Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Static sound from mic input with Rode video mic go
12Next >
23709 50 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucuias.x
lvl.1

Malaysia

The osmo build in mic has been bad enough.I try to improve the sound quality by plug in the Rode video mic go into the mic input but I end up getting the unpleasant static sound.Does anyone face this issue? Does the Osmo only capable to input mono mic?
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, only mono mic supported. Can you upload some video demo of the external MIC? I've seen many people in this forum and Facebook using external MIC and the sound is quite good. http://forum.dji.com/thread-36161-1-1.html
2015-11-30
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 04:07
Yes, only mono mic supported. Can you upload some video demo of the external MIC? I've seen many peo ...

Amy, I activated my new OSMO yesterday and when I did I received a request "OSMO wants to access your Microphone" Is that the Mic in the iPhone or the OSMO?
Thanks you?
2015-12-10
Use props
Drew Vallejo
lvl.4
United States

Just a guess but I believe that the OSMO may have trouble with the Rode Videomic Go trying to pull phantom power to operate. I personally use the Rode Videomic that uses it's own battery and the sound quality is pretty good.
2015-12-10
Use props
andy.redfern07
New

United Kingdom

I've been trying to use the rode videomic go with my osmo also, have run into an issue where the osmo seems to be recording audio from both the internal and external mic simultaneously? Is there a way to solve this?
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2015-12-10 23:41
Amy, I activated my new OSMO yesterday and when I did I received a request "OSMO wants to access y ...

It's the iPhone. Since the radio source of library videos is from the mobile device, and the radio source of original files in SD card is from the Osmo.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

andy.redfern07 Posted at 2015-12-11 04:06
I've been trying to use the rode videomic go with my osmo also, have run into an issue where the osm ...

The internal and external mic won't be work simultaneously. Could you send me the original files recorded by your external mic?
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, any progress about the static sound recorded by your mic. I would like to remind you since you've not uploaded the original files.
2015-12-10
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 22:24
It's the iPhone. Since the radio source of library videos is from the mobile device, and the radio ...

Thank you Amy
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

You're welcome.
2015-12-13
Use props
lucuias.x
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi @DJI-Amy,

Sorry for the late respond,I was so busy on pass few weeks.Here are the sample file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xq0zzr0azt6rm8/DJI_0176.rar?dl=0

2016-1-27
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

The same problem happens in my Osmo with the microphone Rode Videomic Go. It is not the sound of the fan. It seems to be interference.
2016-2-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I found the problem. The noise is caused by WiFi connection. When recording without connecting the Osmo wifi not hear noise at the very moment that connect start listening.
2016-2-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I found out what causes the noise was the wifi on.

I remembered that was setting the frequency of wifi. I switched to 5.8Ghz solved my problem! No more interference now.

PS: DJI, I'm uploading to the dropbox file with noise.
2016-2-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Osmo with the microphone Rode Videomic Go and One Plus One phone.

Wifi = 2,4ghz

1080p/60

Mic Gain = 30

00:00:00 - wifi connection off (No noise, just the sound of the fan)
00:52:34 - wifi connection on
01:42:45 - wifi connection off (No noise, just the sound of the fan)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mup5hg0bmm3tmxs/DJI_0646.MP4?dl=0
2016-2-4
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.3
Indonesia

@ Drone Cuiabá So if you set your Wifi setting to 5.8Ghz, is the static sound gone?
2016-2-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-2-5 15:59
@ Drone Cuiabá So if you set your Wifi setting to 5.8Ghz, is the static sound gone?

Yes. No more static sound
2016-2-5
Use props
EXPO
lvl.1

United States

thanks for this tip
2016-2-7
Use props
johndmackay3
New

United States

Hey Guys, sorry but Im a noob.  Where would you change the frequency?  Is it in the option on my phone for wifi?  is it in the app itself?  Just a little lost. Any help would be appreciated..
2016-2-8
Use props
johndmackay3
New

United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-2-5 11:44
Yes. No more static sound

Hey Drone Cuiaba,
I got the Rode Go mic.. How do you change the wifi frequency to get rid of the static?  Is the option in the app or on the phone itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2016-2-9
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
First Officer
  • >>>

johndmackay3 Posted at 2016-2-10 06:09
Hey Drone Cuiaba,
I got the Rode Go mic.. How do you change the wifi frequency to get rid of the s ...

Hey johndmackay3!

This setting is in the DJI app. I'm with Osmo now to tell you exactly where this option.

Demand for wifi settings. You will change 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz. After that restart Osmo, reconnect and open the App.
2016-2-11
Use props
johndmackay3
New

United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-2-11 15:44
Hey johndmackay3!

This setting is in the DJI app. I'm with Osmo now to tell you exactly where thi ...

perfect!  Thank you!
2016-2-20
Use props
lucuias.x
lvl.1

Malaysia

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-2-12 04:44
Hey johndmackay3!

This setting is in the DJI app. I'm with Osmo now to tell you exactly where thi ...

Gosh,the static is from the interference .how could that be???
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

lucuias.x Posted at 2016-3-1 17:47
Gosh,the static is from the interference .how could that be???

At low frequencies (longwave or mediumwave) and at high frequencies (shortwave), interference caused by lightning or by nearby electrical impulses in electrical switches, motors, vehicle ignition circuits, computers, and other man-made sources tends to swamp transmissions with thermal noise. These noises are often referred to as static.
2016-3-1
Use props
joeyrocketfilms
lvl.1

United States

This wifi change didn't work for me, my static actually got louder. Fan on mute, I'm using a Rode Videomic go and a little polar pro I use for my gopro. I stepped away from computer and went outside. I got lots of static with my tests.  Test three, stock mic sucked and I got a bit of static, I put the osmo to sleep and changed to the little polar pro still had static, put it to sleep again and tried my rode and it was good most of the recorded clip but still had some very noticeable static.  Not sure what to do other than trying another mic.  
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joeyrocketfilms Posted at 2016-3-31 10:38
This wifi change didn't work for me, my static actually got louder. Fan on mute, I'm using a Rode Vi ...

Nowadays, we are almost surrounded  by all kinds of waves, it seems to be unavoidable to have the signal interference. The audio performance also depends on the quality of the Mic used and the environment.
2016-3-30
Use props
Joey Rocket Fil
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-30 21:00
Nowadays, we are almost surrounded  by all kinds of waves, it seems to be unavoidable to have the  ...

I hear you but I never get static when these mics are plugged into my DSLR. I need reliable audio without major extra audio equipment. I'm a one man video team and I need to be able to accomplish my tasks. Hoping I can figure this out.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Joey Rocket Fil Posted at 2016-4-1 03:22
I hear you but I never get static when these mics are plugged into my DSLR. I need reliable audio  ...

Good luck to you!
Our engineer will try to improve the quality of audio of the Osmo in the future.
Do you have any suggestion?
We would like to hear from you. Thanks!
2016-3-31
Use props
JoeyRocketFilms
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-31 20:38
Good luck to you!
Our engineer will try to improve the quality of audio of the Osmo in the future. ...

Thanks Adela! Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions just hope for solutions. Do you happen to have a list of recommended mic's that are compatible?
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

JoeyRocketFilms Posted at 2016-4-13 03:32
Thanks Adela! Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions just hope for solutions. Do you happen t ...

It's OK!
Yes, for DJI Osmo, we would recommend following Microphones for a better user experience:
Microphones (Confirmed):        
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2016-4-12
Use props
chuck
New

United States

I received a Rode Videomic Go with a package deal with a new camera body I purchased and thought i would give it a try on my second Osmo unit.  Our primary mic setup  for our other Osmo is the Azden WHD-PRO Wireless/Shotgun Microphone Audio Kit.  When I first test the Rode mic, I had horrible crackling noises, but I followed the advice listed above and changed the WiFi settings and it works Perfect, no crackling noise.  It will be a nice mic for our secondary Osmo.

Also, if you have not tested the Azden Shotgun and wireless pack kit, it should be on the recommended list as the audio is fantastic and we shoot a lot of work with this product.  
2016-4-18
Use props
CorruptID

I noticed the crackling noise when viewing through the wifi, but later on my PC the audio was clean.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

chuck@usuavacad Posted at 2016-4-19 02:14
I received a Rode Videomic Go with a package deal with a new camera body I purchased and thought i w ...

Good news! Thanks!
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

CorruptID Posted at 2016-4-19 02:24
I noticed the crackling noise when viewing through the wifi, but later on my PC the audio was clean.

Yes, if you encounter some static noise in audio, please take the WiFi interference into consideration, and you can try to change from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz to have a test.
Thanks for your feedback!
2016-4-18
Use props
la2a
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tried a Rode VideoMic Go and have the exact same problem.

Audio interference noise.

So many problems with the Osmo Audio. Such a pity the device is great otherwise.
2016-4-30
Use props
ProDroneUk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not only are the mics awful but they all lose footage too....read herehttp://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=50906&mobile=2
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ProDroneUk Posted at 2016-5-2 09:02
Not only are the mics awful but they all lose footage too....read herehttp://forum.dji.com/forum.php ...

Hi,
Please understand that it technically depends on the file system of the SD card. Along with the development of IT, I hope we can solve the issue in the future.
2016-5-2
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-1 12:40
At low frequencies (longwave or mediumwave) and at high frequencies (shortwave), interference caus ...

That statement says that DJI products are not tested or screened for EMC in my mind?

I have this problem with my Osmo, it ruined my wedding day video for which the Osmo was originally purchased, I'd read about the terrible audio from the standard mic and introduced a Rode Video Micro..

Why should we not be able to use 2.4Ghz? Some phones / tablets don't support 5Ghz... Come on DJI, a frequency switch is a lame get-out.
Listen from 4:00 in on a Pipe Band I recorded yesterday, the video is medium bitrate so not sparkling.

2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-4 03:19
That statement says that DJI products are not tested or screened for EMC in my mind?

I have this  ...

Thanks for the video!
Since most of devices use 2.4GHz which means lots of WiFi signal, that's why we recommend selecting a mobile device which supports 5.8GHz.
To get a better using experience, the higher configuration of the Combo, the better quality the footage would be.

Please compare the original files in the SD card to the videos in your mobile device. Usually, the original files would not be a big problem.

We'll try to improve the quality in the future as much as we can.
2016-5-3
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 07:29
Thanks for the video!
Since most of devices use 2.4GHz which means lots of WiFi signal, that's why  ...

Hi Adela.

Thanks for the reply, so DJI are selling a product that cannot be used over 2.4Ghz? The area this video was  shot in had one wi-fi connection and was remote on the north east coast of Scotland.  I'd hardly call that an area for cross - channel intermodulation and interference.

Why should people have to buy a product that has 5.8Ghz to use the Osmo? If there is a fault ( and by the sound of it there is...)  shouldn't DJI be looking to repair this and keep existing customers happy rather than rush out products that are buggy?

Please address my original question, if there is interference being picked up by Osmo on 2.4Ghz, that shows poor immunity and therefore lack of EMC. How will DJI rectify this please?

Many thanks.
2016-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules