Landing Gear manually
3369 14 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kasvandiepen
New

Netherlands

Hello!

I own a DJI Inspire. And i love it! recently i had a little crash , nothing dit brake and everything is working except the landing gear. It will not come in landing or in travel mode. It just stays up. I read somewhere that you can adjust the landing gear manually. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks alot in advance.

Regards Kas
2015-11-30
Use props
buckina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1020984 ft
United States

Had the exact symptom and in the end had to send it to DJI.  I'll look for the list of parts they swapped out but it was more involved than I gave it credit.  About 500 bucks worth.

With you the best of luck
2015-11-30
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Yes, you can do it manually.  If you turn tha AC over, you'll see an opening between the two rubber grommets of the gimbal mounting plate.  If you look down that hole, there's a slot screw, which is actually the threaded shaft of the landing gear.  If it's not damaged, you can lower it with the screwdriver.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Kas
Sorry about that . Please send it to the repair center . If you want to do the Transformation manually . Please confirm your aircraft is in landing mode before you install the camera . You can transform the aircraft from travel mode to landing mode by  toggling the Transformation Switch up and down at least four times. After you mount the camera on and get the drone in the air , transform it to travel mode then . And remember to get it back to landing mode before you land . You'll have to toggle the Swich four times to get it transformed when the aircraft is on the ground and just one time when it's in the air .
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-2 20:07
Hey guys - Save the wear and tear on the landing gear switch - I keep reading everywhere that it ne ...

Hi ,Paul
Thank you for your correction . I think i misunderstood him  before . And I've post the correct solution .
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Kas
You can put that gear down by a screwdriver . The picture of that hole attached !
IMG_0009.JPG
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-3 19:31
I guess you're so busy running the Death Star and commanding an army of Stormtroopers, that you've ...

Hi ,
I've seen your video .It's really a nice idea when the ground is not suitable for the VPS . But sometimes , this could happen because of a brocken VPS . That would be a really tough job .
2015-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-2 23:39
Hi ,Kas
You can put that gear down by a screwdriver . The picture of that hole attached !

Is this same access hole included with the new X5 replacement camera mounting frame?

Rich
2015-12-4
Use props
Adam Gibbs Phot
lvl.1

Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-4 08:35
Oh... Indeed, that solution was really for an otherwise functional Inspire but lacking a suitable  ...

You might be on to something there....an Inspire with a dynamo that can be cranked to add juice to the batteries I remember as a kid my dad had a car that had to be cranked to get her going.
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-5 00:35
Oh... Indeed, that solution was really for an otherwise functional Inspire but lacking a suitable  ...

Sorry I don't know much about that car thing .  This hole could really be helpful but I don't think someone's gonna like that . It's more like an emergency use .
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-5 02:16
Is this same access hole included with the new X5 replacement camera mounting frame?

Yes , you can find that hole when you take the Vibration Obsorving Board apart from the aircraft .
2015-12-7
Use props
kasvandiepen
New

Netherlands

Thanks alot for all the helpfull replies! i managed to lower the landing gear with the hand as you guys said. Just to clarify: the motor was not working. The remote kept saying it was in landing mode while the actual landing gear was in fly mode.

sadly the landing gear still won't work. So i will bring it to some professonials ;)

Best Regards!
2015-12-10
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a minor crash with one of mine and same thing. The aluminum piece that connects both arms got bent. Found a landing gear set on ebay and had to do full disassembly to change out. It was also an earlier version, but it still worked with my "D" unit.

There was another question on manually putting in landing mode while flying and it is an option. I tried it and then forgot to take it out of landing mode, so I just set it back to auto.
2015-12-12
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a minor crash with one of mine and same thing. The aluminum piece that connects both arms got bent. Found a landing gear set on ebay and had to do full disassembly to change out. It was also an earlier version, but it still worked with my "D" unit.

There was another question on manually putting in landing mode while flying and it is an option. I tried it and then forgot to take it out of landing mode, so I just set it back to auto.
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-13 22:53
That'll be a no, then.

Or, so it sounds to me.

Yes . You are correct  ! The hole can only be accessible when the board is removed .
2015-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules