Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
173038 325 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans30ba3393
New

United States

triist@ifonlypr Posted at 2016-4-22 18:19
FIXED mine as well! I had this same issue, drone and controller were communicating but my phone would continue to say "How to connect" instead of "Camera"

This is probably just a specific fix because I'm using a Galaxy S6, but some of this info might be helpful even if you don't have this specific phone. The problem was that my phone was recognizing the controller only as a charger, and wasn't transferring/reading any of the data I wanted from the controller/drone. So to fix that I had to connect the USB to my phone, turn my wifi off (not sure if 100% necessary), go into my settings -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> Turn on USB tethering. From there you need to pull down the notification settings from the top (Just drag the top quick bar down, not sure what that's called exactly) and then choose the "connected USB accessory" icon and choose either the option that says "software installation" or the "MIDI" one and boom, done. You may have to restart the app, but the blue "camera" button should appear now! For some reason I had to do the whole turn of WiFi, turn on USB tethering thing before I could change the USB accessory from being recognized as a charger to being recognized as anything else, not sure why!

Interesting resolutions being suggested. I'm using the Apple Xr but maybe it's a phone issue for me as well. I'll have to locate the proper cable to connect my phone to the controller and experiment in the Settings to see if things come to life.
2019-6-2
Use props
VirtualMo
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-8 02:07
Congratulations on getting it solved. Others have said to do exactly what you did, but no-one listens.

Lots of people are listening, the only entity that ISN'T listening is DJI support.  How in the world can an otherwise perfectly functioning USB connector on the remote stop working on HUNDREDS of RCs for HUNDREDS of people who all did the same thing: update the GO APP?

It's so infuriating to have someone like you blame the victim. Sure, there are some who dont' listen, but as far as I can tell there are some really savvy people trying to revive their drones and continue to be unsuccessful because DJI won't actually fix the APP problem.

I've "LISTENED" to hundreds of posts, tried dozens of recommendations like updating FW, updating APP, changing USB cables over and over  but I've ended up like dozens of others with no solution. One of the moderators actually suggested trying "SEVERAL KNOWN-GOOD CABLES - really?!?! Just magically one of the "good" cables will make this nightmare go away? That's not support that's wishful thinking.
2019-7-4
Use props
fans08b94ff9
New

Australia

My phantom 3 app does not let me see the camera on the drone
2019-7-31
Use props
Juan L
lvl.1

Norway

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-18 17:46
Unfortunately no luck. I get the above screen with;
Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown

Hi 110WestCape,
Did you manage to fix this issue?
If you did, how did you do it?
2019-10-20
Use props
Nic72
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You cannot store the Phantom 3 away for a long time without using it, I did this and the video feed circuit became corrupted, I had to send to Holland for repair from the U.K, it cost £200.
Reboot your Phantom and connect with the App at least once every month even if you're not going to take it out and fly it.
2019-11-3
Use props
EKMurakami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165079 ft

United States

Try changing the lightning cable that connects between the phone and remote control.  It worked for me.  Iphone 8+ and Phantom 3 Professional.
2-18 01:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules