New computer
1630 12 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hello people, I have a couple of questions about the "Assist Software", I bought a new computer and I am wondering if I have to download the "driver installer" into my new computer, or can I just download the "Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software" and "Phantom RC Assistant Software" I have the DJI WIN Driver Installer already installed on my Phantom2 Vision Plus. I just need the software on my new computer. I guess I can just hookup the Phantom to the old computer, but I would rather use the new one as it is reliable. Thank you for any advise you may give and for taking the time.
2014-12-26
Use props
mikelycett
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Download the driver! you will need it. Software will not detect the drone or RC without it. (on Windows that is- not tried MAC)
2014-12-26
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

Oh! Okay, see I was thinking the driver was just for the Phantom itself. Thank you all for the input and help.Do you think the phantom still has to be plugged in when I install it all again?
2014-12-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tomwolves585@gm Posted at 2014-12-26 20:36
Oh! Okay, see I was thinking the driver was just for the Phantom itself. Thank you all for the input ...

The Windows driver tells the 2 apps how to communicate with the Phantom.  You need to install all three of them.
2014-12-26
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

mikelycett@btin Posted at 2014-12-26 19:19
Download the driver! you will need it. Software will not detect the drone or RC without it. (on Wind ...

Drivers aren't needed for Mac computers
2014-12-26
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

I have windows 8.1 on the new computer. I will download all three and install. Thank you
2014-12-26
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

Do I install the software and driver on my computer before I hook-up my Phantom to the computer, or do I have to hook-up the phantom to the usb cable and into my computer while installing the update software?Thank you for your help
2015-1-14
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Install the WIN drivers first, then both assistants, then connect the Phantom.
2015-1-14
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-15 04:13
Install the WIN drivers first, then both assistants, then connect the Phantom.

Awesome!! Thanks Johnwarr, as I wasn't quite sure if the Phantom had to be connected while installing the assistant software. Again Thank you!
2015-1-14
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

install the driver first with the MC (Phantom) connected.  Power cycle to be safe
install the RC app
Install the PH app
When you install the driver it will ask you to make sure the MC is connected.  
2015-1-14
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

Gunny Huntarr Posted at 2015-1-15 04:15
install the driver first with the MC (Phantom) connected.  Power cycle to be safe
install the RC app ...

@Gunny Huntarr, I already have the driver installed in my phantom from the old computer,what I don't know is if I have to have the phantom hooked up to the computer when I install everything on my "New Computer", guess it won't hurt the phantom to reinstall the driver again then Gunny? ya see I figured all I would have to do is; 1) download and install driver on New Computer 2) download DJI RC Assistant V1.1, 3) down load and install DJI Phantom 2 assistant software v3.6 on my new computer. So I will just plug in the Phantom when I install everything!
2015-1-14
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

You can do an install on the new system, but there is no harm in having the MC connected to the new comp when you install the driver.  Think of the driver as a sync for the computer, app, & Phantom.  Get's them all playing nice with each other.  As we all know the more all these little wizbangs connect the less hassle we have.  Yeah right.

2015-1-14
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

Gunny Huntarr Posted at 2015-1-15 06:29
You can do an install on the new system, but there is no harm in having the MC connected to the new  ...

Okay! Tanks Gunny {:2_29:}
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules