Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Coverage area for vertical photos
774 0 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wingingit
lvl.1

United States

I have an S1000+ with GH4 and an Olympus ED12mm f2.0 lens.  My initial plan was to do real estate photos and explore other avenues as they came up.  Well, the first additional avenue that has come up is working with a friend that has a survey company.  He asked what amount of area would be contained in a photo taken from 100'AGL, 150'AGL, ETC.
Olympus had no idea, so I'm hoping that someone that is currently doing this might have the answer.  He needs to know how many shots it would take to cover 1,000 linear feet with some excess area that would be trimmed in post. So knowing the area in a single frame gives us an idea.

I'm far from the sharpest pencil in the drawer but one idea I have would be to take aim horizontally at a very large building and measure the outer horizontal edges of the framed image?

Another idea would be to hover at different altitudes with an object in the image on the ground of a known length.  

Any ideas anyone can pass on would be greatly appreciated.  I've been thinking in terms of oblique photos and hadn't really considered specific area covered by a vertical photo.

2015-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules