Help Needed!
806 3 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

Hello all I would like for you professionals to give me your opinion on the color grading in my video please. Am just starting out in this hobby and I would like to grow. So please feel free to critique and point me in the right direction.

http://youtu.be/joTl8F7GagU
2015-11-22
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like some great work! Not bad for just starting out. The beginning of the video has a big WOW factor to the regular sightviewer but to a editor, it may be too aggressive on the contrast and saturation. A big difference can be seen at 0:15 when the island in the background pretty much is a blur due to over-saturation. I would dial it back a tiny bit. The sand HELP scene needed a bit of touch, but almost perfect.

At 0:54, it is a bit hard to work with darker scenes. The sky can be proof that color grading was over-done to compensate for the dark areas on the island and trees. Still a very good mix for dark footage. Water looks excellent.

Great video IMHO. Most viewers would be WOW'ed. Good work, plenty of room for improvement, and I am looking forward to seeing more videos as you hone in your skills.

2015-11-23
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You did fine. We all start out at ground zero. Over time you will develop your individual style. You will find a lot of great work here in the forums from its members. May I suggest checking out Jim Hare's excellent Tutorials.
2015-11-24
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

Thanks all for your honest opinions. I will take a look at jims vids and post up another shoot I'll do this week end.
2015-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules