12Next >
12799 71 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi,
Very happy customer here ! Looking for the gimbal cable as a spare part...

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Friendly greetings from Belgium,
Pascal
www.4video.be
Facebook: 4video.be
Youtube: 4video.be
4video.be
www.4video.be
2014-9-17
Use props
me
New

United Kingdom

Totally agree.

I had my P2V+ and within the week has a small crash and cable was damaged. So £500 later, I have a new camera, but still have the camera requiring just the cable.

Hopefully this will become a spare part!
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would definitely be nice to have access to this part as a spare. I have read forums where people are trying to set up a supply chain for this independently. No cluck yet. And no word from DJI on this other than "you have to buy the gimble camera assembly as a whole". Love my P2V+, but this is a definite problem in my opinion.
2014-9-17
Use props
darren.storer
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

same message from the UK - great product amazing value for money, just need a gimbal cable to repair my camera.

Bought a new camera for nearly GBP £500 but now I need to repair the original unit.

Please advise on availability.

Many thanks

Darren
2014-9-17
Use props
huangzilong1688
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4999554 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi DJI,

Same massage from Indonesia,
Im using v2+ ,
The ribbon cable is very susceptible to damage. it seems unreasonable if the ribbon cable is damaged, we must replace one set with a new camera.
Local dealer offered about IDR 8,000,000 ($ 670) for the a camera alone.
inappropriate price in my opinion for a camera alone. more expensive compared to purchasing 1 unit of phantom 2 ( $579).
Still waiting for the spare parts (ribbon cable).

Thanks,
ZiLong
2014-9-17
Use props
benny.coucke
New
Belgium

Hi,
Very happy customer here ! I hope that the gimbal cable coms as a spare part...

Friendly greetings from Belgium,
Benny
2014-9-17
Use props
ei4jr
lvl.1

Ireland

Greetings from Ireland. A gimble cable in the spare part department would be excellent due to its vulnerability and ease for the user to damage it.
Regards
Peter
2014-9-17
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

benny.coucke@te Posted at 2014-9-18 00:11
Hi,
Very happy customer here ! I hope that the gimbal cable coms as a spare part...

Nice to meet you Benny

Grtz from Beringen, Belgium

2014-9-17
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Thank you for the replies friends, I hope we get the gimbal cable as a spare part soon
2014-9-17
Use props
webstereo
New

United Kingdom

I have been in touch with DJI directly and they have promised to send a cable to my dealer. This has yet to happen though. Clearly there is an issue with these cables though.
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This would really be huge if we get a source for these. I am so scared this is going to happen to me. My first P2V+ came with a bad flight controller and I crashed on my very first flight. My camera broke off of the gimbal and the ribbon cable was spliced. DJI agreed the crash was not my fault and replaced my entire unit. Which was really awesome of them. Paid return shipping and expedited shipping for the new unit out of California. But I fear it will happen again. Fingers crossed we will see some action on this.
2014-9-17
Use props
siliconester
New

Croatia

Why Isn't anyone from Dji responding here?
2014-9-17
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I'm not DJI, but I am DJI Forum Support.
Start reading about here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... ge=458#post29387716
The cable will not be available as a DIY fix.
You will have to go through a dealer...
2014-9-18
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

+1000
DJI please make the Vision Plus gimbal flex ribbon cables easily available to everyone.  There are many of us who are capable of making this repair and other damages to the gimbal.
Cheers,
Jim
2014-9-18
Use props
sibes
New

United States

Sure would be nice if we could get these for $15 direct like they sold a bunch to one guy for.  Seems like a scam that you can't get a part like this and have to spend $700 instead.  Sure wish I knew this before I bought mine.
2014-9-18
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am at a loss. If DJI is saying this is not a user repairable part and only serviced technician are capable, but the user has a broken gimble that DJI is not willing to repair, what does DJI care if the user attempts the repair and screws it up? It's already useless. This is about money, in my opinion. Has to be. I can only hope that bootleg ribbon cables will soon appear on ebay and will solve this problem. More importantly, DJI will realize this error and make the gimbals better in the next version.
2014-9-18
Use props
dave.katz
New

United States

More fragile than butterfly wings, rarer than unicorn teeth, it is the holy grail of Phantom parts! ribbongrail.jpg
2014-9-18
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi All,
Our repair center should be able to provide service to replace broken FPC cable, so is our authorized repairing dealer.

Thank you
2014-9-18
Use props
DJI-Daniel
lvl.1

China

Hi Pascal,

We would consider your opinion. At the moment please contact the local support center for this spare part.
Any further support needed, please feel free to email support@dji.com

Cheers
2014-9-18
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

http://youtu.be/iZt1aJuxQyo
2014-9-19
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

l8chuang Posted at 2014-9-19 18:21

An alternate way to fix the problem.
2014-9-19
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Let's try to keep this thread on top
2014-9-20
Use props
bill71021
New

United States

maybe time for a class action LAWSUIT
2014-9-20
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI-Daniel Posted at 2014-9-19 12:56
Hi Pascal,

We would consider your opinion. At the moment please contact the local support center fo ...

Thank you for your possitive reply Daniel, appreciate it.

Also thanks to JS for the reply.

So does that mean the cable will become available as a spare part in the future?

As far as i understand, and please correct me if i'm wrong:
Dealers are asking 700$ for the complete gimbal with cam, while they have the cable in stock to repair it....

Hoping on a possitive reply,
Kind regards,
Pascal
Belgium
2014-9-20
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have been told that a dealer or support center cannot sell the cables directly to customers. They can only be used by a service center to repair an item. If we were allowed to sell them to customers, we would be buying them by the case.

Kerry Garrison
Multicopter Warehouse
http://multicopterwarehouse.com
2014-9-20
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

ei4jr Posted at 2014-9-18 00:19
Greetings from Ireland. A gimble cable in the spare part department would be excellent due to its vu ...

hi peter
what part of the emerald isle are you in?
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

l8chuang Posted at 2014-9-19 18:21

Link is not working.
2014-9-20
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

nospampp@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-21 00:05
Thank you for your possitive reply Daniel, appreciate it.

Also thanks to JS for the reply.

We will regulate the the dealers to have a proper charge for broken cable. A broken cable should not cost $700. Feel free to send dealer in the "report an issue" section of this forum.
2014-9-21
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

So are you saying that a dealer can order the cable and sell the cable to the customers now?
2014-9-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think that's what DJI are saying Kerry, they are saying that as a dealer or repair centre you can order the cable and fit it for customers.
2014-9-22
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Yes there is a definite need for this part. I now own 2 gimbles ha ha. LOL By law, all parts for any device in the US is supposed to be available for a period of 7 years. And available for purchase.
2014-9-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Nowhere in that law does it sate "all parts for any device" that would be totally unworkable, DJI do supply the part needed to repair your phantom, it comes as a complete camera / gimbal assembly as there are no user serviceable parts inside.
2014-9-22
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I have a question. How you know if that cable is damage? What are the symtons?
2014-9-22
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-9-23 06:33
Nowhere in that law does it sate "all parts for any device" that would be totally unworkable, DJI do ...

That is bull as this camera and gimble are serviceable. I have worked on electronics for over 20 years. The ribbon cable is a serviceable part and is a very easy fix. But with out a supply, its one of those things, that the user is forced to send it in for repair. Because the part is not assessable to the public.

I have had to buy a second camera. So I know how it feels not to have parts available. I also find the same problem at times for older electronic repairs.

My hope is that DJI will provide the ribbon so that many of the users can fix there own broke cable.

I am still a very satisfied customer of DJI and love my phantom 2 vision+.

And I get it, why sell a $2.00 cable when you can sell the whole camera. and or charge to repair it.

2014-9-22
Use props
crabby
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-9-23 06:33
Nowhere in that law does it sate "all parts for any device" that would be totally unworkable, DJI do ...

If my car needs a throttle cable and the manufacturer requires buying a new engine, that will not pess the smell test. Or, in this case, stink test.
2014-9-23
Use props
francrev489
lvl.1

Spain

Not found.
I need the cable too, even my camera and the gimbal they were in SAT of Germany without repair there. They came back home like the same they went there, broken. Bad service of DJI in Europe.

I am very angry with the persons in charge of DJI.

Cheers.
2014-9-23
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

guys! type this into the search bar:

there that link works
2014-9-23
Use props
webstereo
New

United Kingdom

Phantom Vision 2 plus Broken Ribbon Cable on camera

How many people here have had this problem?
How many have fixed it?
How many were forced to replace the whole camera?
2014-9-23
Use props
fam.barnet
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,

i hope that this link can help many people.
For me (I think) it is too difficult without the right tools to repair the camera ..

[url= http://atkdrones.com/products/phantom-2-vision-gimbal-flex-cable] Phantom-2-vision-Gimbal-Flex-cable[/url]

greetings
Gunther

2014-9-26
Use props
jeffdixon.north
New

United States

fam.barnet@t-on Posted at 2014-9-26 21:10
Hi,

i hope that this link can help many people.

That link is not working for me
2014-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules