I have spent alot of money to book a trip in another country and I cant imaging going without my drone.
Many thanks,
Altaf
2016-5-19
Use props
allaboutaltitud
New

Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-15 08:43
Hey DJI this problem was first reported in NOV 2015.
It seems to me it is time to put some resource  ...

I too am having exactly the same problems as you guys. Upgraded to 1.8 two days ago, the aircraft upgraded no problem but the remote not at all... tried all the solutions expressed on here to so how can this be happening? Surely all these posts have resulted in DJI looking at this problem over the past almost 7 month??? I too cannot get passed the "how to connect" page and I am running a business with my Phantom Pro so I cannot afford to have her off line... So what is the solution guys? I guess considering buying the new 4 next month is certainly NOT going to be an option for me if this simple problem cannot get sorted out by DJI in 7 months.
2016-5-19
Use props
felixodiaz
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Had the same prob here with the video feed and my iphone 6s, updated to the latest firmware by  Apple and prob was fixed!
2016-5-20
Use props
brianlcarlson
New

United States

I have an old Phantom 3 and a new Phantom 3. The old Phantom 3 crashed so I am no loner using the old Phantom 3 or the RC.  I am using the same Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge that I used with the Old Phantom 3. The cannot connect to the go app. I have removed and re-installed the app numerous times. I get a green light on the RC and I can move the camera, but I cannot get into camera on the Go App. I have two solid red lights on the Phantom 3 and two blinking yellow lights. I cannot get the props to start. It has never worked since I bought it a couple months ago. I did not have any problems with my previous Phantom 3.

There seems to be a lot of people with similar problems connecting with both Samsung and iPhones. I tried turning on hotspot tethering with no luck. What do I do next?
2016-5-20
Use props
dmayes
New

United States

My equipment:

DJI Phantom 3 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Verizon - Android 6

Situation:
Yesterday, I went to use the P3 for the first time in awhile.  I connected the phone to the RC controller, started the DJI Go App, went into Camera view... everything was working fine.  Once inside the DJI Go app, it alerted me that a firmware update was required for the controller and for the drone. I clicked the update prompts for the RC, and that update went through its cycle and applied the update 100%.  I also went and download the latest update of the firmware for P3 and installed that... checked the logs on the flash card after the update and the firmware update was a success.

After the update, I went to connect the phone to the RC  but was now unable to connect the phone to the DJI Go App at all... I have tried every suggestion offered on this thread, and more... none of the suggestions has worked.  

In order to try and rule-out any possible hardware, USB cord, or firmware related issues that may have popped up while I was upgrading the firmware...  I downloaded the DJI Go application on a friend's Samsung Galaxy 4 (Verizon also) running Anroid 5 --- everything worked flawlessly... used the P3 all day yesterday.  In addition, I am also able to connect to RC to the P3 and fly it manually without the Go App or device.

So, here's what I now know:

1) There is no issue with the P3 / RC hardware or firmware
2) There is no issue with the USB cord
3) There is no issue with my Note 5 phone hardware... it was working fine (in terms of connecting to the DJI Go app and seeing the P3) just before I started the  firmware update process.

Conclusion:

There is 100% a bug with DJI Go application and the latest RC firmware that relates to Anroid 6.  

I am open to any suggestions, but as I mentioned previously, I have tried every recommendation on this thread (numerous times).  Until a fix appears, I suppose the only way to use the P3 is to remain friends with my buddy that has an outdated phone and make sure that he never upgrades it.

2016-5-21
Use props
aivanov
New

Bulgaria

Dears@DJI,

May I ask why my post got deleted? This action alone is even more disappointing than the buggy software for the drones you're releasing! Now we can only guess how many other opinions like that got also deleted. Is this your way of providing support?! Maybe you did find the truth being offensive, or what?! It was just saying none of your methods worked and no, the issue isn't fixed with 9.3.2, so stop washing your hands with this and that and put some efforts into fixing it!

So, to put the things simple - would you please let me know how can I connect the P3Pro to the new iPad Pro 9.7? There is no 9.3.2 - Apple pulled it already, as it was bricking this device (modern software times, sorry).
I look forward receiving your response, not to see this one will also be deleted, as I'll be deleting you from the list of companies I'll be purchasing from. Don't forget there are many places out there you don't moderate, but they're also having very serious influencing power. Stop making enemies - you have enough as far as I can see here. Thanks.
2016-5-24
Use props
dkovar
New

United States

Greetings,

I had this problem as well - Galaxy Note 5 would not connect to the P3 using DJI GO or DroneDeploy. Multiple IOS devices would. Cable was not the problem.

The problem is in the mode the USB port is in. By default it is "charge only". It needs to be in "MIDI" to exchange data. You can change this by swiping down from the top and changing the USB mode.

HOWEVER, that option is not always present! If someone can figure out how to make the change permanent, we'd have a fully working solution.

Why couldn't DJI figure this out?

-David
2016-5-24
Use props
aivanov
New

Bulgaria

FYI - with the DJI Go app update from today, the iPad Pro 9.7" still can't connect (How to connect instead of the sign "Aircraft connected" above the button and the lovely blue "Enter camera view" button).
DJI, are waiting for iOS update from Apple to get this birds flying, or what?
2016-5-25
Use props
Cazadoom
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dji Go app update today .... Still NO camera view for either of my devices!!! ... Taking the Mick now really!!!!

Oh and no reply to my last post in this thread!

Great support so far!!!

2016-5-26
Use props
Rgcspies
lvl.2

China

I am having the same problem with my brand new Phantom 3 advanced. Cant get passed the How to connect stage and see the camera feed.
Havent been able to activate the Phantom either.
2016-5-27
Use props
isitmark
New

United States

Rgcspies@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-27 09:28
I am having the same problem with my brand new Phantom 3 advanced. Cant get passed the How to connec ...

Same here will not connect to previously working nexus and iPhone 6plus, put away in the fall, bust it out when weather is nice, doesn't work. Good job DJI...
2016-5-27
Use props
florod63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167156 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems to me that this is happening with everyone who purchased the HDMI upgrade board for the controller.  I had the same problem and when I put the old board back onto my controller, my android device is now working.  Is there a patch that I need to download for the HDMI board so I can use my android device again with the HDMI board?
2016-5-27
Use props
jamesr.lingiii
New

United States

Using a Droid Turbo with the P3Pro I was able to connect to the camera once.  I had gotten it for Christmas, hadn't flown it due to weather, finally got it updated and connected once.  Powered everything down for a good charge session, went outside, powered it all on, camera option is MIA.  Just this hilarious How To button.

It is connecting to the RC just fine, green light.
Event went into USB debug mode on my phone to see if it was reading the input wrong, nope.

Back in the box for another 6 months.

Weak sauce.  Words really do not properly convey the ultimate level of frustration with something that, by this point, should be a non-issue.  Especially for something as expensive as this.  I am grateful that I don't need it for work or something akin to that as some have stated they do, that would be awful.
2016-5-27
Use props
dbrayton
New

Hello. I have a PS3 pro and have had no issues using the ap on my Samsung Tab S. Now I have same issue as others, I'm not able to get the app to connect to the rc. The RC and the aircraft connect.  What are the fixes for this with the Samsung tab? I also tried it with my Ipad pro. Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
gkasznia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232064 ft
United States

Follow these steps in order as I've found its the only way for 100% sucess to link them

1)Turn on controller
2)Plug in mobile device and launch dji go/auto launch (recommened)
3)turn on phantom
2016-5-31
Use props
psnakupy
New

Slovakia

How is it possible that so many people have the problem of connecting the RC with App ,and why it is not possible to do downgrade to stable version? WTF are you doing DJI ???  So expensive toy and even unusable. I am angry and disappointed.Do something about it!
2016-6-1
Use props
eloynmarquez
New

Mexico

Hello fellow droners!

I have two Phantom 3 Pro sitting at my desk because this update (from DJI, android or Apple?). I had tried to update Firmware many times (logs files are successful for the drone, not for the RC), reinstall the App, tried the c1 + c2 + recording buttons at start and powering down the RC... nothing still. The gimbals move when I command from the RC but the drone lights are flashing yellow in one side and red in the other side.

After reading all posts, I noticed the USB tethering comment. My phone is a Asus Zenphone Z00AD with android version 5.0 and I noticed the USB option was OFF. I will try tomorrow this solution... I really hope it works, seems so simple but I have spend a lot of time figuring it out.

If it is such a common error, please relase a DJI help guide on the matter listted next to the documentation. Its OK to make mistakes, it is NOT OK to try to fix them.

Good night,
EDIT: No luck with the UBS tethering since the phone would not even recognize the RC as a compatible device, so the option stays gray and I cant force it to activate. I also tried updating the controller with the bin file inside the SD card inside the gimbal port, no luck. So I still have two Phantom 3 PRO sitting on the desk with video clients waiting. I will try to roll back all updates and start again.
EDIT2:  Went back to roll FW to 1.3, but it is not possible after you updated to 1.7, I am tired of this S#$%, I am sending back the drone to DJI after spending about 6 days trying all what have been posted on the forums: roll back FW, tried two different phone, 4 UBS cables (one pristine, brand new), different PCs, different SD cards (from the two DJI drones that I have), tried to bind and reset RCs, discharge and recharge RC and batteries, leave the RC beeping for 30 mins, changed start-up order, etc, etc, etc, etc.... NOTHING WORKS. Thanks for the update DJI!!!
2016-6-3
Use props
bocasurf
New

Panama

hi i reset my cell phone wich is the one i use with my device is a samsung galaxy 3
before my device was working well .
now i have notice that the on/off button on the phantom battery stay on red all the time
has well has the one on the remote control all batteries lights are green has they suposse to be
i can star my phantom manualy i can control the camera gimble but i am not getting interface bettwen
my movil with the go pro app all i see is (HOW TO CONECT) .
what get my atention is the two power buttons on a red light stady (phantom battery/remote control)
i try resetting conection has it say on instruccions and it dont work i try reset wifi it dint work has well
i have a phantom 3 standard.
i need help A.S.A.P.

2016-6-11
Use props
bocasurf
New

Panama

psnakupy Posted at 2016-6-1 15:35
How is it possible that so many people have the problem of connecting the RC with App ,and why it is ...

agree 1000 %
2016-6-11
Use props
Saka
New

Australia

I'm locked out on the iPad also.  (After attempting to update apps and firmware.  RC firmware won't upgrade at all)
I've managed to get it going with my Android phone.  I was able to update the RC from here to version 1.6.0  (Aircraft is at 1.8.80)  Still no luck with the iPad though...
Standing by for more information....
2016-6-12
Use props
mythinkhouse
New

I was experiencing the same issues today as everyone in this thread. I could not get the past the Welcome screen and see the CAMERA button.

I updated my iPhone to 9.3.2. I updated the firmware on the remote. I updated the firmware on the drone.

Everything is now working.
2016-6-12
Use props
yangkasa7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56020 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I have a phantom 3 pro. The problem is the motor won't start but the gimbal is controlable for the app,the camera is greyed out and when i click the camera it appeared to be black screen and i can't do anything abou it. i've done upgrade to the newest firmware,roll back the RC firmware to 1.3 and still it doesn't work. Try to linking RC but the prompt won't come out. Done anything like the forum said and till no result. Any help?

2016-6-24
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

Long time Phantom user. I have had my Phantom 3 Pro since July of 2015. I spent $1300 on this thing plus batteries, accessories, etc.

Well guess what? I haven't been able to fly my $1300 drone for MONTHS because of the problem everyone here is having. I have tried EVERYTHING you can think of and then some. Words cannot express how upset I am at the incompetence of DJi and the lack of overall help for everyone. How can they mess this up so bad? I have missed out on filming some incredible family events, weddings, gatherings, sunsets, fireworks, beaches, etc because DJi messed this up so bad.

Anyone from DJi, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You want to know why? Because you could fix this EASILY TODAY if you wanted to.

Here is your solution:

LET US UPDATE OUR REMOTES VIA MINI USB CABLE USING A COMPUTER.

Done and done.

But nope, you force us to go through the app to update the remote control. WE CAN'T EVEN CONNECT TO THE APP TO UPDATE!!!!!
Do you understand that? Give us a different option and BOOM. PROBLEM SOLVED. I can't understand this stubbornness. Shaking my head in disgust.

This is sickening. I am at my wits end with this company. I will NEVER buy another drone from DJi ever again and I will tell others exactly what they did. You don't deserve my money anymore. I have dazzled countless numbers of friends, family and random people with my Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 Pro (WHEN IT ACTUALLY WORKED, CANT REMEMBER WHEN THAT WAS) and sold them on wanting one just by letting them see it in action. I can no longer support DJi hardware after this nightmare you have forced all of us loyal customers to go through.

If you delete this comment, then shame on you yet again. You can't handle the truth apparently if this comment disappears. I have every right in the world to be angry and these people do to.

Shame on you guys. It has been MONTHS since I could fly my Phantom. I am beyond upset.
2016-6-25
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue.  My RC and the Phantom 3P communicate but cannot open Camera on App.  I have a feeling DJI may have a bug in the RC software that turns off the USB port.  The reason I think this is because I tried using a USB adapter with the SD card and normally it lights up when connected.  However,  when I connect the USB adapter to the RC  - nothing lights up on the USB adapter.  Just an opinion and observation.  Unfortunately,  Im dead in the water like everyone else.  Hope DJI addresses soon.
2016-6-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Del2015 Posted at 2015-11-23 02:04
Thanks. I've done that many times though and reverted back to older versions of the app as well that ...

If you have an Hdmi module installed on the remote,  try removing the cover from it and try to connect again.  If you have no Hdmi module,  try a new cable.  When you connect the device to the r/c,  does it give you the option to change the "  Usb connect as "  setting?
2016-6-25
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-6-25 14:31
If you have an Hdmi module installed on the remote,  try removing the cover from it and try to con ...

no, Im using an iPhone 6s.
2016-6-25
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

dewolff Posted at 2016-6-25 14:52
no, Im using an iPhone 6s.

I've tried several USB cables and I don't have an HDMI card in the Remote. I appreciate your help.
2016-6-25
Use props
makeglory
Banned

Panama

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-25
Use props
jasoncolliver80
lvl.1

Canada

Rocotaco, one of the best posts I've ever seen on here my friend.  I finally gave up with the exact same issue you've been having,  had to send it back as no solution was working and,  like you,  I've tried them all.  Worst part is...  After breaking their own product  with an update I'm on the hook for shipping from Canada back to California.  Really terrible experiences with this company so far...  Let's see how the repair goes....
2016-6-25
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

Just tried my wife's iPad air 2 that had an older version of the dji go app.  When opened the App shows the "open camera" button.  Although it opens,  unfortunately it doesn't control anything and it says its disconnected.  I updated the APP to the current version and it acts exactly the same way my iPhone 6s acts.  No "open camera" button.  When I hold down the Academy icon for 10 seconds and release it,  I get this message.  
Product: Phantom 3 Standard
Current Version:
Device Disconnected
Select Firmware Version
none

I also noticed that the iOS devices do not show any charge icon when connected to the RC.
I think there is something wrong with the latest APP.
2016-6-27
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

Please HELP us. Let us update the remote with a USB Flash or Mini USB and this all goes away.

Problem solved. It's literally as simple as that.

Why would you even take that option away to begin with?

This has gotten way out of hand. I MISS FLYING SO MUCH.

2016-6-27
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

I totally agree! There is no way to check what firmware version is currently on the RC.  Using the mini USB port would be really helpful if they would give us that option.
I'm currently on the phone with someone from India. After waiting 30 minutes to talk to someone.  So far I'm spending almost 1.5 hours on the phone.  Good thing i have unlimited minutes...lol.
The guy is trying and seems to know some, but i have little confidence for any resolution. I Just received the Osmo for a job this week but no way will i try and upgrade the firmware on that!
2016-6-27
Use props
xeagle1x
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22231 ft
United States

dewolff Posted at 2016-6-27 18:47
I totally agree! There is no way to check what firmware version is currently on the RC.  Using the m ...

Had the same issue.......Lurked around reading all "fixes" nothing would work. up graded to the HDMI on RC $93 on amazon only because it was the only thing left (bad USB post) and sure enough instant blue button for camera
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules