Phantom 3 Standard
1774 12 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

When will there be a new firmware released for the Standard?
2015-11-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure. The last one was the September. The updates to the P3P and P3A have been to fix issues so unless there is a gaping issue outstanding with the P3S then I don't think one is needed. The P3S is comparable to the P3A at the moment spec wise. Its only the lightbridge ( and as a result extra distance ) that makes them different.

Believe me, unless its for cool features, you don't want to be updating the thing too often. You might have seen on this and other forums how paranoid P3A and P3S ( and Inspire 1 ) users get when a new firmware appears
2015-11-25
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

Except there is a huge issue with the standard of loosing rc signal. Which was created when they put the 1.1.30 out for the standard.  You will also see many users that get brand new p3s that come out of box get latest firmware then can't fly very far away before rth is triggered from rc signal loss. If i remember right it forced me to install the firmware and there is no way to revert back. I haven't been able to use my p3s since the 09/07/2015.
2015-11-25
Use props
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

espr3z Posted at 2015-11-26 04:56
Except there is a huge issue with the standard of loosing rc signal. Which was created when they put ...

Please, tell me more about this issue.
Thanks!
2015-11-25
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

yaonya Posted at 2015-11-25 15:38
Please, tell me more about this issue.
Thanks!

Pretty much when the latest firmware for the standard came out the first flight it would only fly 70m straight away from me then get weak rc signal and rth. Or if i take off and fly straight up to 20m  i get a weak rc signal and rth.  Before that firmware I was flying it 800+ meters away from me and never had an issue. I never lose video signal have full bars for wifi.
2015-11-25
Use props
nitesun911
New
United States

espr3z Posted at 2015-11-25 12:56
Except there is a huge issue with the standard of loosing rc signal. Which was created when they put ...

I know what you mean.  I bought my P3S three weeks ago, did all the upgrades and it would do the same thing.  About 30 m out it would lose signal and RTH.  Tried different locations.  Exchanged it for a new one, it flies great plenty of distance.  I haven't updated the firmware on the newer one.  I don't know if that's the problem, but I'm reluctant to upgrade since, as far as I know, we can't rollback the FW on the standard.  
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

It's been a long time since the last updating . We still don't know about this .
2015-11-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-25 19:17
It's been a long time since the last updating . We still don't know about this .

Believe me, it is a problem .I have the same problem exactly,  and all the other forums I have been on many P3S owners have the same complaint.  On this website alone there are a lot of reports on the exact same problem. A firmware fix would be very welcome, because with the current firmware,  you can fly a rock further than you can fly the P3S.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-11-26 12:07
Believe me, it is a problem .I have the same problem exactly,  and all the other forums I have bee ...

If you are reffering to the RC signal lost problem ,  please pay attention to the flight space . Interference could be responsible for that . By the way , attenna practice is very important too .Please check this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-33091-1-1.html  
2015-11-26
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-26 00:06
If you are reffering to the RC signal lost problem ,  please pay attention to the flight space . I ...

As I live in the mountains, my nearest neighbor being over a mile away, no proximity to any airport or transmitters, and as I have been an RF technician for over 30 years and well understand the limits and capabilities of a radio signal,  and most importantly,  as my P3 flew for very long distances before the firmware update and could go no further than about 300 feet,  and that intermittently, before automatic RTH occurs, after the firmware update,  and as I have seen countless threads on many different websites describing the exact same problem with the exact same aircraft that I have, it seems pretty clear, at least to me and a large number of other users if not to DJI , that the problem is in the firmware.  Yet from your response, appears that DJI believes it is user stupidity,  so therefore there is no problem,  so no firmware fix is in the works.  So P3 Standard owners may as well get used to having an expensive item that can not fly as far as a well made paper airplane.  Very disturbing. I have been operating on the assumption that DJI was aware of and were working on the issue. It seems not.
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-11-27 01:24
As I live in the mountains, my nearest neighbor being over a mile away, no proximity to any airpor ...

Sincerely apologize for that ! I totally understand your feelings ! We indeed value your complaints and suggestions very much ! I'll report your issue to the R&D . If you have any other concerns , please contact us !
2015-11-27
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-27 17:51
Sincerely apologize for that ! I totally understand your feelings ! We indeed value your complaints ...

I agree with our friend above, P3s have a serious problem of losing radio signal after 100 meters. Patrick you tell if this has been fixed in the new firmware?
2015-11-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2015-11-27 21:54
I agree with our friend above, P3s have a serious problem of losing radio signal after 100 meters. ...

Not yet . I've reported this issue and our R&D is working on this . Please hold on .
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules