Broken gimbal fan
1296 4 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonesuki
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1395669 ft
Hong Kong

I found the gimbal got hot after flight recently. But there is nothing wrong with the flight and recordings so I ignore it.
Today, after upgrading firmware, I try to take out my SD card and found the gimbal was very hot (just like touching the heat sink of a working computer). I realize there is something wrong.

I found the gimbal was not spinning at all. I took a detailed look and found one of the blade of the fan is missing! And another one is off its normal position and got stuck. That's why the fan was not spinning.

image.jpeg

The loose blade was removed and now the fan is spinning as normal. The temperature can now be described as warm.

I just wrote to DJI support and awaiting for their reply.

So, if you find the gimbal is getting very hot, it may worth checking if the fan is working.
2015-11-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I would expect a shorter life from that fan now.  With a blade missing, it will be out of balance, causing vibration that the bearing or bushing must take the brunt of.  I would give strong thought to removing the same amount of a blade from the exact opposite side of the fan so that it will at least be balanced.
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Jone
Sorry about that ! Have you took a flight with that aircraft now ? Is there anything wrong about the video ?
2015-11-26
Use props
jonesuki
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1395669 ft
Hong Kong

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-27 10:59
Hi ,Jone
Sorry about that ! Have you took a flight with that aircraft now ? Is there anything wrong  ...

Hi Patrick,

I took a few flights today. There was nothing wrong with the video recorded. Gimbal status reported as normal at startup. I touched the gimbal after each flight and it felt cool to warm.
2015-11-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

jonesuki Posted at 2015-11-28 00:34
Hi Patrick,

I took a few flights today. There was nothing wrong with the video recorded. Gimbal s ...

Hi , Jone
Please come to your dealer and see if they can fix this . You can take the warranty policy as reference: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-period?www=v1
2015-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules