New microSD Card not being read by camera
4806 6 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rahul.rathi
New

United States

I tried two new microSD cards (SanDisk, 32 GB, C10, U1). The camera on the phantom keeps initializing the card, and after a minute or two gives SD card error. The 8GB card that came with the phantom works fine.
-Can't format the card using the GO app, as the camera does not read it. Just says, SD card initializing, then SD card error.  
-Formatted the card on a PC and also a Mac (FAT32), and then inserted into the phantom, nothing happens, still sd card error.
-The cards were not fake as I tested using the H2testw.
-Also formatted using the SD card formatter. -Both Cards worked fine in my SLR using the adpter that came with the microSD card.

-DJI is not responding to my problem either!

2015-12-2
Use props
scottdrmyers
lvl.2

Canada

Try this on your PC:

1. Put card in PC. (Assuming Windows XP, 7, 8, Windows 10).
2. Open Command Prompt *as Admin*.
3. Type diskpart
4. Hit Enter.
5. Type list disk
6. Hit Enter.
7. type select disk #

Where the # is your SDCARD.

8. Press Enter.
9. Type clean
10. Press Enter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 2s/view?usp=sharing

Open Administrative Tools from Control Panel in Windows. Navigate to Disk Management -> Storage. Right click on your SDCARD blank partition and create a new partition. Format as Fat32 if possible. If not, use EXFAT.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... E0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... G8/view?usp=sharing

If you format on a MAC, sometime it will add a GPT partition. This will cause issues. The above commands will get rid of that and fix it if thats the cause.
2015-12-2
Use props
rahul.rathi
New

United States

Did everything you suggested. But still the same: Invalid SD card.
2015-12-2
Use props
rahul.rathi
New

United States

Bought a new card : Samsung Evo from local store. It worked fine. Looks like despite H2testw saying the card was normal, the card might have been fake.

Thanks scottdrmyers, definitely a great way to format the cards.
The SanDisk card came in a packaging that could be easily ripped open by hand (fake), but the new card packaging could only be opened by scissors (genuine).
2015-12-2
Use props
scottdrmyers
lvl.2

Canada

rahul.rathi Posted at 2015-12-2 15:56
Bought a new card : Samsung Evo from local store. It worked fine. Looks like despite H2testw saying  ...

Awesome, glad you got it resolved.

Yeah I always format my SDCards this way because then I know it's removing all other partitions.
2015-12-3
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

It appears that some of the micro SD card slots are a bit sticky.  I'm familiar with the install and removal process of SD cards as I have them in many devices.  Mine was stuck so I used a dental pick to carefully remove it.  Now it inserts and removes with the standard process.  However, I installed a new Sandisk Ultra 64GB card and the system shows "SD Card initializing" then says "SD card error. Please replace it."  I tried the process of inserting and removing several times, turned off and on the bird, controller, iPad, to no avail.  Any ideas or experiences?
2015-12-9
Use props
ilsaarin
New
Flight distance : 52339 ft
Finland

This was an excellent advice! I just managed to bring my 64Gb card back to life with these instruction.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules