Australia

Hi all just my P3S out at a park in eastern suburbs of sydney

2015-11-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Neat Lighthouse, do they let you go up to the top?   And wow, nice video of the cliffs.  Whew, there would have been no possible recovery if anything happened while you were flying out past the cliffs -- were your palms sweating?  (I think mine were just watching it!)
2015-11-30
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Nice. Is it still in use?
2015-11-30
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job. The videos that are posted here give us a perspective of the rest of the world. Thanks for sharing.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Great video ! I prefer the cliff and sea .
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

pretty cool shots, Dave
2015-11-30
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

It was a nice video but to make it even better keep yourself out of the shots. It's a little tacky seeing you with a remote in the video. Just something to think about.
2015-11-30
Use props
DaveReidPhoto
lvl.2

Australia

Neat Lighthouse, do they let you go up to the top?   And wow, nice video of the cliffs.  Whew, there would have been no possible recovery if anything happened while you were flying out past the cliffs -- were your palms sweating?  (I think mine were just watching it!)

i dont believe its open however i have never checked
my palms were massively sweaty, im one of the ones who hasnt had the best of luck with their 5ghz range / reception and yes i was very tentative and nervous.

Nice. Is it still in use?

i dont believe so mate.

Nice job. The videos that are posted here give us a perspective of the rest of the world. Thanks for sharing.

very welcome.  there are some cool spots in sydney but unfortunately they are generally saturated in 2.4 so it makes a P3S hard to fly some times.

Great video ! I prefer the cliff and sea

thank you i do too

pretty cool shots, Dave

cheers mate im all ears if you want me to test a P3P/A in the same location ;) c'mon!

It was a nice video but to make it even better keep yourself out of the shots. It's a little tacky seeing you with a remote in the video. Just something to think about.

will take it on board. sometimes its not always possible with my limited range of P3S but ta for the feedback.
2015-12-1
Use props
joachimb
lvl.3

Australia

DaveReidPhoto Posted at 2015-12-2 07:59
my palms were massively sweaty, im one of the ...

Hi Dave Reid,

I've been testing the new P4 in that Park the last week...

The light house does open once a month, but I doubt that they will let you fly from the top.

It is very much in use every night.

I was worried about the big shipping radar station just about 500 m down from the lighthouse - big rotating horizontal radar antenna like they use at airports but it seemed no issues with the the P4 controller. Did you say you were worried with yours?

Have not gone off the cliff - sadly that stretch is a top suicide spot - I often hear the search helicopters at nights (and you see bunches of flowers stuck in the fence). I need to be very sure that I do not experience flyaway's, etc. Also the frequent firmware updates make me super cautious.

Also try Diamond Bay Reserve, just 1km south from that spot.
2016-4-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DaveReidPhoto Posted at 2015-12-2 07:59
my palms were massively sweaty, im one of the ...

The Macquarie Lightstation is Australia’s oldest lighthouse, and it’s still in operation today. During a guided tour, you can climb the stairs to the top for magnificent uninterrupted harbour and city views.

http://www.harbourtrust.gov.au/visit/macquarie-lightstation
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules