Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning- New Firmware 1.5 Limits Drone Altitudes to 120m or 360 Feet.
9830 62 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-5 11:29
Thanks for the heads up. No more firmware updates for me. I do not appreciate DJI crippling MY property.

' I do not appreciate DJI crippling MY property.
'
Honestly Mark, you are loooking more and more like a drongo if you get sucked in by these old and hopelessly incorrect threads.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-5 13:40
' I do not appreciate DJI crippling MY property.
'
Honestly Mark, you are loooking more and more like a drongo if you get sucked in by these old and hopelessly incorrect threads.

Geoff, it’s laughable at best. Haha

Hope all is well with you,  and the misses.

Back healing nicely...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-5 11:29
Thanks for the heads up. No more firmware updates for me. I do not appreciate DJI crippling MY property.

It's difficult to imagine how much time you spend searching to find these old threads in repeated obvious attempts to disparage DJI.  I'm using AC FW 1.5 today.  It's actually 1.5+.  And my P3P flies like a dream - with a limitless horizon.  
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-5 14:05
It's difficult to imagine how much time you spend searching to find these old threads in repeated obvious attempts to disparage DJI.  I'm using AC FW 1.5 today.  It's actually 1.5+.  And my P3P flies like a dream - with a limitless horizon.

If sharing these bull patties is your preference, have at er.

But you are wasting your time. Haha

My drone flys higher and farther away than ever before, with recent updates.,

Out of sight, except my Lume Cubes keep me in the loop. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-5 14:05

Only about 6 seconds to do a google search. Because I read in one of these forums, or maybe on Phantompilots, that the latest firmware is alleged to have a 400' altitude limit. Given the constant nags I get when I fire my my P4P for "firmware update REQUIRED" I'm not updating until I have confirmed proof that it won't cripple my P4P further than it already is.
2018-11-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-6 14:59
Only about 6 seconds to do a google search. Because I read in one of these forums, or maybe on Phantompilots, that the latest firmware is alleged to have a 400' altitude limit. Given the constant nags I get when I fire my my P4P for "firmware update REQUIRED" I'm not updating until I have confirmed proof that it won't cripple my P4P further than it already is.

But why do you repeatedly bump threads made during the previous US presidential administration?  
2018-11-6
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-6 14:59
Only about 6 seconds to do a google search. Because I read in one of these forums, or maybe on Phantompilots, that the latest firmware is alleged to have a 400' altitude limit. Given the constant nags I get when I fire my my P4P for "firmware update REQUIRED" I'm not updating until I have confirmed proof that it won't cripple my P4P further than it already is.

Because I read in one of these forums, or maybe on Phantompilots, that the latest firmware is alleged to have a 400' altitude limit.
A lot of what you read on the forum is nonsense.
Any firmware update resets some values to defaults nad the user configurable Max Altitude Limit is one of them.

But there's no excuse when if you'd bothered to read a couple of posts after the initial one (from 3 years back) you'd have seen that the OP was mistaken, just as you were.
Life must be difficult when you view everything through a paranoia filter.
How many times do you have to find that your worst fears aren't coming true before you ease up on the anxiety?
Given the constant nags I get when I fire my my P4P for "firmware update REQUIRED" I'm not updating until I have confirmed proof that it won't cripple my P4P further than it already is.
DJi haven't done anything to "cripple" your drone yet.
Why are you so sure they are going to in the future?
2018-11-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

My Phantom 3 Pro, drone is crippled.

She has fallen, and can’t get back up... hahaha
5F25A0E4-98BC-4348-A028-DC318F0DE07E.jpeg

The Hasselblad lens has grown too big...

RedHotPoker

2018-11-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-6 19:05
Because I read in one of these forums, or maybe on Phantompilots, that the latest firmware is alleged to have a 400' altitude limit.
A lot of what you read on the forum is nonsense.
Any firmware update resets some values to defaults nad the user configurable Max Altitude Limit is one of them.

They haven't FURTHER crippled my drone because I haven't updated the firmware since June. And I won't do so until I have solid evidence that doing so won't limit it's ability to fly any further than it is.
2018-11-7
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-7 11:53
They haven't FURTHER crippled my drone because I haven't updated the firmware since June. And I won't do so until I have solid evidence that doing so won't limit it's ability to fly any further than it is.

NO .. they haven't crippled your Phantom because thay haven't crippled anyone's Phantom.
They have a pretty good track record of not crippling Phantoms.

What's crippled is your perception of so many things because you have a paranoid suspicion of just about everything.
2018-11-7
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-7 14:00
NO .. they haven't crippled your Phantom because thay haven't crippled anyone's Phantom.
They have a pretty good track record of not crippling Phantoms.

Crippling is the act of causing any INTENTIONAL limitation to a product or device. For instance, in American cars, the firmware limits the maximum speed to 125MPH in the ECI chip.

DJI drones have imposed firmware limitations which cripple the AC's ability to be of use to the owner in the form of altitude restrictions and NFZs.

Imaging if Ford prevented you from starting your car because the president's motorcade was traveling within 30 miles of your location. It's absurd.
2018-11-8
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Must admit I’ve been caught a few times with old threads (forgot to read the fine print as it were). Be nice if they colour coded initial thread by year for twits like me. Then again would also be great if the search index was better. Now what else can I have a moan about
2018-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-8 13:37
Crippling is the act of causing any INTENTIONAL limitation to a product or device. For instance, in American cars, the firmware limits the maximum speed to 125MPH in the ECI chip.

DJI drones have imposed firmware limitations which cripple the AC's ability to be of use to the owner in the form of altitude restrictions and NFZs.

'DJI drones have imposed firmware limitations which cripple the AC's ability to be of use to the owner in the form of altitude restrictions and NFZs.'

Yet you bought a Phantom with all those restrictions already in place as it came out of the box? How dumb are you?
2018-11-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

sky wombat Posted at 11-8 14:20
Must admit I’ve been caught a few times with old threads (forgot to read the fine print as it were). Be nice if they colour coded initial thread by year for twits like me. Then again would also be great if the search index was better. Now what else can I have a moan about

Use google to search - do it like this:

"warning- new firmware 1.5 limits" site:forum.dji.com

https://www.google.com/search?rl ... ...0i71.vgtG-xM-hbE

https://forum.dji.com/thread-36339-1-1.html
2018-11-8
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-8 13:37

Crippling is the act of causing any INTENTIONAL limitation to a product  or device.

Putting those limits in place is not crippling at all.
Manufacturers intentionally place limits on their products for all kinds of reasons:To prevent damaging the product, to prevent potential injury to the user or others, to comply with legislation etc.
That's their perogative.  It's their product and it's your choice to buy or not.

DJI drones have imposed firmware limitations which cripple the AC's  ability to be of use to the owner in the form of altitude restrictions  and NFZs
Really ?   What particular changes in your ability to use your Phantom has DJI introduced since you bought yours?
Have have done anything that has reduced your ability to use your Phantom?

Imaging if Ford prevented you from starting your car because the  president's motorcade was traveling within 30 miles of your location.  It's absurd.
Yes, that would be absurd.
Just like shutting down all legitimate general aviation activity and even flying toy drones in a park or your backyard over a 9698 sq kilometre area just because the yellow-haired toad is in town.
But that's what your government has done.  

Don't blame DJI for that.
I can't think of a government in the civilised world that restrictions with like you do in the "land of the free".

2018-11-8
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

I would appreciate FULL DISCLOSURE of these limits before purchase. Nowhere in any of DJI's marketing have I seen these intentionally-implemented limits disclosed in a clear and obvious manner.

Although my current DJI product's limitations are not imposing a problem for me at this time, I have not updated the firmware since June and will not do so unless I have conclusive evidence that no further limitations are being added to the product.

The consumer should have the right to decide how to use the product. I'm okay with a warning dialog box and an option to unlock, with full responsibility assumed by the user, but an undefeatable lock on features without clear disclosure BEFORE purchase is inexcusable and possibly fraudulent under the consumer laws of some nations.
2018-11-9
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-9 07:34
I would appreciate FULL DISCLOSURE of these limits before purchase. Nowhere in any of DJI's marketing have I seen these intentionally-implemented limits disclosed in a clear and obvious manner.

Although my current DJI product's limitations are not imposing a problem for me at this time, I have not updated the firmware since June and will not do so unless I have conclusive evidence that no further limitations are being added to the product.

OK .. I think I understand it now.  
DJI hasn't crippled your drone or done anything to reduce your use of it since you bought it.
Neither have any of their firmware updates in the last year if you had done them.
But you don't want to let a few facts keep you from the enjoyment you get from complaining, just in case DJI ever do whatever it is you are (unnecessarily) concerned about.
2018-11-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There should be a law prohibiting the wielding of a credit card without a valid brain to control it.
2018-11-9
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 11-9 14:56
There should be a law prohibiting the wielding of a credit card without a valid brain to control it.

Yes an anti Drongo law.
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-9 08:12

OK .. I think I understand it now.  

Somehow I think you're being intentionally dense.
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-10 17:43

Keep, hammering away....

Missing the “mark”, every time.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-9 14:56

Geoff, now that’s funny. Hahaha

98EFF1CA-B123-49D0-AC7A-068D7ABBEA84.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-11-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 11-10 17:43

You are the one that admits your drone works now as well as when you bought it but you can't stop complaining about the manufacturer crippling it.
And you think I'm the one with a problem ??
2018-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules