DJI Go app for windows 10 devices
35688 20 2015-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deymosdj
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I got a new Lumia 950 with windows 10, i would like to know if it will be avalable DJI GO app for windows platoform, i would liek to use it with my DJI Osmo
2015-12-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, currently there's no Windows Go app. it would be cool if there was.
2015-12-4
Use props
theglob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179442 ft
United States

I went to Andriod after being a Windows Phone user for 2 years. I was fed up with barely any apps working, and when one did, it always just seemed like a bootleg version of the app available for iOS or Android. I wouldn't hold your breaht for any Windows Phone app to come out, let alone work.
2015-12-4
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

It sure would be nice to actually be able to see your bird on a big screen rather than a iPad or something. The simulator is a good idea but if you go more than about 20' away you can't tell which way it's pointed let alone barely see it.
2015-12-9
Use props
k9quarz
lvl.1

United States

So if I am on a Windows platform for logs and such, I guess you can't connect the RC or Aircraft to my computer? Does everything have to go through a iOS or Android platform? Manual says you can see the flight recorder by using the micro usb on the remote then attach to computer??? Sorry but I am confused.
2015-12-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Windows is dead, nice phones but not many people use then so developers dont waste there time making apps for them
2015-12-18
Use props
dru1967
New

United States

One UAP application can run on all windows 10 devices.  So it makes since that you would finally make an app.  Even if you don't think the windows phone platform is worth the effort, there are tons of windows 10 tablets and laptops that people would really like to use with this.
2016-2-5
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Yepp, i would be glad to have app for Win 10. Most of my devices are Win10. I am using android only for Dji.
2016-2-7
Use props
Attila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801 ft
Iceland

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-2-7 09:12
Yepp, i would be glad to have app for Win 10. Most of my devices are Win10. I am using android only  ...

Same here , would love to have windows app,   i sent email to support requesting support for windows and i hope everybody who wants app for windows send them email
2016-2-22
Use props
lansleys
New

South Africa

Attila Posted at 2016-2-22 22:44
Same here , would love to have windows app,   i sent email to support requesting support for windo ...

Found an app on the windows store DJI Vision. Installed it on my Lumia 950xl and laptop. On the laptop I can go into the Camera section but when I connect to my DJI vision 2 it the app closes. On the phone all I can get into is the preflight checklist. Touch the other icon and nothing happens.
2016-3-24
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Window devices - didn't know people use them still :-)

Google Nexus II awesome tablet for the price and fully compliant with the DJI Go App
2016-3-24
Use props
davebwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7323 ft
United States

lansleys@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-24 06:25
Found an app on the windows store DJI Vision. Installed it on my Lumia 950xl and laptop. On the la ...

Yes < I too tried on my Lumia 950, tec support saod they are working on the DJI Go App for windows phones , BUT no leadtime...
2016-5-23
Use props
davebwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7323 ft
United States

R&amp;L  Aerial Posted at 2015-12-18 21:08
Windows is dead, nice phones but not many people use then so developers dont waste there time making ...

Its Not dead there are millions of them out there, and lots of the Windows phone users are technical, and are candidates for buying drones..myself included. I think the ratio of candidates to buy on windows phones is greater than other platforms. thats what developers need to look at for these kind of products. not just Mass numbers
2016-5-23
Use props
Mikemr
New

Canada

I'm planning on getting a DJI phantom 3 standard , dont have tablet and dont want to use phone. Amazone have table that are 5 to 7 inch for lest than $100 what  is the minimum Android version( Android 5.1 Lollipop,  Android 4.4) required they all have WIFI. Tank you
2017-3-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mikemr Posted at 2017-3-15 06:23
I'm planning on getting a DJI phantom 3 standard , dont have tablet and dont want to use phone. Amazone have table that are 5 to 7 inch for lest than $100 what  is the minimum Android version( Android 5.1 Lollipop,  Android 4.4) required they all have WIFI. Tank you

It's not the version of Android that matters, it's is the tablet powerful enough to run the app properly.
Most of the complaints about the app are from users trying to run it on substandard tablets.
2017-3-15
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

The current Go APP for Android requires Android version 4.2 or higher.  To be on the safest side I recommend nothing less than Android 4.4 with 5.0 being better.  Do not go higher than 6.0 as 7.0 has some reported issues with the Go APP.  As Labroides cites above; the Android device is doing several tasks at the same time.  Live video feed back from the Phantom, flight telemetry from the Phantom and when the soft buttons are used the Android device has to coordinate with the remote control to send the command to the Phantom.  So, while the version of Android is important it is equally important to buy a tablet with enough processing capacity.  For $200 you can get an Nvidia Shield K1 with powerful processing capabilities, a screen that can be adjusted for the best outside viewing and it does not have bloat ware loaded so keeping the tablet lean and mean is not hard.  
2017-3-15
Use props
AussieMatt
New
Australia

I love windows phone, and i am lucky as even without the apps i can still use it as i got two phones, so yes i still get a lot of use out of it with out the leading apps, but no i could not go without Iphone who does have support for leading apps, especially in China. Now i understand app developers are not going to waste time when Microsoft themselves are not going to support their own brilliant technical and usability innovations, however much they failed themselves socially and with key business moves. But many still use windows on the computer and would like to edit and use parts of the DJI Go 4 app on PC, so we hope you can make one for PC, that would be great, mainly for editing functions, maybe an advance one, hell i would even pay if it was as easy to use, with a bit more functionality than the phone app. Some suggestion is for PC let us do the panoramic stitching, edit the automatic edited videos, time length for each frame and speed of shot for each frame, and finally add some frame edits for 4k down to 1080p (move frame to suggest where you really want it to show at 1080p).
2018-3-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
Spain

I use Chuwi HI 10 pRO 64 Gb /4Gb RAM... Android & Win 10 ... totally compatible with Dji apps ( only android of course) ...136 Euros

I use win 10 in this tab to edit videos in Sony vegas
2018-3-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

It is not the Android version but the RAM / ROM and processor that determines its performance ... its basically about ability to swap across the actions fast enough and accurately without dropping chunks of data.

The biggest killer is the ability to process Video Feed and display. The command side is not a great load as it's just pushing coded stream on the wifi carrier to the Controller. BUT if the tablet is working hard to process the video stream and little left for command coding ... you get problems.

You can have huge ROM / RAM but if processor is old - then you will have problems.

I use the Nexus vers2 16Gb tablet ... about $150 refurb online ... and I have very good use from it .. Standard and Pro P3 ..... recently I do at times wonder whether I should look at a newer more powerful model. With later GO .... I think DJI are getting as bad as Microsoft - overloading programs and assuming users are with latest gear to run it.

As to original question about Windows ? I use Android Phones and Tablets ... but still think DJI decision to not provide Win version is a bit blinkered .... of course DJI appears more orientated towards IOS (Apple) and that I have to admit annoys me as I have absolutely no intention of bending over and getting ******* by Apple !

Nigel
2018-3-29
Use props
Niclas3er
New
Flight distance : 118514 ft
Germany

DJI and Microsoft anounced a new partnership on the Microsoft Build two days ago. Perhaps DJI will release a DJI GO UWP for the Windows Store. I think it would be awesome to use DJI GO on your Surface Pro.
2018-5-9
Use props
nalasha79
New

United States

Niclas3er Posted at 2018-5-9 07:35
DJI and Microsoft anounced a new partnership on the Microsoft Build two days ago. Perhaps DJI will release a DJI GO UWP for the Windows Store. I think it would be awesome to use DJI GO on your Surface Pro.

I was so excited to hear about their partnership too!!! I am hoping to use my Samsung AR Windows 10 setup with my Mavic Pro; hopefully VERY soon!
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules