Odd Sound When Rotors Not Running
891 3 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

Got my P2V today and love it.  Worked very well out of the box once I figured out to use the Windows driver on the site but pretty flawless after that.  

I'm having one problem (well maybe not a problem but want to ask to make sure there is not something wrong with my aircraft) that i was hoping others might have experienced or read about.  

When I first turn it on (when the lights are flashing and it is attempting to sync with satellites and normal warmup stuff), it makes this high pitched whining sound (that actually changes in pitch in very odd ways).  it almost sounds like (not exactly but best i can describe) old baud modems used to when connecting.  It pretty much makes this noise ANY time that the craft is powered up and sitting idle without the props moving.  i suppose it could also be happening when the props are moving but it isnt loud enough to hear when actually operating.

anyone know if this is normal?  i dont want to have a defect that could cause me to crash or abruptly experience problems when it was somehting i maybe should have asked about either here or with dji support.

thanks in advance for any feedback, im really loving this thing.  
2014-12-25
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Is it coming from the craft or from the gimbal/camera unit? If the latter, than it's normal. That is to say, I hear a bit of a whine from there too, intermittent at times, although perhaps not quite as loud as you're describing it.
2014-12-26
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Mine does that, but it seems to be normal.  I haven't had any problems.
2014-12-26
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

ive listened closely and it honestly sounds like it is coming from the camera/gimbal area not the craft.  very odd noise but i guess if the camera failed it wouldnt be some sort of catastrophe, i was just worried that my craft could malfunction suddenly.  glad to know it isnt just me.  this thing totally rocks.  thanks to both of you for the responses, i appreciate your time.
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules