3245 28 2015-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I followed the instructions Sploodge left on the forum andmy P3P is now a brick.  Steps I took;

• Downloaded the 1.5.0030 fw     update, loaded it onto my sd card and it went through the full sequence on     the P3P.  It did the right     beeps.  Got the greenlight on the     gimbal then shut down the P3P.  Read     the log file and it says results were a success.  Updated the RC unit.  It completed properly.  Restarted P3P and RC unit and went in to     calibrate the IMU.  Yes, it was     warm, but thought I would try.      There is zero data in any of the IMU boxes.  Nada, nothing, and of course I can go no     further.  Deleted the 1.5 fw bin     files and text files from the sd card and I down revved the fw to version     1.4.  Same result; there is no IMU     information in the sensors tab with version 1.4.
  • So I deleted the fw 1.4     files from the sd card and installed the fw 1.5 files again.  Started the update.  Proper beeps all through it and then     beeps changed and green light lights up.      Powered it down then restarted the craft.
  • Ironically, the craft     warmed up and the green lights are now blinking properly.  The middle tab at the top says “Aircraft     warming up” but the green lights are blinking properly.
  • And the battery display is     whacked out now.  It says voltage     .80 v even though it was fully charged when this started.  And says it has been charged 17022     times.  Yay battery life!  Swapped in a different battery and it     shows the same result.
  • The display says “Firmware     version is the latest.”  The compass     has a Question mark in a yellow circle.      I am screwed right now.
  • The green lights are still     blinking.  If it wasn’t night I would     be tempted to start it.  Oh, and the     battery now says 100% battery life but all cells show 3.50v.  fml.
  • I have a 2nd     P3P but don’t want to risk it by trying to “upgrade it.”
  • Help!

Anyone know what is up?

2015-11-27
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hermosa,

Sometimes it pays to step back and let things settle down.  I am sure you have done it already.  Shut down the P3, RC and your tablet (phone) for an hour or so and then start everything up in the proper order so the links can be established again.  It sounds like the links are properly established already, but what they are transmitting is problematic.  See if this new start works.  It may sound like magic but this approach has worked for me more than once.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-27
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cetaman i've already done that several times, let it cool down completely.  nada.
2015-11-27
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I deleted the Go App from my Samsung and re-installed it.  This time when i went in to calibrate the IMU the numbers are there and i started the calibration.  Will update once I complete all checks and can do some safety flights to ensure it all works right.
2015-11-28
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I hope your P3P is updated as expected and function correctly. I was scared to read that the Phantom can be bricked because of official software update. Looking forward to hear from you good news about your P3P
2015-11-28
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

todor, it works fine on the desk.  the imu calibrated.  will try to fly today or tomorrow just to test it out.   I am using a Samsung S4, it has the latest os but it is older.  but the clean install worked for the app, so fingers crossed.
2015-11-28
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i took it for a test flight and it flies well.  However, it does not record video.  i have tried a 32gb and a 64 gb card and nada.  pictures are fine but no video.  stay tuned.  
2015-11-28
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

so the video recorded on my phone but not on the sd card.  strange.  
2015-11-29
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-11-29 18:42
so the video recorded on my phone but not on the sd card.  strange.

Are you trying to explain that the camera is working in both photo and video modes, but the files are not stored on your micro SD card? As you've  pointed the video feed is recorded on your mobile device and you already captured some photos which are already stored on the sd storage.
Just a suggestion: Could you please just try to switch your SD card with another one and ensure that it is formatted into your Phantom using the DJI Go app, also they have to meet the requirement of write speed: Class 10 or UHS-1

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Todor
Edit: also please check your video settings about PAL/NTSC video format. I am pretty sure the problem is somewhere in the settings of your new fw or iit's storage issue, as you are able to capture stills
2015-11-29
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

todor; already did all that but did so once but tried it again with my sixth sd card, the one that came with the p3p.  all are class 10.  same result; pics are there and download to the computer.  pics and video are on the phone but not on the sd card.  wonder if it's a samsung problem?  planning to get a new iphone 6s anyway maybe this is the thing that pushes me over the edge.
2015-11-29
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I too have a black screen from my live view and pictures/video also come out black.  Everything was just fine before the update.  I have tried from my iPhone and iPad, different cable, rebooted everything but the result is the same, black screen.  The DJI Go app says I have 2.4.2 on the apple devices 1.5.30 on the aircraft and 1.5.70 on the RC.  I downgraded to 1.04.0010 (that I conveniently had in my downloads folder) but on the old firmware the camera is black.  Upgraded back to 1.5.30 and camera is still black.
2015-11-29
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>

i am now flying my backup p3p an hoping i can figure this out.  i bought an iphone 6s and ipad air2 and will be trying them out soon to see if that helps.  i will downgrade the fw if not to 1.4 and hope that helps.
2015-12-2
Use props
gplante
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214006 ft

Canada

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-12-3 03:31
i am now flying my backup p3p an hoping i can figure this out.  i bought an iphone 6s and ipad air2  ...

I have the exact same problem. After upgraded the firmware to 1.5.0030 on my p3 advanced, I cannot record video anymore, the voltage indicates 0 on screen even if my battery is fully charged, in fact it looks that the ipad mini is not able to retrieve info from the aircratf. What is strange is that I can start the aircratf and fly it.

What's wrong with this firmware ?

Please, help!!!

2015-12-5
Use props
gplante
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214006 ft

Canada

gplante Posted at 2015-12-6 01:49
I have the exact same problem. After upgraded the firmware to 1.5.0030 on my p3 advanced, I cannot ...

Finally, I uninstalled the DJI GO app then reinstalled it and problem went away.
Very strange....

2015-12-5
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My P3P is still bricked.  It shoots great pictures but no video.  And no response from DJI personnel.  I was on hold for too long with Tech Support and had to get back to work.  Very frustrating.
2015-12-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gplante, what phone/tablet do you have?  I bought a new iphone 6s and ipad air2 and it still won't record video.  i was originally on the samsung s4.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-12-14 11:07
gplante, what phone/tablet do you have?  I bought a new iphone 6s and ipad air2 and it still won't r ...

Hi ,
Please confirm the App version is 2.4.2 for IOS . Does that happen to both of your drones ?
2015-12-16
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

where do we find he app version number?
2015-12-17
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-12-17 20:47
where do we find he app version number?

Here you go:

image.png
image.png
2015-12-17
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thanks, jtrjr.  i found it in the app store too.  i do have version 2.4.2 on th eiphone and ipad.

DJI-Patrick, can oyu post instructions to roll back the firmware to 1.4?  I have an older P3P and the video still does not record on the card.  i've tried six cards.  they work on my newer bird with fw 1.4 so pretty sure they work.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can download the DAT files to Dropbox, I can have them read on Monday and see what the deal is.
2015-12-18
Use props
RC Noob
lvl.2

United States

There are 2 quirks with the 1.5 upgrade -

The camera part fails, then the upgrade itself shows as failed...

The SD card format / acceptance by the craft is much more trial and error than previous FW versions.

I went thru a crazy time on both my birds with these issues - until -

I used the service bin file to reset the FW
Then installed 1.4, then 1.5

That was the only sequence that worked for me.  Formatting is still a little temperamental - on 1.5 seems to work better with low capacity cards.
2015-12-19
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So... two weeks ago DJI gave me an RMA for the bird and I shipped her back to them.  I received it back today which seemed fast.  They did not fix the problem.  I tried it out of the box and still no video on the SD card.  updated the firmware to 1.6, still no video on the SD card.  pictures are fine and beautiful but no video.  downgraded the fw to 1.5 as DJI-Ken suggested, same result.  back to fw 1.6 and multiple cards, all of them formatted in the P3P, still no video.  Thankfully my second bird is still on a usable version of 1.4 and takes good picks and video.  WTF DJI?
2016-1-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The difference between still pictures and video as far as the SD card is concerned is an issue of writing speed. Stills are saved quite easily, but continuous video requires a card to be able to write fast enough. You might try the card that works OK in your other Phantom, if it records video in the other aircraft swap it to the newer aircraft and see if it records. Also, issues with SD cards are often solved by formatting them, so try formatting the card in the aircraft via the app and see if that helps.
2016-1-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

HermosaDrones Posted at 2016-1-8 06:27
So... two weeks ago DJI gave me an RMA for the bird and I shipped her back to them.  I received it b ...

Please kindly give me your RMA number so I can check your issue .
2016-1-7
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick.  The new ticket is #243169.  I submitted it 7 days ago and nothing has happened, other than it says it is processing.  This is a drone I shipped to DJI, it was not repaired, but you shipped it back to me.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2016-1-15 03:29
DJI-Patrick.  The new ticket is #243169.  I submitted it 7 days ago and nothing has happened, other  ...

I do not know what happened with your repair and why the video issue was not fixed.
I see they just sent you a shipping label to send it in.
I'm sorry something happened and it was not repaired correctly the first time.
I will look further into it.
2016-1-14
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken.  It is now at the repair facility.  Yup, the third time.  It was not fixed on either of the first two trips so my confidence in DJI is very low.  This level of support sucks.  The P3 Professional is a great bird when it flies.  But when you brick a unit you do it badly.  
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules