Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Static sound from mic input with Rode video mic go
23710 50 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-4 16:43
Hi Adela.

Thanks for the reply, so DJI are selling a product that cannot be used over 2.4Ghz? The ...

Hi,
I mean, surely our Osmo supports 2.4GHz, it also supports 5.8GHz.
To avoid the tremendous signal interference, 5.8GHz would be a better choice since less people use that frequency in our daily life compared to 2.4GHz.

The "fault" is just the signal interference which is a fact in our world.
To get a better quality of audio, we would also recommend some compatible Mic in our official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs

As for the EMC test, please be noticed that DJI OSMO has got the FCC&IC certification, please refer to below label in the packaging of the Osmo: OSMO FCC&IC.jpg
2016-5-4
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 11:26
Hi,
I mean, surely our Osmo supports 2.4GHz, it also supports 5.8GHz.
To avoid the tremendous sig ...

But the line two (This device must accept etc...) is being contravened. Several forum members / Osmo owners are saying they are receiving interference in the 2.4Ghz band. An Osmo cannot reject interference on this frequency / band.

The pipe band video was shot at the mouth of the River Spey in north Scotland, this is a remote place with  very few wi-fi or 2.4Ghz transmissions. Why should we have to put up with a DJI Osmo picking up interference and limiting its usage?
2016-5-5
Use props
Moshe.mmm
First Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

terrierist Posted at 2016-5-5 13:17
But the line two (This device must accept etc...) is being contravened. Several forum members / Os ...

Hello friend,
What helped me so far with the interference on the mic is to set the fliker frequency to 60 and not to auto or 50.

Try for yourself and see if it helps.
On wireless receiver I didn't have any problems so it has to be the rode mic and it's sensitivity to something from the osmo.
2016-5-8
Use props
efroggy
lvl.1

I like to comment the sound problem of the video included in this thread.
I looked at the video several times and for my feeling the "dropouts" occur at the same time as the wind is stronger. You can see it on the moving grass and leaves. I think it correlates. Did you have the hairy wind suppression on the mice?
I don't belief on interference from the Wi-Fi frequency which would repeat in regular Intervalls and will be a kind of hum and not dropouts like in the video.
2016-5-8
Use props
terrierist
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-5-8 11:32
Hello friend,
What helped me so far with the interference on the mic is to set the fliker frequenc ...

Thanks Moshe, will give that a go, appreciate your trouble
2016-5-9
Use props
volfeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 408583 ft
Poland

Hello, I have the same problem with DJI OSMO and Rode VideoMic GO and I don't have phone with 5 GHz Is any solution for it? Maybe can I move away the mic from phone? Anyone test it?
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

volfeer Posted at 2016-5-21 04:27
Hello, I have the same problem with DJI OSMO and Rode VideoMic GO and I don't have phone with 5 GHz  ...

Hello.
If you're concerning about the static signal WiFi interference. There's another way that may work for you.
In the latest Osmo firmware v1.6.2.10, the Osmo WiFi can be turned off anytime you want. So, you can just turn off the Osmo WiFi to avoid the WiFi interference while recording the audio.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-5-22
Use props
volfeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 408583 ft
Poland

Ok, but I need Wifi to control my OSMO.
2016-5-24
Use props
ChadP56
New
United States

I've treid the 5G fix. I still have static, thought it seems to come and go.  How can we control the Osmo if we turn off the wifi? How do we even turn off the wifi while in use?
2017-7-5
Use props
subjectproperty
lvl.1
United States

Funny.  I thought I was having the same problem.  When viewing the videos on my iPhone, I get the same nasty crackling sound. Seems to be connected with wind because when in my garage, no problem.  Going outside and walking the crackling begins.  Someone stated that when they view the files on their computer, there is no cracklling.  So I gave that a try and NO CRACKLING on any of the test footage.  That is at either frequency.  I will post further if that changes.  
2017-9-11
Use props
subjectproperty
lvl.1
United States

efroggy Posted at 2016-5-8 09:23
I like to comment the sound problem of the video included in this thread.
I looked at the video several times and for my feeling the "dropouts" occur at the same time as the wind is stronger. You can see it on the moving grass and leaves. I think it correlates. Did you have the hairy wind suppression on the mice?
I don't belief on interference from the Wi-Fi frequency which would repeat in regular Intervalls and will be a kind of hum and not dropouts like in the video.

In my testing, you are 100% correct.  When viewing photos from OSMO on my phone, the crackling occurred outside only. I took card out of OSMO, put in computer.  Wherever there was crackling on iPhone was the normal heavy wind sound.  Further I put on my "dead cat" wind noise suppressor and that solved all noise problems.  I have a Rode Video Micro and the sound is great now.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules