Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Focus Motor Not Powering
2383 4 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shaungish
lvl.1

United States

I've already posted a trouble ticket but I haven't seen a response so I'm hoping that maybe someone on here can be helpful.

I received a DJI Focus and the motor will not power up with the provided PTap cables (or with the provided data cable - not sure if the data cable and PTap need to be connected at the same time or not).

The motor LEDs don't do anything when power is provided to the motor (I've tried the two provided PTap cables and multiple batteries).  I have the PTap cable plugged in the correct way as far as I can tell (and the manual says that it has reverse polarity protection).

Anything I can try?  Anyone have any experience with the unit?  I'm making the assumption that the motor LEDs will turn on and blink as soon as the unit is plugged in but I can't tell if that's actually the case.  The pairing procedure also fails if I try it.

Thoughts?

2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Can you please check whether you plug correctly?  the positive and negative pole on the power plug of motor should be on corresponding positive and negative pole on ronin
Did you see a cross on the screen of controller at the left hand side?
2015-12-2
Use props
shaungish
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-12-2 17:17
Can you please check whether you plug correctly?  the positive and negative pole on the power plug o ...

The polarity of the connectors was correct and I connected them the correct way.  There was no plus on the screen.
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

shaungish@gmail Posted at 2015-12-2 22:23
The polarity of the connectors was correct and I connected them the correct way.  There was no plu ...

Did you install the DJI Focus on your Ronin/Ronin-M? Or if you mount on any other device, make sure the Working Voltage is 9-16 VConnect the data cable from the motor to the remote controller, and try the calibration to see if the motor runs

2015-12-3
Use props
STEP
lvl.1

Italy

shaungish@gmail Posted at 2015-12-2 15:23
The polarity of the connectors was correct and I connected them the correct way.  There was no plu ...

Hi Shaungish. Did you solved? Are you ok with your DJI FOCUS unit? I'm curious because the assistance keep on sending me defective units.
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules