DJI Lightbridge 2 Does Not Support DJI Z15 Gimbal
1785 6 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charlestrautman
New

United States

I have an S1000, A2 flight controller, Z15-GH4 Gimbal for myPanasonic GH4 camera.  I enjoy shootingquality aerial video and photography, using tilt and pan functions.  I’m amazed and frustrated that LB 2 does notand cannot support DJI’s Z15 gimbal pan function.
I spent days installing LB2 to my system and learned thehard way that LB2 won’t provide “pan, or roll” functions.  I spent a small fortune on my DJI system,installed LB2 to realize I had more functionality with my Futaba 14 channelradio.  
Surely DJI wouldn’t go this far to create a new transmitterand not provide panning function.  I eventook the system to professionals seeking assist with setting up the panfunction.   I argued that surely DJI wouldn’t put out a “stepback” transmitter radio, missing pan functionality.  But, yep, I was told over and over that LB2won’t support pan function and nothing wrong with my LB 2 installation.
I guess I’m supposed to just turn the S1000 and forgetpanning my $2500 DJI Z15 gimbal.   Really?  
Getting help or explanation from DJI is impossible.  Waitng a week to see if DJI or anyone has any ideas, then plan to return LB 2.  

2015-11-30
Use props
charlestrautman
New

United States

Wish DJI would say something about panning function?  
2015-12-4
Use props
rdteam54.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

charlestrautman Posted at 2015-12-5 07:27
Wish DJI would say something about panning function?

Hi Charles, LB2 can control the yaw of Z15-GH4, but you need a second remote controller work as slave controller, the stick of the slave controller can control the pitch of the pitch and yaw of gimbal. if you have only one remote controller, you can only control the pitch of the gimbal by the left wheel of the remote controller.
2015-12-7
Use props
charlestrautman
New

United States

rdteam54.dji Posted at 2015-12-7 02:46
Hi Charles, LB2 can control the yaw of Z15-GH4, but you need a second remote controller work as sl ...

Yep, that's how I have it setup.
I'm just surprised DJI went so far, but came up short missing a few switches on LB2 transmitter.
I would like to have had pan control with my one transmitter setup.
2015-12-8
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Charles - i'm unfortunately in the same trap boot and I would like to ask you whether you go a solution for your pan function or not. A second controller is good but I'm flying and photographing most of the time by my own. Regards, Gerry
2016-1-8
Use props
charlestrautman
New

United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2016-1-9 00:25
Hi Charles - i'm unfortunately in the same trap boot and I would like to ask you whether you go a so ...

No solution, so far.  See DJI's response to my post below.

Hi Charles, LB2 can control the yaw of Z15-GH4, but you need a second remote controller work as slave controller, the stick of the slave controller can control the pitch of the pitch and yaw of gimbal. if you have only one remote controller, you can only control the pitch of the gimbal by the left wheel of the remote controller.
2016-2-7
Use props
wima
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449449 ft
Switzerland

charlestrautman Posted at 2016-2-7 22:55
No solution, so far.  See DJI's response to my post below.

Hi Charles, LB2 can control the yaw of ...

I have a Z15-Nex7 Gimbal. Can I control Pitch with LB2?
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules