C1 and C2 customizable buttons functions
30041 20 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What are C1 and C2 buttons used for?

C1 and C2 both of them are used for additional functions are located on a back side of remote controller..

Choose Advanced camera settings for quick access to ISO , Shutter and EV settings

Camera Forward/Down will switch camera direction from facing forward to 90︒down .

Gimbal follow/FPV mode. Follow mode (Phantom 3 series only) is the one we usually use for video shooting, supports 3 axis stabilization. FPV mode locks Roll axis stabilization, so pilot can see camera horizontal tilt while turning or going sideways

Toggle map/live view brings the map to the full screen.

Clear flight route function clears the past route line on a map

Battery info shows voltage and capacity left in the battery

11057792_973997562686841_8221258857625953480_o.jpg
What settings to choose depends on pilot’s needs,
but most of the DJI Pilots  prefer Camera forward/down and Toggle map/live view for their RC C1 and C2 buttons.
And what are your settings ?

2015-11-25
Use props
HoboDan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760525 ft
United States

Since I updated my RC to version 1.5.70 today, my C1 button on back of RC no longer works... No sound or anything..
Is this an isolated case, or is anyone having the same problem...
I am using version 1.6.40 for the aircraft and version 2.4.3 for the App...
The C buttons are important to me.. C1 is for camera up/down and C2 is for map/camera view.
2016-1-1
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

I'd like to be able to switch the red LED lights on and off via one of the buttons.  Would be great for night photography.  
2016-1-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mikeon Posted at 2016-1-2 19:46
I'd like to be able to switch the red LED lights on and off via one of the buttons.  Would be great  ...

that would be very convenient, thanks for suggestion! I'll escalate it to our engineers!
2016-1-3
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I do not have the option "Camera forward/Down" to then assign it to C1.  I have the latest RC firmware update.

Where am I going wrong?
2016-1-20
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-3 17:36
that would be very convenient, thanks for suggestion! I'll escalate it to our engineers!

The most frequently used alternate control software platform allows programming of the C1 button for that purpose, to turn the front LED lights of the aircraft on and off.
2017-2-15
Use props
Martin Langan
lvl.1

Netherlands

i have the p3 pro but do not have the option of live map view any one please
2017-12-19
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally love these C buttons, glad I have access with a flip of the switch.
2017-12-19
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Would be nice if C2 could be programmed to change camera from video to stills mode. When I press that icon on the Crystal Sky Ultra too often it caused DJI Go 4 to stop responding.
2018-6-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-2 20:06
Would be nice if C2 could be programmed to change camera from video to stills mode. When I press that icon on the Crystal Sky Ultra too often it caused DJI Go 4 to stop responding.

You can switch from photo to movie mode by just pressing the left hand record button, then press again to stop recording. Not sure if it change to photo mode when pressing the right hand shutter button while not recording and i cant test it out for some time but try and tell.
2018-6-3
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-3 23:48
You can switch from photo to movie mode by just pressing the left hand record button, then press again to stop recording. Not sure if it change to photo mode when pressing the right hand shutter button while not recording and i cant test it out for some time but try and tell.

I was doing it that way for a while, until I discovered it wasn't taking RAW pictures. I got JPEGs when in video mode, instead of RAW images. It is apparently necessary to change camera mode first. I wish C2 could be programmed to do this switch. When I do it from the display, it's laggy and then the app crashes.
2018-6-4
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-4 13:58
I was doing it that way for a while, until I discovered it wasn't taking RAW pictures. I got JPEGs when in video mode, instead of RAW images. It is apparently necessary to change camera mode first. I wish C2 could be programmed to do this switch. When I do it from the display, it's laggy and then the app crashes.

Okay, i wasn't sure if it would change back to photo mode or use the photo settings as long it was not recording at the same time.
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-4 21:57
Okay, i wasn't sure if it would change back to photo mode or use the photo settings as long it was not recording at the same time.

It doesn't change to photo mode. What it does is take a snap shot of the video and save as JPEG. One must explicitly click the camera mode icon above the record button to change to stills mode. Fortunately, switching back to video mode is as simple as hitting the record button on the controller.
2018-6-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use C1 to lock AE and C2 to turn LEDs on/off.
2018-6-5
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-5 08:33
I use C1 to lock AE and C2 to turn LEDs on/off.

I use C1 to toggle gimbal horizon or down 90° and C2 to open camera settings. The default FPV/Follow was getting me into trouble before and ruined some nice footage with gimbal wobble that resulted.
2018-6-5
Use props
fansa97d8f75
New

United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-6-5 08:33
I use C1 to lock AE and C2 to turn LEDs on/off.

I dont have that option on my controller to turn the LED lights on or off,could somebody please help
2018-6-5
Use props
dave.algeogmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448114 ft
Philippines

I know this is the first post in 3.5 years, but this is still the top forum in a google search.

I want to set C1 and C2 to EV- and EV+. I know the 5D castle switch does this but I like to adjust for EV compensation without taking my right thumb off the flight stick.
It looks like the option was there (see above image from OP) but has been removed in more recent updates.

I know this is niche but I do a lot of shots over water where there are about 2 f-stops difference from horizon to downward.

Is it still there and I'm missing it?  is there a work around,? can I get it re-added if enough other people also with they had the option? any response, especially from DJI Team would make me very happy

DJI Smart Controller. DJI Go 4 Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro
2022-1-26
Use props
teamskylab
lvl.1

United States

mikeon Posted at 2016-1-2 03:46
I'd like to be able to switch the red LED lights on and off via one of the buttons.  Would be great for night photography.

This is an old post but I’m a bit confused about the ability to assign adjustments for the lights on the dji mini 3 pro.  I don’t see any options at all in regards to the lights anywhere in the menu.  Whereas the DJI FPV units I own have all sorts of different options to assign.  One would think the mini 3 pro ought to be superior or at least the equivalent in regards to customization of simple settings like that.  Thoughts?
2-11 17:29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

teamskylab Posted at 2-11 17:29
This is an old post but I’m a bit confused about the ability to assign adjustments for the lights on the dji mini 3 pro.  I don’t see any options at all in regards to the lights anywhere in the menu.  Whereas the DJI FPV units I own have all sorts of different options to assign.  One would think the mini 3 pro ought to be superior or at least the equivalent in regards to customization of simple settings like that.  Thoughts?

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. May we confirm what specific function/feature you wish to see under the customizable button for the DJI Mini 3 Pro? I hope to hear from you soon.
2-13 01:57
Use props
djiuser_uWAIMeGXORUl
New

Greece

It would be nice if you could program the C1/C2 to start and stop live streaming!
2-15 23:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_uWAIMeGXORUl Posted at 2-15 23:00
It would be nice if you could program the C1/C2 to start and stop live streaming!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Please keep us posted.
2-16 02:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules