Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Post-production Tutorial] AEB Bracketing (Creating HDR shoot)
123Next >
89645 87 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guderian
lvl.2

France

Hi Tim,

HDR in combination of Pano is great - but the flight time is getting critical by manuel positioning each single pano picture/row. For more dynamicand resolution I used the dng/raw files of my phantom.

Here my first results:

HDR
http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0015-3_6-3_7-2_tonemapped

http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0041_2_3_4_5_tonemapped

http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0016_17_18_19_20_fused

http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0021_2_3_4_5_tonemapped

http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0009-2_10-2_11-2_tonemapped

HDR and pano:
http://www.skypixel.com/photos/dji_0004-panorama

http://www.skypixel.com/photos/g ... _dji_0080-45-images

Best,
Steffen

2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Guderian Posted at 2015-12-27 13:08
Hi Tim,

HDR in combination of Pano is great - but the flight time is getting critical by manuel pos ...

Very beautiful! Only the last panorama got this difference of the colors, probably because you was shooting in a auto mode
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Guderian Posted at 2015-12-27 13:08
Hi Tim,

HDR in combination of Pano is great - but the flight time is getting critical by manuel pos ...

BTW
Do you live in Shenzhen as well?  you was shooting in the area so close to the place I live!
2015-12-26
Use props
Guderian
lvl.2

Germany

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 06:18
BTW
Do you live in Shenzhen as well?  you was shooting in the area so close to the place I live!

Hi Tim,

I´m living in Shekou, close to Seaworld.

You´re right. Last picture was in auto mode and also there was some haze in the air.  But I will try this next time with better weather conditions.

Best,
Steffen
2015-12-26
Use props
Ice_Nine
lvl.1

United States

Great post! Very helpful... Thank you! Here is my first HDR with P3S using Photoshop CCs Automate/Merge To HDR Pro feature.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ice_Nine Posted at 2015-12-29 03:03
Great post! Very helpful... Thank you! Here is my first HDR with P3S using Photoshop CCs Automate/Me ...

very beautiful! so much better then it could be without HDR
2015-12-28
Use props
DL pilot cadet
lvl.2
Australia

Great insight to the HDR feature, thanks.

1. Is this the method to get the highest resolution image from the camera?
2. Am I missing/overlooking anything, photography isn't my forte, but I'm loving what the P3 can do, I do use a polarising filter BTW.
3. Is there any other free HDR image processor out there (windows)? I can't find the GUI one and others I tried have the feature locked in trial mode...

Reason I ask is that the AEB images are 4000*2250 pixels, awesome for zoom and crop. Previously I was videoing all flights, then using VLC to take screen shots of the image/frame I wanted at a very nice 2704*1520, which I thought would be better than 1080*? from a single photo which I figure is standard 12MP HD.

I have the Advanced. Cheers!

Edit- found the answers here, sorry. - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=34820

2015-12-29
Use props
sifu128
lvl.4

United States

Here is my first attempt with the drone.
Arial Evening Shot Web.jpg
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sifu128 Posted at 2015-12-31 03:01
Here is my first attempt with the drone.

Looks nice, I like those lights.
Another thing i'd like to mention is that the main idea of HDR  to have very dark and very bright  spots on a photo, like land and sky , So HDR will create well exposed and deep image
2015-12-30
Use props
schwartz999
lvl.1

United States

Great post! Thanks for sharing it!
2016-1-1
Use props
Inspired Guy
lvl.1
United States

I frequently shoot HDR photos of real estate and regularly use the Photomatix HDR software. I use Photomatix because it is considered to be one of the best HDR programs and works excellent for me. Just recently upgraded to a Phantom 3, specifically for better aerial pics and video over the GoPro I was using.  The Phantom's ability to adjust my photo /video settings while flying was a huge draw. After reading through this thread I realized that many people associate HDR with photos that look unrealistic and in some cases even like paintings. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Photomatix has an array of settings most of which will give you that unrealistic look. But the settings I use are called Fusion Real Estate or Natural. With these settings I can obtain very realistic photos but with incredible dynamic range. The most difficult photo I shoot is an interior shot pointing directly a window with bright sunshine coming through and being able to capture everything inside the home as well as a crystal clear view of outside. Without using HDR this shot is impossible. Conventional cameras are just unable to capture the wide dynamic range of light. Many times there is a difference of 7 to 8 stops of light between the window and the homes interior. This shot requires eight different exposures to capture all the details from the darkest to lightest parts of the photo. Photomatix then combines the 8 photos into one which looks like what the human eye sees.

Shooting sunsets with the Phantom's AEB program for HDR photos was something I wanted to try. The first limitation I discovered was the Phantom's narrow range of bracketing exposures. A maximum of 5 shots spaced .7 stops apart is nowhere near enough to capture a bright sunset and also properly expose the foreground. With perhaps 7 shots and 1 stop spacing the Phantom could step into a whole other dimension of aerial camera. So if your listening DJI please consider expanding a really cool AEB feature to an awesome one.

2016-1-1
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Guderian Posted at 2015-12-27 05:08
Hi Tim,

What is the red and black disks under the engine mounts on the Phantom ?
2016-1-2
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tim,

Is there any possibility we could get the DJI Tech guys to make automatic single shots available every 2/ 3/ 4/ 5 seconds during the whole flight.

This would make life a whole lot easier when trying to record still images for 3D model purposes.

2016-1-2
Use props
Dwbsr
lvl.1
United States

very nice.I am new to flying with a camera should i buy photo shop or something similar learn how to use it or just use what came with the dji go app?
2016-1-2
Use props
paul
lvl.1

United States

For the best HDR and easiest app, see Aurora HDR http://aurorahdr.com. Blows Lightroom away. Very easy and powerful but Mac only. Sorry Windows users.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

paul@intershock Posted at 2016-1-4 06:07
For the best HDR and easiest app, see Aurora HDR http://aurorahdr.com. Blows Lightroom away. Very ea ...

Just bought it 2 days ago! yes, it is amazing!  
2016-1-3
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

paul@intershock Posted at 2016-1-4 09:07
For the best HDR and easiest app, see Aurora HDR http://aurorahdr.com. Blows Lightroom away. Very ea ...

Cool, I'll have to try it!  Thanks for the link.  
2016-1-15
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

This is great Tim, thanks for posting!  I have spent basically zero time with the still photo capabilities of the Inspire, this will be fun to play with!   Thanks again.
2016-1-15
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Guderian Posted at 2015-12-27 14:13
Hi Tim,

Nice to see someone else from Shenzhen with a DJI drone, you've flown at a few places I've been (I liked the hotel shot at Dameisha). I also have a few friends with Phantoms and other brands.

We should start a group or something!
2016-1-20
Use props
jobem
lvl.2

United States

My first HDR pic. A little noisey, but I like it OK.

DJI_0002_3_4_5_6_Painterly 4.jpg
2016-1-20
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.2

United States

My last Photograph with the Phantom 3 Pro before send it to the repair facility. ( HDR )  
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-2-1 01:52
My last Photograph with the Phantom 3 Pro before send it to the repair facility. ( HDR )

Beautiful! i hope you'll be back in the air very soon!
Just out of curiosity... Are those  birds coming from Photoshop?
2016-1-31
Use props
javierdesigns
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-31 21:32
Beautiful! i hope you'll be back in the air very soon!
Just out of curiosity... Are those  birds c ...

Yes and the tree too.

Photoshop cc & Lightroom.
2016-2-1
Use props
whytez
lvl.1
Canada

Get Aurora HDR for smooth blending on a Mac
2016-2-6
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.4

Australia

Thanks, great thread.

Just wondering how this differs from using a RAW format to adjust settings in post.
Are there more options with using AEB, compared to just using a RAW image?
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI_PILOT
lvl.1

United States

I have a feeling I will be downloading Photomaticx Pro when i get home to try this out. The end result I'm seeing on here is pretty amazing.
2016-3-14
Use props
flydodom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-1-31 17:52

This is awesome Javier! I think it has to be a good balance when it comes to HDR (keeping original photographic details) and I think you executed that in here very well.

I hope you get your bird back, may I ask what happened?
2016-3-14
Use props
shadyzee
lvl.2

here is my first try, thanks a lot.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

shadyzee Posted at 2016-4-26 10:42
here is my first try, thanks a lot.

Can't see your picture
2016-4-25
Use props
shadyzee
lvl.2

how to upload it !? sorry new here.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

shadyzee Posted at 2016-4-26 12:14
how to upload it !? sorry new here.

Click on Advanced button in the upper right corner of comment window, then choose the Picture=>Upload
2016-4-25
Use props
shadyzee
lvl.2

Here it is.
DJI_0009_10_11_12_13_tonemapped2.jpg
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

cool man! I love the colors,
i would also it give it a quick shot of denoise in LR
2016-4-26
Use props
Thunderbird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Love the colors
thanks for the Tut
software is $99
2016-5-3
Use props
stigjohan76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1318976 ft
Thailand

Nice tutorial.  
I just bought a Phantom 4 and did a HDR shot with post processing from my balcony.  
Hmm, wrong resolution.
I will upload a better quality one when i arrive home
image.jpeg
2016-6-8
Use props
ezdrew430
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195151 ft

Does the P3S have this AEB feature? This is an awesome tutorial.
2016-6-12
Use props
DroneToTheMAX
lvl.2

United States

Nice tutorial
2016-6-27
Use props
shadyzee
lvl.2
United States

here is some try over key west florida
DJI_0009_10_11_12_13_14_tonemapped2.jpg
2016-7-4
Use props
ricksouza76
New
United Kingdom

Guderian Posted at 2015-12-27 07:13
Hi Tim,

Hi, if you are shooting DNGs and editing on LightRoom, try the Dehaze slider...
2016-7-8
Use props
ricksouza76
New
United Kingdom

Inspired Guy Posted at 2016-1-1 16:03
I frequently shoot HDR photos of real estate and regularly use the Photomatix HDR software. I use Ph ...

Hey, I'd be most interested in seeing what kind of results you are getting with your Interiors.  Would you share the link for your website or online gallery with samples of your work? I am thinking of getting the Osmo to do 360 panos with AEB or HDR.  I currently process my HDR with LR, but will also check AuroraHDR trial version to see what it is like.
Tks
Rick
2016-7-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules