Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OK, you are all going to pull my flight apart .
1135 7 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have fun with me as I have no idea what happened .I was flying my Vineyards and taking pictures as this is a good time to see problem areas and get ready for next year . I was out about 1000 feet at about 125 feet up .We are steep hillside so I have to be careful .I heard a plane and looked up but all was good .I lost sight of her .Went to FPV all looked good and started to come home but something was not right. She was acting strange and the gimbale was stuck ,I could not see what was going on .Then trees right in front of her .I went up to 300 feet and still had no idea where she was but I could hear her .Went to map and found her and directed her home .She was a long way to my left,no idea how she got there .All safe and landed but the Camera was stuck looking the wrong way .Did a reset and all is good now.Something strange happened up there but all for the good, as I like to learn .Funny thing was we have a wild cat living on the Vineyard and she decided this was the time to rub between my legs .She was not fazed by the drone landing ,just purred more .Just wanted to bring some fun in,I love my I1 and am always amazed when I fly her .

2015-11-22
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

You know the difference about free and follow mode on the gimbal RIGHT?
Just checking to rule out the "obvious" ... cause this is the first that comes to my mind when you describe your problem.
2015-11-23
Use props
mtnred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-23 03:34
I'll not berate nor criticise but I will point out that you've discovered first-hand, the advantage  ...

Thanks for that Paul and yes in an ideal world an observer would be great .I have flown those Vineyard blocks so many times and never a problem .The Gimbal was totally stuck .As I said I did a reset on the ground and it is fine now .I told the story because no matter how good you are strange things can happen, it is always helpful to share and have fun with other pilots .
2015-11-23
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar experience. The Quad just disappeared in the sky. I was watching it and I was a bit high and took my eyes off of it and could not find it again. Panic does set in. My practice now is to bring it up as you did and enter the RTH mode. I have never had a gimbal lock up and I would imagine that even more fear would set in. Once I have it in sight I enter ATTI mode and go on from there especially if my landing area is cluttered with foliage or other physical items. By doing that I don't have to worry about GPS error and I can set it down right where I want it.
You live to fly another day.
2015-11-24
Use props
dbmoss
lvl.4

United States

Tell us a bit more about the cat.
2015-11-27
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-23 15:56
You're not wrong.

A lot of training for pilots of full-sized aircraft involves what to do when th ...

Yup - and it is knowing your boldface procedures without hesitation or having to 'think' about them that will save you in a 'dirty pants moment'!

I see too many 'unpack it, charge it, fly it - lets see how high it will go' flyers that its becoming frightening.

Christmas Day afternoon could be interesting this year.... look to the skies.
2015-11-28
Use props
mtnred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dbmoss Posted at 2015-11-27 19:00
Tell us a bit more about the cat.

Sure ,4 years ago she appeared at my front door and has never left .She sleeps in an outside heated bed and catches all sorts of pests from the vineyards .Including rats and the odd rabbit .She will sometimes let us touch her head but that is it .So when she started winding between my legs it was very odd and her timing was not great .Her name is Moxey .
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

looks like a gimbal free mode. I wonder if you have video and flight records of that flight?
2015-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules