adjusting sensitivity of control sticks
10096 9 2015-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the control sticks?  I hope you understand what I mean.

2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Milbear
Please click the icon near the Homepage .And you'll find a "Gain& Expo Tuning" in the "Mc Settings" . Get into the "Gain& Expo Tuning" and you'll find what you need .
2015-12-1
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

After looking at pictures on line in side the RC there are screw adjustment to change the spring tension on the control sticks also. To do that one would half to remove the back of the RC. DJI should have made direct hole placement over the adjusting screws for each control stick to change the tension and feel for each control stick. Most good RC transmitters allow one to change that spring tension.
2015-12-2
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Thank you . I'll look into both suggestions ....
2015-12-2
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

milbear Posted at 2015-12-2 12:50
Thank you . I'll look into both suggestions ....

Stick with the app gain & expo settings thats why their there.Messing around inside the rc not practicle

2015-12-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want to slow the inputs down, in that Gain and Expo Tuning screen just swipe your finger from the middle of each box to the bottom right and it will go to .20 or just enter .020 in each box.
That's as mellow as the craft can be.
Also, you can slow the braking down by scrolling the menu further down. Then it won't stop so sudden when you let go of the sticks.
2015-12-2
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>

make sure you write down settings before changing them in case you want to go back to them later.
2015-12-2
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>

make sure you write down settings before changing them in case you want to go back to them later.
2015-12-2
Use props
djiuser_mM8SVAT5NJa5
New
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-1 23:29
Hi ,Milbear
Please click the icon near the Homepage .And you'll find a "Gain& Expo Tuning" in the "Mc Settings" . Get into the "Gain& Expo Tuning" and you'll find what you need .

Can you be more specific where to find this setting?   I have a Phantom4 Pro+ V2.0 and I'm looking to soften my stick settings to slow / smooth them
2019-1-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mM8SVAT5NJa5 Posted at 1-4 11:09
Can you be more specific where to find this setting?   I have a Phantom4 Pro+ V2.0 and I'm looking to soften my stick settings to slow / smooth them

Aloha mM8SVAT5NJa5,

After you have started up your system, go into the DJI GO 4 app "Live View" (Camera View).  In the upper right corner is a three lines icon.  Tap it.  This will bring up the "General Settings".  In the left column at the top is an Icon that looks like a quadcopter, tap that icon to get to the "Main Controller" settings.  

In the "Controller" settings, go all the way to the bottom and tap "Advanced Settings".  Look for "Gain & EXPO Tuning".  Select EXP.  EXP will look like three graphs with a number below each one.  Tapping the number will bring up a "Key Pad" so you can enter a number that will allow you to change the sensitivity of the stick for each of the three types of movement.  (You can also use your finger to manually move the graph line to a curve you like but be sure to test it to see if you like the result.)

YAW is going to be the most important setting (middle graph) and putting it at 0.20 or 0.25 will give you a nice curve for good control (the same curve works well on the other two).  Remember that you can also make changes for the "Sport" Mode setting - choose the same one (0.20-0.25).  Just flip the toggle on the upper left side of the top of the controller between Sport (S) and "P" Mode.

It will also help you a lot if you review or read the P4 Pro Manual (the link is below).

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Most of us helping others on the Forum here have read the manual many times.

It will also help you a lot if you review or read the DJI GO 4 Online Manual (the link is below).

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118397

Hope this helps!

If you have more questions, you may want to start a new thread.  This thread is three years old.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules