Gimbal/Camera Slightly Off Center to the Right
5003 16 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

I have a Phantom 3 Advance, latest firmware on both drone and controller. The camera seems to be off center to the right (on idle mode) as shown in the photo below.
a. Lines 1 & 2 gap is very visible to show it off to the right rather than center.
b. Line 3 also showing the same behaviour.

FYI:
1. When i took the photo, the drone has been powered ON and the drone has completed the gimbal initialization and currently in IDLE mode (LED light reflection can be seen)
2. I have done IMU and Gimbal calibration combo (in a clear and flat surface away from magnets/etc) but still the same result.
3. Gimbal/Camera level is normal/flat (not tilted).

Any idea how to fix this issue?

2015-11-30
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

Mine does it also. I just have to leave to drone to idle for 5 minutes and the gimball will line it up.
2015-11-30
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

Welcome trà we're part of a growing number of people with the same problem, I feel dji an estimate of 700 Euros for changing the motherboard and replacing gimball
2015-11-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

mine does this too. dont know if its left or right because you can be looking at it from different perspecitves. when i fly forward i can only see one of the two props and landing gear in the video rather than both. anyone else?
2015-11-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Nvm mine points to the left
2015-11-30
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

Any solution to this problem?
2015-11-30
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

Did you calibrate the RC also ? If not, do a full IMU & Gimbal & RC Calibration and see what happens.
Check out this guy, he is doing a gimbal calibration In the air.
2015-11-30
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

@txpander though i doubt that it has something todo with the RC, but i did callibrate everything and the same thing happened.
2015-11-30
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have the same issue with mine after powering on, but after 4-5 minutes the gimbal levels up normally. If it isn't raining tomorrow I'll try "in the air" calibration and post here what the results are.
2015-11-30
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've had this problem for a long time.  It is irritating since it is hard to fly straight forward as seen in the camera.  Mine is to the left about the same direction yours is to the right.  It is NOT a slight amount.  It's been that way since new, but I think I am on the right track to get it licked by aligning it mechanically on the shaft.  I've seen LOTS of other people with the same problem.  Just about every person that complains about seeing their props in the picture is seeing the left front prop.  Check it out.  I've never seen the right one in a picture.  I haven't flown enough lately to continue on the fix, so will just have to do it as I can.  Current temperatures have been around 20F for a week.
2015-11-30
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

by the way, this is not a tilted gimbal/camera issue. The gimbal/camera is horizontally level/flat/normal, but it is slightly off to the right facing the right landing stand rather than straight directly forward (fyi, this is powered ON and finshed the gimbal calibration when the photo was taken). I think some users are reporting different issue (tilted camera/gimbal) than what i have.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM: The issue of the camera is YAW (to right) rather than ROLL (to the right)
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Alex
This is really weird . If that doesn't getting better after calibration . Please contact the dealers .Thank you !
2015-12-1
Use props
alex.aguel
lvl.1

Philippines

@DJI-Patrick .. i assumed this isnt normal right?
2015-12-1
Use props
fans51ffc175
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same problem, but it is slightly to the left, about 3 degrees
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Braly
lvl.1
United States

Here is a short video explaining what mine is doing

2017-12-6
Use props
fansea273376
New
United States

DJI Braly Posted at 2017-12-6 13:30
Here is a short video explaining what mine is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWqYvXDi3bA

Any fix to this problem? I've coming across this but this is more to fix the horizontal tilt
2017-12-24
Use props
fansa0c5e2e3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82956 ft
United States

Same here pointed to the left and I have been researching for a week on a solution
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules