2617 12 2015-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fseider
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,

the LiveView in the specifications is now over 5 km. Was there a technical adaptation (aircraft) or are the values been simply adapted?

Regards

Frank

2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,Frank
The  new range specification is updated according to cutomer usage .
2015-11-25
Use props
fseider
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Patrick,

than is the statement in the thread Considering Inspire 1 Pro not true?

"The difference is you may have noticed (or not as this happend surprisingly silent ) that DJI last week changed the specs for ALL !! Inspire1 versions from range 2km to range 5km

This is due to changed hardware. The new Inspire versions are WM6101510 and have ~29,7 dBm peak output while the old version WM6101410 has about ~24 dBm. Same with the RC as the old 658B has ~12 dBm AVG and the 658C has ~16 dBm AVG transmission output."
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

well, even though it's like this, the main factor that influence your flight is the  flight environment. you can get 5 km on a mountain top in the middle of nowhere, but it is not really possible in a city area. However flying in the sight range is the safest way
2015-11-25
Use props
fseider
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

So it is true that the transmit power has been increased!
What about the Phantom 3? There the specifications have also been adjusted.

@Paul: Where can I see the FCC data? I have found nothing about this in the download section.
2015-11-26
Use props
Yogi123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-27 02:04
I cannot remember the links. I'll see if I can find it, but you might beat me to it if you have a  ...
FCC IDS:
The updated v.2/ Pro is here:  https://fccid.io/SS3-WM6101510  

The model the unfortunate early adopters  of the V2/Pro got  is here: https://fccid.io/SS3-WM6101410

The FCC ID can be found in the battery tray.

I had my Pro delivered on 3 November and it is the older model.
2015-11-27
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-26 19:04
I cannot remember the links. I'll see if I can find it, but you might beat me to it if you have a  ...

.25 compared to .19 seems pretty significant that's a 30 percent increase in power. that sucks why didn't they do that from the beginning I feel De-tuned again.
2015-11-27
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

They difference as per the FCC required testing that DJI had performed and supplied to the FCC indicates that the transmitter Licensed by FCC ID #SS3-FM6101410 transmits at 255mw and the transmitter Licensed by FCC ID #SS3-FM6101510 transmits at 1000mw. That is a 392% difference. From a performance standpoint this will allow the doubling of acheivable range when the 1510 transmitter is installed. These are documented easily accessed facts available to anyone who wishes to look on the FCC's website. Whatever corporate Koolaid DJI Tim is drinking won't change that no matter what environmental influences  you have the 1510 will outperform the prior model by a clearly significant amount. Further DJI Tim should be careful claiming that the transmitters are correct however the decals are not as if that were true every unit would be Federally required to be returned to the manufacturer to have the correct license and identification installed. No matter what the reason ends up being that these units were manufactured in this manner there exist there are turning out to be far too many that are not manufactured to the specifications the consumer was lead to believe they were receiving. Honestly when one is speaking in the terms of integrity one produced in this manner is too many. It is and has been time for DJI to address this mess in the most timely and efficient manner possible and provide these consumers with what they are entitled to period. For a start they must cease insulting the intelligence of there consumers and loyal customers and admit there is a problem and immediately follow that with exactly how, where, and when they are making it right.
2015-11-27
Use props
Yogi123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This topic is also discussed in depth  here:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-35691-1-2.html  , but the thread was closed to any more comments . . . . . .
2015-11-28
Use props
SkyOptics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-26 01:51
well, even though it's like this, the main factor that influence your flight is the  flight environm ...

and also the legal way!
2015-11-28
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

How have DJI got round the fact that differing geographical locations (countries) have different laws governing the EIRP of fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting devices?
For instance, in the UK users are limited to 100mW/20dbm EIRP in that spectrum (for non licensed use).

If the transmitter adjusts its power based on GPS data then if someone were to limit the reception of GPS/Glonass (tin foil hat) could a user not run the risk of breaking frequency spectrum transmission limits which is a criminal offence in most countries?

We cant say that DJI wouldnt overlook such an issue - after all, look at the channel fiasco of transmitter transmitting on illegal frequencies in some countries until DJI put a band aid over it with firmware!
2015-11-28
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

Yogi123 Posted at 2015-11-28 11:53
This topic is also discussed in depth  here:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-35691-1-2.html  , but the  ...

Your not seeing the 5 or 6 posts that were deleted by the moderator from that thread. When completely factual posts begin disappearing from threads we're entering troubling times when the only expectation of DJI is fair treatment in the form of supplying the product with the equipment promised. I would consider myself a loyal customer considering I've purchased a Phantom 3, an Inspire 1, and an Inspire 1 PRO in addition to the  over half dozen batteries, the multiple Go-pro cases, well over 1k in enhancements in an attempt to correct range issues with the first Inspire 1,  and enough DJI accessories to buy another aircraft. All this in the last year and my latest purchase I've outfitted with almost 4k in lenses and filters but I still don't have the transmitter in the aircraft that I was entitled to from DJI.  I simply want to know when DJI is going to admit to the epic error and make good.
2015-11-28
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Just checked my RC in the FCC base and see that my Inspire 1 Pro, purchased last November, has the older version ss3-GL658C1504, (transmitting distance 2 km).
Can I upgrade my RC or do I have to purchase a new RC to get greater range?
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules