Traveling with original Inspire 1 Pro Case?
1543 6 2015-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coasteraddict
lvl.1
United States

I recently picked up the new Inspire 1 Pro X5 along with an Osmo. The case that it came in appears to be okay for traveling on planes (CARRY ON) but not potentially suitable to have checked in. Currently, I have 3 TB48 batteries in the case along with the TB47 and second remote. However, it seems that this case would not be suitable to carry on an airplane. Have you had any experience flying with it? I'd hate to be forced to check this case in and have it damaged, and this case seems to bulky for most plane's overhead compartments, etc.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
2015-11-28
Use props
tritripod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 857687 ft
New Zealand

I pulled the foam out of my original case, roughed up the inside a bit then layed up two layers of 650 gram double bias fibreglass into each half then put the foam back in. Stiffened it up heaps, I have flown numerous times on check baggage on international flights with no issues.
2015-11-29
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

It will depend which airlines you use as different aircraft have different size overhead lockers.  If you want to travel on aircraft get a Peli case and check the aircraft into the hold then just take your batteries with you as part of your carry on luggage.  Also get some charging bags to carry them in if taking as hand luggage.  This will give added level of safety

Use these bags or similar.
http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:liposafety
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

tritripod Posted at 2015-11-29 00:33
I pulled the foam out of my original case, roughed up the inside a bit then layed up two layers of 6 ...

That is a great idea!!!

Dave
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

tritripod Posted at 2015-11-29 16:33
I pulled the foam out of my original case, roughed up the inside a bit then layed up two layers of 6 ...

smart  and simple
2015-11-29
Use props
coasteraddict
lvl.1
United States

I've thought about getting a protective case that is suitable for checking in the craft too. My two many concerns would be theft and durability!
2015-12-2
Use props
Inspired68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129829 ft
  • >>>
United States

tritripod Posted at 2015-11-29 03:33

Can you provide a picture of thi? I'd like to try it myself.
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules