Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 vision wifi won't connect to phone
24506 13 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bullman4657
New

United Kingdom

I have just got my new Phantom Vision 2, I have had trouble from the start connectiong my wifi extender to my phone. I can manage to do it once every 30 or so times. I have tried to rebind with no joy, I have tried to connect im the middle of a field miles away from any wifi routers again with no joy. Any suggestions or have I got a faulty extender?
2014-12-26
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You don't need to rebind anything, but as you have tried, are you 100% sure you completed the procedure correctly ?
On your phone, turn off mobile data and Bluetooth.
Are you allowing time for the phantom to connect via Wi-Fi ? It sometimes takes a minute or two before you can connect to it.

More information needed about your phone, phantom, and how you are going about trying to connect....
2014-12-26
Use props
bullman4657
New

United Kingdom

Hi johnwarr, yes I've tried all of the above. I have just managed to connect it since my last post but now its the same problem???

I have a Samsung galaxy note 3, i switch my controller on, then my extender then the phantom. I then using my phone search for the extender wifi on my phone. like i say sometimes it will work but most of the time it will not. Sometimes I've waited 15 minutes with no joy.
2014-12-26
Use props
dspeirs76
New

United States

bullman4657 Posted at 2014-12-26 22:26
Hi johnwarr, yes I've tried all of the above. I have just managed to connect it since my last post b ...

bullman4657,

I am having the same problem.  Fresh out of the box, not flights, cannot get my iPhone 6 or other devices to lock into the wifi.  Usually i don't see the Phantom wifi  as an option, occasionally it will be there but I will be "unable to Join".  It did join a couple of times but I do not have a connection to the camera.  When I tried to rebind it, it was unable to join wifi repeater in the binding function of the DJI app.  

My iPhone is in airplane mode, Bluetooth off, wifi on? Controller on, then range extender.  

Any ideas?   
2014-12-27
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

bullman, may be a stupid question, but extender is fully charged?  I had to charge mine overnight the first time.
2014-12-27
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.4

United States

I have noticed the plug-in power to the camera can be a bit iffy.  Try unplugging the camera---and mem card, too.
2014-12-27
Use props
bullman4657
New

United Kingdom

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-28 11:47
I have noticed the plug-in power to the camera can be a bit iffy.  Try unplugging the camera---and m ...

Yes fully charged and I've tried removing the SD card and unplugging the camera and still no joy. Ill be ringing the shop I purchased it from tomorrow and asking for a replacement.
2014-12-28
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Try another device, some devices like my nexus have wifi connectivity problems after android updates. I Use asus MeMO pad now, NO updating android for me.
2014-12-28
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.4

United States

You probably know this, but you need a memory card in the phone, too.
2014-12-28
Use props
cesar.castro
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi.
I have had the same problem with my vision phantom 2 + V 3.0, but now I think that the defect was solved.
Try this:
Go to settings on your iphone app, tap quality preview and then choose 640x480 15 fps, or better yet 320x240 15fps.
Good luck
Cesar
2015-3-21
Use props
henrik.maeland
New

Spain

Hello

I have had my Phantom 2 vision plus for a year now and have had some isues regarding my wifi Connection. In the beginning it worked fine, but now i cant even get the phantom network to even show on my wifi list. I have changed Phones Three times, going from Samsung s4 to a Note4, and now i have a Samsung s6 edge. My camera/drone is pretty much useless if i cant get the Connection to work.

How can i get the phantom network to show, is it a broken cable maby, or is it my phone that shuts out the wifis With no internet. Please give me an answer.

Thank you.

Henrik
2016-4-9
Use props
fans58b86be4
New
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Mexico

Please help
2017-5-30
Use props
fans58b86be4
New
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Mexico

Hello guys My PHANTOM VISION 2 Was working just fine, but on the last upgrade app i dont see the live video anymore, then i call for customer service, and one of the techs said that some thing inside my drone is damage wich i think i not true, please help me thank you ,
2017-5-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What do you mean by "last upgrade app"?  DJI stopped supporting the P2 series in 2015.  
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules