A little off topic
880 6 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

So this is a little off topic than what most of us talk about on here, but I just had to share this with everyone!  We're all outdoors type people, obviously as that's where we fly the most! Most of us enjoy nature, and many of us trek through nature to get to that spot to fly!  So my bird is currently in transit to DJI's repair center but that doesn't stop me from going back to the area that I love to fly in the most.  My favorite park that happens to have some great nature trails!  I was out enjoying the unusally nice late November weather here in Kansas City, walking along a forest hiking trail when I came upon this doe.  She actually startled me as when I rounded the corner I didn't even see her till I was just feet from her.  Here's the shocking part, normally when I come upon them they run for the hills 30-40 yards.  This one just stood still.  I stopped, and watched her for a few moments.  She wouldn't move.  I crepted a little closer to her, squatted down as to not pose a "threat" to her.  Gave her moments in between each time I moved closer to let her know I meant no harm to her.  I finally got within arms reach, put on a glove I had in my pocket and reached out my hand.  She didn't move a muscle!  I was able to spend 20-25 minutes with her just watching and petting her!  What an amazing experience to be out in nature and be able to do this.  Yes I know the dangers of wild animals and had fully prepared to defend myself if anything harmful had arrised, but this creature was very calm, no snorting of the nose, no pounding of the hoves, no jumpy actions, just calm as could be.  Anyway, I took a short video of it to share with everyone.  I guess Santa lost one of his friends!  Enjoy guys, thanks for letting me share!!

2015-11-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That's astounding. We have parrots here that are also very trusting, one even comes in my door and sits on my bench, but the deer is amazing.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

That's amazing ! I bet this one is with santa !
2015-11-25
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Got to have had some sort of human interaction previously, hand reared probably .Had a similar experiance with a young doe in woodland later found out a local farmer had hand reared her.Often wandering of back to the heard and then returning for short periods back to his farm.Have to agree the great outdoors  
2015-11-26
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Wow! I lived in Lenexa for 10 years (worked at Sprint HQ) and really enjoyed Shawnee Mission park - it was more or less "around the corner," but I never experienced anything like that. I did see lots of deer and other animals.

I'm envious!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-26
Use props
Quadular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14682 ft
United States

Very cool! Thanks for sharing
2015-11-26
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Thanks everyone!  I showed the video to my 5 year old granddaughter and she was like "Papa, is that Santa's deer?" I of course told her no, that Santa's deer were up at the north pole getting all ready for their trip across the world.  Now she wants to go with me next week hiking!
2015-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules