1067 3 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Are there country specific models ?

I bought my Phantom 3 Advanced from Amazon (UK) from a reseller (not Amazon themselves.....had a bit of nightmare buying one of their 'Warehouse' items and it had bits missing and looked like it'd been crashed etc) and its come with extensive Chinese (?) writing - all manuals in box Chinese etc. The Amazon Warehouse one I bought and returned had (EU) where my current one has (CN) ? I'm assuming (CN) is China ?

Will I have any difficulties using a CN version over a EU version (I'm in the UK)? (I've updated the firmware ok - so I assume not)
I also assume the setting in the app referencing China Mainland GPS is just that - for when using on China mainland ?

I think I've read that the range is different for some models and NOT just across Phantom 2 and 3 etc ? ie is the range reduced for the P3 Advanced in some markets to meet local requirements perhaps ?

BoxOuter

BoxOuter
2015-11-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have seen this may times with some on-line dealers, they seem to get China designated stock ( probably import them in bulk cheaper for a bigger profit? ). The CE and FCC range thing is set based on GPS I believe so the country of designation is not an issue ( apart from Japanese versions, I believe they are different ).

The warranty is international so that is also not an issue.

The option for mainland china needs to be OFF in the app.

So it's not really an issue per say and its your choice to keep it or not. What I would be peeved about is a dealer selling CN designated ones without letting the customer know .
2015-11-29
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-11-29 11:20
I have seen this may times with some on-line dealers, they seem to get China designated stock ( prob ...

Cheers sploodge - I'll try the vendor but good to hear that I shouldnt have any issues.
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
I've heard about lots of chinese taking their Phantoms to fly in other countries with no problems . I believe there's no problem about that . Or you can contact that reseller to see if it can be replaced .
2015-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules