Camera problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

So yesterday I went out flying with my drone and after downloading the pictures I noticed almost all of them were just bright and double-layered except for 3 of them taken at the end of the flight they were only double-layered. So I decided to power it on and take some more pics right in front of my door just to be sure I didn't accidentaly messed up camera settings in mid-flight. To my surprise those pictures were also messed up. Took the bird to my local dealer and showed them my problem and they replaced my P3S with a new P3S. Is the camera buggy or is there something else I should know before taking pictures ?

Examples:

After take-off

After take-off

Last picture

Last picture
2015-12-3
Use props
rene.vandermeer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello txpander,

I looks like your camera was broken. Good that the dealer swapped it.
I have less good experiences with my (dutch) dealer.
2015-12-3
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

if you read carefully the forum in the help section you will see how many have a problem with the gimball or with the room, if this is done under warranty and will be replaced is a miracle, but prepared the problem could recur, a currency board can just change brand
2015-12-3
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

I got mine from Foka and I'm very happy with the customer service. The store was closed since I was 5 minutes late, but after some waving they welcomed me inside and within 10 minutes I got my drone replaced. Now I have to test the new drone within 8 days and if there is something wrong with it they will replace it again. Still haven't tested the replaced version, battery and RC are charging. But I really want to know what caused the strange camera behavior since all pictures were taken with default settings and I didn't play with the ISO wheel on right front.
2015-12-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

txpander Posted at 2015-12-3 12:19
I got mine from Foka and I'm very happy with the customer service. The store was closed since I was  ...

Looks like camera sensor fault
2015-12-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Camera settings?  Your top one is over exposed.  Something sure isn't right.  Try the replacement at home before you fly and see what it does.
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
That's really weird . Glad you've replaced it . But this is really a rare problem . For your own benefits , please check that again .
2015-12-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

No offense to all the pro and semi-pro photographers out there,  But I think those shots look cool as hell.  Of course,  I grew up in the 60's so many of my memories feature double vision.
2015-12-3
Use props
txpander
lvl.2

Netherlands

So, I tested the new drone and pis are posted in a new thread
2015-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules