255922 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152096 ft
United Kingdom

Del2015 Posted at 2015-11-23 01:04
Thanks. I've done that many times though and reverted back to older versions of the app as well that I didn't have any issues with, but I never get to the point of being able to enter the camera view.

I think it is to do with ios 11.1.  it really mucked it up.  soon as i updated stoped working and same as you.
2017-11-15
Use props
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 01:35
Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on . If that doesn't work , please contact your dealer or support center .

Will try that
2017-11-15
Use props
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 13:34
if you have a blue light then you need to relink the aircraft, page 28 of the manual.
As far as the app saying "How to Connect" if you swipe left then right again it should let you into the app. If it says disconnected, then that means the app has no communication with the remote controller. That would be a USB cable issue or the USB post on the remote.

Listen can you try your solution because all of us here are trying everything you people are saying but nothing is working.  Please.
2017-11-15
Use props
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Definitely something going on here.  As soon as I updated my iPhone 6+ to iOS 11.1 the connection problems started happening.  So I took it over to my cousins.  His iPad Air is on iOS 11.0.3. I was able to fly it perfectly no problem seen everything on the screen.  But took it back home and what do you know it isn't working on my iPhone that is in iOS 11.1.   This needs sorted fast.  Hopes this reassures anyone.
2017-11-15
Use props
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-14 14:43
Hey DJI this problem was first reported in NOV 2015.
It seems to me it is time to put some resource into fixing it.
It IS an update problem for all of us.

Yes that it right.  Noticed that something wasn't right there.
2017-11-15
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

Phantomsahoy Posted at 2017-11-15 10:04
Definitely something going on here.  As soon as I updated my iPhone 6+ to iOS 11.1 the connection problems started happening.  So I took it over to my cousins.  His iPad Air is on iOS 11.0.3.  I was able to fly it perfectly no problem seen everything on the screen.  But took it back home and what do you know it isn't working on my iPhone that is in iOS 11.1.   This needs sorted fast.  Hopes this reassures anyone.

I feel like DJI is just trying to get us to upgrade to newer drones... I am having the same problem and cant get an answer.
2017-11-18
Use props
Astrodott
New
Flight distance : 122457 ft

Guatemala

My P3P work fine with my iphone 5s iOs 10.3.3 but with my ipad doesn't work and my ipad its iOs 11.1 i think the problem it's with iOs so DJI needs to update the app so we can be able to use again our devices with iOs 11.1
2017-11-23
Use props
George_Ath
New
Greece

Hello Guys!
Yesterday I just start having the same problem as the most of you.
I tried to make a flight, but the camera was not connected, with the official DJI Go app (android).
I also have installed 2 other app, although i haven't use them till today.
Without changing any settings, one of these non official apps HAD connection with the camera!!! I cose this app, i open the official, with no connection :-(
I begun trying to make experiments. Reseting RC, preesing buttons and etc. The last think i did, was on DJI Go App.
-On main screen, i pressed the human icon (right down).
-On next screen i pressed the gear button (top right)
-I enabled "USB developer options".
-I scrolled down and enabled "USB Debugging.
AND FINALLY IT WORKED! THE CAMERA WAS CONNECTED.
I hope it will be helppful.
----If you can control (move up-down) the camera by RC, you don't have to reset it.
2017-11-26
Use props
ddd777
lvl.1

United States

When i open the app I can enter camera for an Inspire 1 Raw, but I have a P3P.  When I swipe to the P3P to select it , it only offers "How to Connect".    I have changes usb cables numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. tried the app on both ios and android devices, nothing changes.    Currently the rx is flashing between red and green, the front gimbal light is green, the aircraft status is blinking steady yellow.  All that is operable is to tilt the camera up and down.  Does any one have a solution to this?
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_VuoKh2M
New
Flight distance : 15692 ft
India

My RC is connecting fine with the P3A and I am getting the camera view on my Android Device (Xiaomi Mi 4  which according to DJI is not compatible with DJI go app) and everything works fine. I recently got a iPad Air (just to fly my quad and which is supposed to be compatible with DJI go) and I am unable to enter the camera view (I only see, 'how to connect' button instead of 'Camera') If i switch to my android device, I am able to enter camera view immediately without even a need to restart my RC or AC. The challenge is getting into the camera view on my iPad air. I can still use the quad without the camera view, with just the RC while my iPad air is connected.  I am currently using DJI Go app (V.3.1.22) on my iPad air (iOS 11.0.1).  I have relinked the RC and AC though linking was never an issue, just that the thread suggested me to re-link. My P3A is running on firmware - P35FW v01.11.0020

Seems like everyone has this issue. I have tried quite a few suggestions from this thread with no avail.

What to do?
2017-11-28
Use props
Crashcreations
New
Flight distance : 2113 ft
United States

I know this is old and was wondering if you ever got it fixed, I had the same exact problem with both of my drones and was able to figure it out...
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_ap4vZqw
lvl.1

Italy

here me too...
2017-11-29
Use props
ddd777
lvl.1

United States

still haven't figured it out
2017-11-29
Use props
jules1985
New

United States

Also having the same issue. Read the whole thread hoping someone had found a miraculous answer.... nope! I am running a P3P on the latest FW and the RC... who knows what is running on that. Thing is frozen in time! Using an iPhone 6s and iPad Mini 2 that never had an issue connecting. Have literally tried everything suggested by this thread. Even was able to try mother in laws iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.3 and that didn't work. Giving up now! Maybe it is the USB? Should the RC and AC be connected though if the USB isn't connected? Are they connecting via wifi?

Question though... what does it mean if my RC flashes instead of a solid color? When I turn it on the RC flashes red, USB doesn't seem to register on the phone. Then i turn on the AC and it connect, turns green, but continues to blink and doesn't go solid. I can control the gimbal, start the drone and fly it perfectly, but I can't enter camera mode and get a visual on the drone. So RC and AC are connecting, but light blinks and no visual. Ahhh what the F!
2017-11-30
Use props
jules1985
New

United States

Also, does this mean if I bought a new RC for the P3P that I could connect it and it would work again? Or does it go beyond that? I mean if the remote is F'd and doesn't connect, but the drone flies ok, surely that's the only issue?
Thanks everyone and my condolences go out to all who have been royally screwed by DJI!
2017-11-30
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

The update is burning out wiring  in the metal piece above the camera feel how hot it gets while updating
2017-12-6
Use props
Buzzbaitman
lvl.2
United States

Both times I've had trouble with anything related to the camera is take out SD card and see if that works, with no SD card.
2017-12-6
Use props
modelleler
New

Switzerland

Hi

Recently I have bought  a used P3P with a smashed gimbal. Today I fixed everything with the replacement parts and turned it on for the first time. The app showed the same 'how to connect' for Phantom 3  and no
'Camera' button. Only for Inspire 1 the camera button came, but of course no picture when pressing it. The rest of the RC (gimbal tilt, taking pictures, motors spinning) was working fine.

Then I found the following solution. Maybe someone of you with this problem can try if it works:

When everything is on and the app shows 'how to connect' for your Phantom then go to the WLAN in your mobile device. There phantomXXXX pops up. I connected to this, using the default password 12341234. It connected to the Phantom's Wifi. Then I returned to the DJI Go app and the Camera button was there! I was able to connect and see the through the camera.

I haven't flown yet! I am just trying to get everything to work properly. But maybe this helps(?)
2017-12-7
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

modelleler Posted at 2017-12-7 11:25
Hi

Recently I have bought  a used P3P with a smashed gimbal. Today I fixed everything with the replacement parts and turned it on for the first time. The app showed the same 'how to connect' for Phantom 3  and no

dont understand.the p3p has no wifi to connect to.
2017-12-7
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-12-6 11:36
The update is burning out wiring  in the metal piece above the camera feel how hot it gets while updating

just use a small fan blowing on it during updates.
2017-12-7
Use props
modelleler
New

Switzerland

repairman Posted at 2017-12-7 17:54
dont understand.the p3p has no wifi to connect to.

Ah yes, you are right. It's a Phantom 4K (so the Phantom 3 with 4K cam).
2017-12-8
Use props
fansad46b5da
lvl.1
United States

modelleler Posted at 2017-12-8 01:22
Ah yes, you are right. It's a Phantom 4K (so the Phantom 3 with 4K cam).

The latest version of DJI Go for iPads is not working. I have three Phantom 3 Pros and none will work with my iPad that has the latest iOS and DJI Go. Started with DJI Go turning itself off while I was flying so I deleted and reloaded DJI Go now it will not connect to controller. They all work with my old iPhone SE (between 5S and 6). I have tried every controller and iPad that I have and it all indictates to me that the DJI Go iPad app is the problem. It sounds like others are having the same problem too. I will try the USB developer hack next. I just want to fly my drones and it looks like I will have to become a USB developer to do that.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansad46b5da
lvl.1
United States

fansad46b5da Posted at 2017-12-9 13:59
The latest version of DJI Go for iPads is not working. I have three Phantom 3 Pros and none will work with my iPad that has the latest iOS and DJI Go. Started with DJI Go turning itself off while I was flying so I deleted and reloaded DJI Go now it will not connect to controller. They all work with my old iPhone SE (between 5S and 6). I have tried every controller and iPad that I have and it all indictates to me that the DJI Go iPad app is the problem. It sounds like others are having the same problem too. I will try the USB developer hack next. I just want to fly my drones and it looks like I will have to become a USB developer to do that.

I won't be doing the USB developer hack because that option is not available on the new version of DJI Go. If anyone figures out how to get the iPad to connect please post.
2017-12-9
Use props
Eclipse27
lvl.1
United States

fansad46b5da Posted at 2017-12-9 14:13
I won't be doing the USB developer hack because that option is not available on the new version of DJI Go. If anyone figures out how to get the iPad to connect please post.

Thought I would roll back to an earlier version of DJI Go, but iTunes will only let you load apps directly from the Apple App Store now so you can no longer use the Charles program to modifty the install from iTunes. I think I'm screwed. Three P3P's, two won't connect because of DJI Go update and one has camera bricked from firmware update. Thanks DJI.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansb872acfc
lvl.1
United States

keenanjknz@gmai Posted at 2015-12-23 11:11
I have a similar issue. The app on start up recognises an inspire 1 and not my phantom 3. The only thing I can think of is that have you registered any other device other than your P3 ? I registered an inspire originally but don't have it anymore. I bought a P3 and the app wont allow me to connect to p3 beacause it only gives me an option to connect to the inspire 1

Mine is doing the exact same thing. The Inspire camera view is offered but not the Phantom 3 Pro. I've never had an Inspire !
It worked fine with the original iPhone when I bought the drone. Now I'm using Samsung S8+ with no luck. Tried many cables and SD cards. I got nothing !
I absolutely loathe this drone now after spending 4 days on research and videos. Nothing works !
I've only used it six times and still in beginner mode. It's a $1500 paperweight  !
2017-12-16
Use props
fansb872acfc
lvl.1
United States

I will be posting these comments on every drone page on Facebook. This is ridiculous and a rip off !
$1500 for a drone that made 6 flights and no longer works is a disaster of a purchase ! And your call support should own a 7-11 And not be trying to speak English while reading a book !
2017-12-16
Use props
fansce8ba99f
New

New Zealand

I doubt that the USB ports on thousands of controllers all over the world have suddenly become damage all at the same time that you initiated a firmware upgrade.
It is well passed time that you took ownership of this problem.
2017-12-29
Use props
fans211f6eba
New
Flight distance : 101680 ft
United States

Has there been a fix, as I have the same problem. The app crashes when i try to connect to camera view.
2017-12-31
Use props
Dragonpit
New
United States

I have not connected my drone since July last year, then today as it is a new year and having nothing else to do I decided to fly the old Phantom 3.  As I expected it needed an update (I wish I read this tread before I did it) and now my RC will not connect with the App (which it did right before the update).  So after reading all the comments in this forum I can not believe that DJI has not come forward and offer a fix for our problem, what kind of customer service is this.  

So, now what we do DJI? buy another equipment of over $1000 that will last us barely a year?  

DJI, I believe we (your customers) deserve a solution! thank you in advance for your prompt response  
2018-1-1
Use props
Logesj
New
Flight distance : 70190 ft
Australia

I had a conversation about relinking the remote to the AC. i hope it helps.         Turn on the RC.    Press C1, C2 and Shutter button simultaneously and turn off the RC while keep on pressing the 3 buttons then turn the RC back on. •            •         •        Okay next is to uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO App •          Then we will do a manual relinking •          1. Turn on the remote controller and the aircraft 2. Press and hold C1. C2, and the record button until you hear a beep and do not let go. You will hear a beep (D-DD). 3. Press the ISO wheel on the right side of the remote controller and do not let go of any button. The remote controller will begin to beep. 4. Now push the linking button on the aircraft to finish the linking procedure.         
2018-1-2
Use props
jjirvine
New
Flight distance : 148399 ft
United Kingdom

I've been looking through all the Google search results for the same problem, and ended up back here again.

My Phantom 3 Advanced was working fine before the last firmware upgrade.... following the update, I also received the "gimbal disconnected" error in the Go app. Then after trying a couple of things, I could no longer access the actual app - the app just got stuck at the "How to Connect" page. Selecting "Learn more" gave me access to the instructions as to how to connect, but would not go any farther. I've been tearing my hair out, as it was working fine up until the minute before updating, but there have been lots of suggestions to change the ribbon cable, do this and do that with hardware, but nothing worked.
In my quest for a solution, I read somewhere on another  website about a guy who reset his iPad back to factory defaults and then reinstalled the Go app - that seemed to work for him, as the process would eradicate any previous software cache settings etc. It seems a very long winded way to solve this, and a bit drastic, as who has the time to do this every time there is an upgrade?!
After reading his solution, I suddenly thought, rather than backing up and then resetting the iPad to the default settings, why not try another tablet to see if it made any difference. I've a very generous wife who bought me an iPad Air 2, to be used specifically for drone flying, and this is the tablet on which I've been having the problem. So I then decided to try the app on my other iPad - an iPad Pro.
Guess what happened...it worked on the first try!! I got access to the Go app, the screen displayed as it should, allowing me to access the camera, and then there it was ...the Go app in all its glory. I've literally just taken it for a flight in the back garden, and it is working as it should. This suggests there must be something in the iPad cache system that the RC and bird don't like, so don't want to recognise either's existence, let alone talk to one another. After having many suggestions to replace ribbon cables and other hardware on the bird, I think it does show it is obviously a software problem. For months I've been looking for a solution, without having to send the Phantom away to a repair centre to relieve me of more cash. However, given the amount of posts from DJI customers regarding the exact same problem, surely DJI should be able to issue some sort of a "fix", as it seems a ridiculous situation for so many people to be experiencing! By the way, I tried my iPad Air 2 with my other Phantom - a Phantom 4 Pro - and it worked as it always has, so go figure that one out. Hope this gives some folk an alternative, but as it has been a problem for so long, DJI needs to get their collective finger out and issue a properly researched and engineered update to sort this out once and for all. This work around got me back in the air, so it may be worth trying if anyone else has alternative phones/tablets they can use, but obviously does not address the specific, underlying issue, directly.
2018-1-20
Use props
kalkoolio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370128 ft

Canada

jjirvine Posted at 2018-1-20 04:57
I've been looking through all the Google search results for the same problem, and ended up back here again.

My Phantom 3 Advanced was working fine before the last firmware upgrade.... following the update, I also received the "gimbal disconnected" error in the Go app. Then after trying a couple of things, I could no longer access the actual app - the app just got stuck at the "How to Connect" page. Selecting "Learn more" gave me access to the instructions as to how to connect, but would not go any farther. I've been tearing my hair out, as it was working fine up until the minute before updating, but there have been lots of suggestions to change the ribbon cable, do this and do that with hardware, but nothing worked.

!!! Cannot enter Camera View to relink RC after firmware upgrade !!!!

I have not read through this entire thread, but have gone through hundreds of other threads, and spent nearly 4 days trying to resurrect my brick after the latest firmware upgrade. I have tried reformatting the USB card, installed a new usb card in the bird, changed cables, deleted and reinstalled the Go App, reboot everything, hard reset of the controller using a couple of different methods, reinstalled the aircraft firmware, etc. etc. but just cannot link the RC to the bird because I cannot enter the $$%**#!! DJI GO App, and get past the "How to Connect Screen". Tried this solution from the UK which worked for me, I hope it can help some others here:

Try  to relink the RC/ to aircraft manually:

- Power on RC and craft;
- Press the C1 + C2 buttons on the back of the RC together and keep them both pressed;
- Press the video record button (on the left shoulder of the RC), and keep pressed as well;
- When it starts beeping release C1, C2 and the REC button, press the camera settings wheel (on the right shoulder of the RC);
- The linking mode is now activated: the RC shows a blue led and starts beeping;
- Press the link button on the aircraft within 1 minute (see the user manual for the location of the link button, its right beside a little red LED on the right side of the bird);
- When the RC shows a green led, and the beeping stops, the linking procedure has succeeded and the control link has been restored.

First time I entered DJI GO and relinked, the bird only ran for 5-10 seconds. Rebooted all devices and all good on the second try. Whew !!!
2018-1-20
Use props
Joe Gonzalez
New

United States

I had the same problem and i found out it was my cable. I reinstalled the app and used a new cable and found out for me that it worked.
2018-1-21
Use props
Vantage Point
New

Saint Lucia

keenanjknz@gmai Posted at 2015-12-23 11:11
I have a similar issue. The app on start up recognises an inspire 1 and not my phantom 3. The only thing I can think of is that have you registered any other device other than your P3 ? I registered an inspire originally but don't have it anymore. I bought a P3 and the app wont allow me to connect to p3 beacause it only gives me an option to connect to the inspire 1

Ive Been a longtime DJI customer and have 2 P3A sitting unable to do anything
I already own a mavic and a P4P and I've just about had enough.
There seems to be enough of us with this issue to consider a class action suite
Because at this juncture DJI has taken our moeny and given us nothing in return other than headaches and lost business revenue
2018-2-3
Use props
Dheylin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 01:35
Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on . If that doesn't work , please contact your dealer or support center .

man you save me it works !
2018-2-3
Use props
TSniddy
New
Canada

Hi Everyone,

I was having this problem and I seemed to have solved this issue on my Phantom 3 Standard. As long as I turn off my mobile (Cellular) data before I try to connect to the DJI go App everything consistently connects as it should.

Hope that helps!
2018-2-8
Use props
platinumfamily
New
Flight distance : 56220 ft
United States

I think I have tried EVERYTHING in this post thread.  Same problem, rc and p3pro connect, can fly without video feed, no device I own ever gets the camera feed.  After reading everything, this is NOT a hardware problem, it is in the software somewhere, whether it is IOS or DJI Go - I've updated IOS to the newest 11.2.6 I think.  You would think that DJI would make a way to get this working.
2018-3-1
Use props
AZdronesvt
New

United States

I recently purchased my P3A from the original owner and flew the drone 1 day with no issues. Was prompted to do a firmware update and now the app will not go past "how to connect". The RC moves the camera side to side but that is the most I am abe to d. I am also on IOS 11.2.6. I tried using my Samsung Galaxy S7 and had the same issue. It seems my RC connection to whatever device I use isnt being recognized as a USB connection so it wont connect the camera feed. Very frustrating. Ive tried all the suggested fixes. Just want my drone to fly like it is designed to
2018-3-3
Use props
fansb430fd76
New

United States

Android phones must have mobile data switched off when trying to connect to camera.
2018-3-17
Use props
fans69a8300c
New

Vietnam

George_Ath Posted at 2017-11-26 04:20
Hello Guys!
Yesterday I just start having the same problem as the most of you.
I tried to make a flight, but the camera was not connected, with the official DJI Go app (android).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! IT HAS SUCCESSFULLY CONNECTED .
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules