DJI Osmo camera feed lagging?
11399 19 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Archieb.lim
lvl.1

Philippines

I already tried switching wifi ghz and change SD card but still no good. anyone having the same problem? I tried removing the sd card and putting it back on, sometimes it will run smoothly but not most of the time.
2015-11-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

It lags a fair bit when I run it using my Android phone... on my iPhone 6, its very smooth...

Anyway, I'm getting my Nexus 6P later today and I'll give it another spin...
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The video lagging is highly related to the hardware decoding ability of the mobile phone, which means the mobile phone can not decode the video input in time so the live video will have lag.
1) Please try to close all the background app firstly and then run DJI GO only. Thus the computation press of mobile phone will be alleviated;
2) Please try to use Iphone or other Android phones which have higher hardware ability.
2015-11-30
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be good of the App allowed the quality of the transmission to be lowered. Sometime the app is only useful for framing a shot and keeping a subject in the frame. The quality could be much lower if it allowed no ( or very small ) delay. Just my thought
Also, 5.8 seems less laggy than 2.5 in the WiFi settings..
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-1 16:33
It would be good of the App allowed the quality of the transmission to be lowered. Sometime the app  ...

You mean that we should give the customer a choice so they can decide the trade off between quality and fluency. We will consider it seriously, thanks for your suggestion~
2015-12-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-1 08:54
You mean that we should give the customer a choice so they can decide the trade off between qualit ...

Yeah, I think it would be a good option. What I have found is that when moving quickly you can sometimes get a bit of a delay ( maybe interference from other devices ). But as soon as I press record, the only thing I need the mobile device for is to keep the frame in shot.
2015-12-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Tried to give the Osmo a spin via the Nexus 6P this morning. Unfortunately I only got a black screen with the overlays after connecting to the Osmo. If this was my only phone and the first time I'm using the Osmo, I'll probably be saying unpleasant stuff on the forums. I'll try to troubleshoot later tonight
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 08:57
Tried to give the Osmo a spin via the Nexus 6P this morning. Unfortunately I only got a black screen ...

What about the other functions? As you can see, the supporting list for DJI GO :Samsung tabs 705c、Samsung S6、Samsung S5、Samsung NOTE4、Samsung NOTE3、Google Nexus 9、Google Nexus 7 II、Ascend Mate7、Huawei P8 Max、Nubia Z7 mini、Sony Xperia Z3、MI 3、MI PAD、Smartisan T1. So this could be a compatibility issue. What is your android version?
2015-12-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-2 10:06
What about the other functions? As you can see, the supporting list for DJI GO :Samsung tabs 705c、 ...

Well, the Nexus 6P runs the latest Android 6. As mentioned earlier, even my ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini lags.

Anyway, not too concerned with it as DJI Go works great on my iPhone. Besides, the 6P barely fits into the handphone holder. I'll probably break either the phone or the holder if I use them often.
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 10:37
Well, the Nexus 6P runs the latest Android 6. As mentioned earlier, even my ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini lags ...

Since the OSMO use the WIFI transmission and can be easily interfered with other 2.4G signals , so the 5.8G band will be more stable and robust.
2015-12-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

I managed to get it up and running on my Nexus 6P! I believe the key is to go into the settings and clear the video cache. After I returned from the settings page, the live view started working very well!
2015-12-2
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-1 09:33
It would be good of the App allowed the quality of the transmission to be lowered. Sometime the app  ...

My Dictionary en/ger dont know the word " laggy"
2015-12-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thgrab Posted at 2015-12-3 15:16
My Dictionary en/ger dont know the word " laggy"

Sorry 5.8 gives me less delay in the video transmission to the mobile device ( Lag - Google Translate to Verzögerung   ).
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 22:15
I managed to get it up and running on my Nexus 6P! I believe the key is to go into the settings and  ...

Great to hear that, it's the lack of the RAM memory that makes the video decoding speed decreased. That make sense!{:3_48:}
2015-12-3
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-4 15:19
Great to hear that, it's the lack of the RAM memory that makes the video decoding speed decreased. ...

hmm I don't believe it is a lack of ram... what I suspect is the video cache (which I believe uses the phone  flash storage) may have been corrupted. So deleting it cleans up it.
2015-12-5
Use props
salvelio
New

South Africa

I got my Osmo about 3 weeks ago. It worked fine out the box with my iPhone 6s. I was running on the factory firmware and the DJI go 2.4.2 app at that stage. The moment I updated to DJI go 2.4.3 my problems started. I now have the latest firmware and the problems persist. I have done everything that has been suggested, but this is becoming very frustrating. The camera functions without a problem, but the live stream to my phone is almost impossible to get. I cleared the video cache and turned it off, I changed wifi settings, I've removed the SD card and formatted it. Sometimes the video stream will come on for a few minutes, then disappear. Please help. I hope an update to the DJI Go app will be released soon.
2015-12-28
Use props
RJM77
New

United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-1 18:37
Well, the Nexus 6P runs the latest Android 6. As mentioned earlier, even my ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini lags ...

Off topic, but does the Nexus 6p fit in the Osmo's phone holder?
2016-2-2
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

RJM77 Posted at 2016-2-2 22:50
Off topic, but does the Nexus 6p fit in the Osmo's phone holder?

Yes it does but just barely
2016-2-7
Use props
bdamon
New
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 19:04
The video lagging is highly related to the hardware decoding ability of the mobile phone, which means the mobile phone can not decode the video input in time so the live video will have lag.
1) Please try to close all the background app firstly and then run DJI GO only. Thus the computation press of mobile phone will be alleviated;
2) Please try to use Iphone or other Android phones which have higher hardware ability.

My iPhone streamed the video just fine before the firmware update. now after the first firmware update it lags everything all the time. useless. this osmo is going to force me to buy a new iPhone? forget that. I am about to return this gimmick and all the technology that the osmo brings will be built into the new phone i buy and probably easier to use. FOH
2017-4-8
Use props
Dave cap photography
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone I'm running a Samsung s20 + with a osmo mobile se I was also getting bad video lag but I've found the problem it's to do with the selfie bit face smoothing and body shaping bit of the app turn this off and it stopped all the lag on mine I hope this helps
1-7 04:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules