Panorama Photo on contrast location: FAIL!
1002 10 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Last week I use my Osmo to take panoramic photography of location, for surveying purposes, but seems it fail to process a super contrast location and I got overbright result.
Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m08mij6absdokbt/PanoramaFAIL.zip?dl=0

Here's the location:

First photo sets in ZIP (100_0046) is taken in the center of pillar as seen in 00:33 video.
For the second and third sets, I stand in the center, just like in 00:19 video, try take twice. Even though I pointed to the bright part first time, it didn't work.

Perhaps you can do something with this...

Set
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, we're analyzing your files, I will give you feedback soon.
2015-12-1
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

Forgot to upload the screenshot of the panorama files...

Set

Preview Panorama

Preview Panorama
2015-12-2
Use props
shawnide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55341 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Setiawan3d!

Is there a manual Photo setting on the OSMO?  If so, look at what the settings are for the inside on auto, then switch over to manual and lock those settings in.  Take your pano.  Then in the same location, point at the outside in auto, note the settings, switch over to manual and lock them in.  Take another pano.  Stitch them separately, then combine them as an HDR.

I hope that helps.
2015-12-2
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

shawnide Posted at 2015-12-2 23:03
Hello Setiawan3d!

Is there a manual Photo setting on the OSMO?  If so, look at what the settings ar ...

Hi shawnide, thanks for input...

Will try it next time.

Thanks,

Set
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-4 09:42

Will try it next time.

What is your firmware version? Please try to update to the latest version . v.1.2.1.60.
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-4 09:42

Will try it next time.

About the overexposure, have you tried to upgrade the firmware and test it again?
2015-12-10
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

hi Amy, sorry, I haven't try doing firmware upgrade and retest this.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-10 16:35
hi Amy, sorry, I haven't try doing firmware upgrade and retest this.

Hi.for PanoramaFail.jpg 1
AE will be locked according to the first pano pic to make sure the pics can be stitched to generate a pano picture.

for PanoramaFail.jpg 2 and 3
Could u plz try manul mode in exposure setting when taking pano.
    I guess the u may be in Auto mode.
    The liveview cannot reflect true expo setting for auto/shutter expo mode in current version ios app. (the fixed app will be released soon).

2015-12-10
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

Hi there Amy & Ytao,
Yesterday, during the event, I tried the panorama function, just after read Ytao's suggestion here.

So in this situation, the location is indoor ballroom, prepare for fashion show, the environment's lighting is extremely contrast, with extremely bright LED screen, while the other area is dark.

So, for the first panorama attempt (1200264096.jpg), I change to manual mode, lock the setting to prevent the LED's content being clipped white. While rotating and take each photograph, the remaining area without LED area remains black in preview.
The secondary attempt (1200264192.jpg), I set auto, while rotating, and take each photograph, the camera adjusting level for the remaining area without LED.
The third attempt (1200264239.jpg), similar auto mode, but for curiousity, I start my position on pointing the dark area (opposed to bright LED area on the first and second attempt), and start photograph on pointing the LED screen. The preview's Level adjustment can be seen adjusted.

Perhaps indoor and outdoor panorama shots are different, but for now, that's what I got,
I'll let you know when I found something more.

Set
DJIPANO_1200264096.jpg
DJIPANO_1200264192.jpg
DJIPANO_1200264239.jpg
2015-12-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-11 23:29
Hi there Amy & Ytao,
Yesterday, during the event, I tried the panorama function, just after read Yta ...

Are you asking when the photo will be adjusted?

If u choose awb, White balance will automatically change when doing pano.
If you choose other wb setting,  wb value will be fixed.

the original separated photos have expo info in the photo file. u may check or send to us if u feel the expo is not correct.
2015-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules