gimbal not centered to craft
3930 13 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

I just bought the new Pantom 2 vision+ 3.0 and havent crashed yet. I only have two flights under my belt.
I noticed that the camera is pointing off center maybe 2-3 degrees. I watched the videos about adjusting the horizontal with the keyed shaft after removing the three screws. but that isn't my issue. I calibrated the controller and still have the issue. When the unit is on and I move the left joystic I can get the camera to center but after I return the stick to neutral the camera returns to slightly off center. Its actually pointing a little to the left instead of straight forward.  

Is there a way to adjust the left right movement?
I wonder if I did something wrong. I did power it up with the gimbal clamp on ....oops
2014-12-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Could you pls take a photo of your gimble?
2014-12-26
Use props
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

Here is a photo in which the red line would be pointing straight out from the craft and the blue is the line of site of the camera

I have calibrated the controller both with the RC and the PT2 software.

the camera does move with the left and right input of the joystick but returns a little off center say 2-3 degrees
2014-12-26
Use props
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

I have seen issues on line with the bottom arm in which they pull the three screws off and re-clock the shaft that has a key. I was wondering if this allen can be loosened and be able to re-clock the arm on the vertical shaft coming off the mount. Would love to hear from anyone that has done this.

2014-12-28
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

c7fxgm@gmail.co Posted at 2014-12-29 06:37
I have seen issues on line with the bottom arm in which they pull the three screws off and re-clock  ...

Could your RC possibly do gimble control?
If could, try to calibrate the RC in Assistant.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-29 16:16
Could your RC possibly do gimble control?
If could, try to calibrate the RC in Assistant.

He has already calibrated the remote controller he said in his first post.
2014-12-29
Use props
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

yes I have done the advanced calibration.
Here is a video showing someone re clocking the bottom shaft. I'm wondering if the upper shaft can be moved like this. I'm willing to try but right now would like to know if someone else has done this before I break it. I can live with the gimbal being off a couple degrees but I get the leg of the phantom in my shots.

2014-12-29
Use props
Fixu86
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi c7fxgm,
Since I've crashed my phantom I do have the same issue like you. Any ideas how to fix it would be great
2014-12-29
Use props
c7fxgm
lvl.1

United States

nope not yet
2014-12-30
Use props
dannydeutsch
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on this?
2016-5-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Try phantomhelp.com, select your model and see if there is a fix disclosed there...
2016-5-15
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

c7fxgm@gmail.co Posted at 2014-12-29 15:02
yes I have done the advanced calibration.
Here is a video showing someone re clocking the bottom sh ...

Hi there, I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 vision plus, and I followed the instructions on that video and it worked well. I also purchased the cable protectors shown in the video too, and there is also a metal backing plate you can attach via the three screws on the back of the gimbal and it stops the gimbal falling apart on any hard landings or impacts. I am pushed for time at the moment but I can send images later if you want.

Regards  Ian
2016-5-23
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-23 17:12
Hi there, I had the same problem with my Phantom 2 vision plus, and I followed the instructions on ...

Hi again, here are the images I promised showing the plastic guards and the metal clamp/guard.  I hope these images make sense.

Regards  Ian.

Gimbal.Sside.jpeg

2016-5-23
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RE: gimbal not centered to craft

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2016-5-23 23:48
Hi again, here are the images I promised showing the plastic guards and the metal clamp/guard.  I  ...

Hi, yet more images.

Regards  Ian.   

Port Side

Port Side
Gimbal.Port.jpeg
Gimbal.01.jpg
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules