Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
how to discharge the RC?
1912 25 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

My RC never discharges because its battery lasts longer than the craft,s batteries. anybody have a way to discharge it?

2015-12-1
Use props
greenbean
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

There have been several threads addressing this......with no solution.
2015-12-1
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

What I do is take my tablet, plug it into the RC, turn on RC and let RC charge the tablet until I have, at the lowest 1 light blinking on the RC.  If I end up with one light due to my attention span, I will bring it back up to two lights with the charger before storage.  As long as the tablet is near empty, has worked for me several times on two different RC's.

EDIT: Edited to clarify my 'one light' comment to reflect what I actually do.
2015-12-1
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-1 19:42
What I do is take my tablet, plug it into the RC, turn on RC and let RC charge the tablet until I ha ...

great idea, but my RC switches itself off every now and then? how do you overcome that?
2015-12-1
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.1

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-1 13:42
What I do is take my tablet, plug it into the RC, turn on RC and let RC charge the tablet until I ha ...

Unfortunately charging doesn't work with iOS device    ...or at least with my iPad3 mini running 1.1.2 and my Birds and RCs running 1.1.9 n 1.2..6
One blinking light is probably around 15%, which is not good for long time storage....but good for Battery maintenance.
2015-12-1
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

nrgwise Posted at 2015-12-1 19:42

hehehe you are a genius. i am now playing a movie on my tablet. that really sucks the life out of the batteries then to keep it from auto shut down i jam the right joystick in the forward position with a match stick.
2015-12-1
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

draadkar Posted at 2015-12-1 14:22
hehehe you are a genius. i am now playing a movie on my tablet. that really sucks the life out of t ...

Well there you go.  I usually do this while I am in my office, so it is right next to me.  I just push the sticks or if it turns off, turn it back on.

It charges my iPhone 6s so not sure it is an iOS device thing.  Although this won't hurt the battery, the battery is not made for charging really.  That is why whenever I do this, the device I am charging is very much in need of a charge and the RC is no less than 3 lights.

I regularly do this with a Note 4 (only used for the DJI Go app for set-up/updates, etc., never flying) and an Nvidia Shield (new version, used only for flying running Litchi, never DJI Go (not even installed on this device)).
2015-12-1
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Ithacus Posted at 2015-12-1 14:15
Unfortunately charging doesn't work with iOS device    ...or at least with my iPad3 mini running ...

The versions of whatever you are running shouldn't matter.  The bird should not even be turned on while doing this.  
2015-12-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Since when does your RC charge the tablet?
2015-12-1
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-1 19:08

Since I plugged it in and the tablet has less battery power than the RC battery.  It is not an intended function, just a by-product of battery/power technology.  Surplus flows to depletion to try and achieve equilibrium.
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

leave it alone for 5 hours likely with aircraft on
2015-12-1
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-2 01:08

It definitely charges the tablet. I kept playing a movie on my tablet last night and when i started the tablet battery was 81% charged. after 3 hours the tablet was 86% charged and the RC have gone from 4 lights to 2 lights.
2015-12-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Interesting....everything posted up to now says that isn't so.  It certainly doesn't charge my S5.  
2015-12-1
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-2 07:17
Interesting....everything posted up to now says that isn't so.  It certainly doesn't charge my S5.   ...

I have a galaxy tab S2 and for sure it is being charged by the RC. At a quick glance on the tab battery icon it shows the charging symbol with a red X over it and i would think it is not charging, but it proves to be charging after some time the battery percentage is higher than it was.

2015-12-1
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-1 19:08

Both my Android devices do that. My Galaxy S5 phone and my Samsung Tab 4 both go into "charge battery mode" when connected to a turned-on controller.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
di-da-dit
2015-12-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Hmm..wonder why my S5 doesn't do that.  In fact, it runs the battery down quite quickly when I fly.
2015-12-2
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-2 16:56
Hmm..wonder why my S5 doesn't do that.  In fact, it runs the battery down quite quickly when I fly.

I have googled a bit today and it seems that across many forums it is accepted that the RC indeed do charge the device. You should look at your wire connecting the S5 with the RC.
2015-12-2
Use props
Vasek
lvl.1

Czechia

The rc does not charge my ipad air neither iphone6. I tried to charge my usb power bank from rc and it works....
2015-12-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

draadkar Posted at 2015-12-2 11:04
I have googled a bit today and it seems that across many forums it is accepted that the RC indeed  ...

Stock, came with the P3A
2015-12-2
Use props
Rigworker
First Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-1 17:08

Since always with my Samsung tablet.  Part of USB spec I believe. My ipad wont charge with anything but an apple charger So the remote wont charge it.
2015-12-2
Use props
Rigworker
First Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

draadkar Posted at 2015-12-2 10:04
I have googled a bit today and it seems that across many forums it is accepted that the RC indeed  ...

Off topic but are you really in Nigeria? I worked there for many years. Port Harcourt area mostly.
2015-12-2
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

Rigworker Posted at 2015-12-3 06:11
Off topic but are you really in Nigeria? I worked there for many years. Port Harcourt area mostly.

Yes. Stationed in Lagos. travel between Lagos, Kano, Calabar and Ibadan.
2015-12-2
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-2 23:05
Stock, came with the P3A

I have checked my A5 and S6 edge. both are also being charged. The S6 actually reports being charged at a low rate and that i should connect the charger to charge faster.
2015-12-2
Use props
mcc-dc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I found that using the simulator takes the battery down
2016-3-17
Use props
bmelless
lvl.1
Canada

mcc-dc@o2.co.uk Posted at 2016-3-17 04:07
I found that using the simulator takes the battery down

Thank you, now that's an idea that's worthwhile. Deplete your battery while learning. What a concept!!

Bud
2016-9-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

My experience is that the RC really just maintains the tablet/phone. Doesn't really add to the battery charge level but keeps it from discharging while flying.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules