Motor not stable
945 4 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

Hello Everyone,

I have a brand new V3 Phantom 2 Vision Plus with issues.  One motor seems to be running intermittent.  It stops for a split second every so often.  One can see the prop stand still.  Also, the LEDs are not blinking in pairs, both the 2 front ones, and the rear ones at times!  There maybe just one red one on, and then when you increase the throttle a little, both with turn on, but perhaps not stay on.  The rear LEDs may not be both on at the same time either...

Any idea what may be the issue?  The Phantom, with this issue, it too unstable to try and let it get off the ground.

Thanks,

John
2014-12-25
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

ESC failure
2014-12-26
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

I was told by the store I bought it at that this is normal.  After spooling up the rotors to fly the quad, everything will then be OK.  I do notice the LEDs getting in proper sequence, and the motors all seem to moving at the same speed.  It would help if DJI would have some sought of motor calibration routine, so that they all run at the same speed at idle.  The one motor or ESC seems like it is out of balance with the other 3...
2014-12-26
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, John,
The motor and ESC calibration is done by the manufacturer and not available in the software.
For the ot\ut of sync issue, could your upload a video for more information?
2014-12-26
Use props
jtrager
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the reply.  I just determined that the person in the store wasn't correct.  The rear right motor doesn't have the same speeds to lift the Phantom off the ground correctly.  The motor makes a clicking sound at times, and the prop completely stops for a split second.  It always just tilts over (when I increase throttle), and doesn't get in the air at all!  Something is wrong with the Phantom, I wonder if DJI forgot to calibrate this one at all!  I will call the store back...
2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules