Updated to v1.5 and vibration in aircraft
1560 11 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
murad.email
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi

Ive hopefully done some due diligiance and searched the forum - perhaps now well.

However Im on another forum for phantoms - and have the same problem as some others

I have a two week old p3p.
I have recently updated all software to 1.5 and have noticed a vibration in the aircraft - noticeable when hovering before landing.
Thats my personal experiece but others have seen it in general when hovering.
It looks quite bad - and its repeatable.

I have a 2 week old aircraft - and not done much flying on it.
Ive checked for stress factures - of which id be surprised off having such a young aircraft.
I changed to spare set of propellers and made sure all the calibration was done for compass and even IMU.

The same checks have been done by others and still the same problem is affecting some others.
Its weird as others have no problems.

Theories abound to stress cracks but many of us dont have any.
the update has changed the ESC controller idle speed.

Im not expert so just passing that on...
I did not have this problem until after the update.

M

2015-11-30
Use props
murad.email
lvl.1

Denmark

my apologies i seemed to have posted twice
2015-11-30
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I was the only one with this issue!!! It vibrates when hovering in the new 1.5 firmware. Just a little though.
2015-11-30
Use props
MoonShadow
lvl.1

Norway

classicalle@gma Posted at 2015-11-30 14:00
I thought I was the only one with this issue!!! It vibrates when hovering in the new 1.5 firmware. J ...

Is it the same oscillattion/vibration as described here: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/major-vibrations-p3p.59954/

2015-11-30
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did another IMU calibration, it vibrated a little, and then it was gone. I don't see it vibrating any more.
2015-11-30
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Hi Murad.email

Are you noticing the vibration by simply looking at the phantom flying/hovering or are you noticing it when you are reviewing the video you have recorded?
2015-11-30
Use props
MoonShadow
lvl.1

Norway

Dji Technical support advice : downgrade to firmware v1.4.0010 then upgrade to v1.5.0030 again and calibrate IMU

2015-12-1
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Anyone from dji have a a comment on this? I had updated to 1.5 also and noticed the vibration. I downgraded back to 1.4 and vibration is gone again. I'll stay at 1.4 till dji acknowledges and fixes the problem.
2015-12-5
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

alirz1 Posted at 2015-12-5 23:35
Anyone from dji have a a comment on this? I had updated to 1.5 also and noticed the vibration. I dow ...

On some other thread they told the person to go back to 1.4 and then back up to 1.5 and it apparently fixed the issue for them.
2015-12-5
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

I experienced the same problem. I noticed it first with the video. I was doing some shots of a parade and saw that the video would start to shake every few moments. then I moved to studying the drone itself. I noticed the same vibration I am seeing on the video's posed here. I am also still getting the grinding noise on the Gimble. nobody seems to have a fix for any of this.

firmware updates should improve things. it seems that ever new version seems to make things worse. I wish I could go back to 1.3.... that did not have any problems that I could find.
2015-12-5
Use props
diogo.fotocine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093816 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I can't remember what firmware was on it but right now it is with the first one that was released when they added the POI, FOLOW, etc...

Is there any solution? I also found that the OEM rubber dampeners are way too soft when compared with the ones from the H2-3D, H3-3d and H4-3D that I had on my previous P2 platforms.

I'd love to see this solved with just an update but I think it an effect not a defect
2015-12-7
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MoonShadow Posted at 2015-12-1 15:23
Dji Technical support advice : downgrade to firmware v1.4.0010 then upgrade to v1.5.0030 again and c ...

What if you were already on firmware  v1.4.0010 then went to v1.5.0030? Do you have to go back to v1.4.0010 then back again? I'm always using the latest firmware as soon as it comes out. Just doesn't seem right to get a new firmware and go back to the old one then back to the new again...
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules