Phantom 3 Standard RC range in a city
2454 4 2015-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

Can someone calm me down and tell about you'r in-city fly's expirience?
I have this drone for a few weeks but don't have possabilyty to fly outside the city.
Every take away we start with "Warning:Strong interference, please be cautious in long distance flight".
And flying distance like a 100-150 m. before signal lost and Phantom RTH.
I have try to fly in a 3 different places, but always got this short range (I know hot antenna works). So if you can tell about your in-city fly's — thanks a lot!

Here is my flight log:
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=NDI1MzI
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
The flight distance in city could be very short because of all kinds of interference . Cities are different , interference could be different, they could hardly be taken as reference . Anyway , Please take it outside for a test !
2015-11-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Why is your font so small?  I see posts that small now and then, but I'm not sure how people who aren't using a full sized screen are supposed to read them easily.  Anyway, I would expect the Standard to have quite a shortened range in a city, since the range is somewhat limited, even in wide open spaces.  Remember, ranges given in specs are usually best case scenario.  It's all down hill from there usually.  Trees, buildings, etc., would all have negative effect on the reliable range.
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yaonya, you also would of check this thread for better flight experience http://forum.dji.com/thread-33091-1-1.html
2015-11-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am chiming in here because what has not been said. The range of operation is not just affected by building and other structures getting in the way, it is also strongly dependant upon what other forms of radio interference are present in your area. We do not have exclusive use of the radio band that is used for these aircraft, it is shared by heaps of other services, and they could be drowning out your signal. And that is the message your system is giving you.
2015-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules