5434 27 2015-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 374331 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased the Inspire 1 and was able to update the firmware on the aircraft, batteries, and one controller (to the latest version).  The 2nd controller won't update, whether using an SD card, USB stick, or connecting to the gimbal.  No log files are generated at all via the SD card.  When I use the USB stick, I get an error message stating that the firmware is the same or older (see below).  When I connect to the DJI Go app, it states the controller needs to be updated, and that the current firmware version is 1.2.0.17.  Anybody else run into this?

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.Result: AbortPacket: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,==========2015.12.03 20:40:20==========

Thanks is Advance,
Drew
2015-12-3
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-36280-1-1.html  go to about the 4:30 minute mark
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Drew
This log states you've updated successfully . Please check if your APP version is the latest . Thanks !
2015-12-3
Use props
drewch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, that video doesn't help since you can't download the firmware through the app unless you're above firmware version 1.3.  As stated, the app indicates that my firmware is 1.2.0.17, and directs me to use an SD card or memory stick.

Patrick, the app is the latest version.  I realize that the log says it has the latest firmware, but the DJI Go app states that the firmware is a lower version and requires an update.  I'm not certain that log states a successful update, as it says the process was aborted due to identical firmware.
2015-12-4
Use props
drewch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Screenshots
2015-12-4
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Where in the US do you live?  Maybe you are close enough to someone who can maybe help.
2015-12-4
Use props
drewch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I found the problem.  You can't go directly from 1.2 to 1.4.  You have to update to 1.3 first.  This seems like a pretty crucial bit of information that should be mentioned somewhere in the documentation.  It wouldn't hurt to have an accurate message generated in the log file too.
2015-12-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

drewch@gmail.co Posted at 2015-12-4 09:28
I found the problem.  You can't go directly from 1.2 to 1.4.  You have to update to 1.3 first.  This ...

Glad to hear you have this solved... Now back to flying

Rich
2015-12-4
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hello, please where can I get inspire 1 firmware v1.3? My controllers are still in 1.2 and I can't update them directly to v1.4. My inspire 1 drone is already updated to 1.4 I guess but now I can;t connect with controllers to drone cause the firmware version I think. It is possible to donwload 1.3 or is there another way how to update my controllers to 1.4? Thanks in advance.
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 04:23
Hello, please where can I get inspire 1 firmware v1.3? My controllers are still in 1.2 and I can't update them directly to v1.4. My inspire 1 drone is already updated to 1.4 I guess but now I can;t connect with controllers to drone cause the firmware version I think. It is possible to donwload 1.3 or is there another way how to update my controllers to 1.4? Thanks in advance.

Here is the 1.3 file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0scyv ... JxMdkUQD5lTepa?dl=0

Now you will load this file to a thumb drive that has been formatted , do Not Fast Format , do it the standard  way .  make sure that the "Bin " file is the Only thing on the Thumb drive .

Now install the thumb drive to the RC with the 1.3 bin file on it and THEN TURN ON THE RC TRANSMITTER .  (Make sure the Aircraft is off.)  It will make some beeping sounds , this may take up to about a half hour .  I will give a link that goes into more detail about updating with thumb drive .
Bricked RC Transmitter? Try updating with thumb drive or SD adapter.

Just be sure once you get 1.3 loaded that you use the go app to update to the latest version of firmware .

Once you get the RC transmitter loaded with version 1.3 then after that all updates are done to the Rc transmitter via a Wi Fi internet signal to the Go app .  this will be the last time you update via a thumb drive to the Rc transmitter .  ( now there are certain situations if you bricked the RC transmitter that you could use special files to update the RC transmitter , but for the most part 99% of the time use the go app with a internet connection .
Also keep in mind you ALWAYS want to update the Aircraft FIRST . So if your AC is already updated to the latest FW you will be fine  loading the RC to the latest RC firmware as well.  

donnie

2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 04:23

Now after you get the RC  transmitter updated to version 1.3 you will want to update the aircraft to version 1.10, The latest Firmware.  Once you do that then update the Rc transmitter to version 1.7

Here is a tips page to help you out , be sure to read it before proceeding .
Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter

Make SURE THE RC IS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE AIRCRAFT AND ALSO THE AIRCRAFT IS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE RC TRANSMITTER .THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
watch the video belwo as well

Upgrading Firmware on the Inspire 1

Also you tube has many videos that you can look up if you need more in depth help

DONNIE

2017-7-11
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 04:40
Now after you get the RC  transmitter updated to version 1.3 you will want to update the aircraft to version 1.10, The latest Firmware.  Once you do that then update the Rc transmitter to version 1.7

Here is a tips page to help you out , be sure to read it before proceeding .

thanks many times for your reply. But I dont know if I'm dump or if Im doing something wrong... But when I insert the usb with the v1.3 firmware, nothing happens. Just 4 white leds and 1 red led keep on all the time. I have updated my drone yesterday to the latest firmware and everything is ok! Only the controllers are still in the 1.2 and nothing just happens when I insert usb with the latest firmware or with v1.3 firmware. What the hell?!

Thanks for the reply. I'm really confused.
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 06:17
thanks many times for your reply. But I dont know if I'm dump or if Im doing something wrong... But when I insert the usb with the v1.3 firmware, nothing happens. Just 4 white leds and 1 red led keep on all the time. I have updated my drone yesterday to the latest firmware and everything is ok! Only the controllers are still in the 1.2 and nothing just happens when I insert usb with the latest firmware or with v1.3 firmware. What the hell?!

Are you sure just the Bin file is on the Thumb drive ?  
Do you know EXACTLY WHAT VERSION IS ON THE RC NOW ???  If so please tell me .

Are you loading it like I said?  RC off install thumb drive then power up ?

Can you try another thumb drive device ?
OR THIS COULD BE THE PROBLEM :   
Just wondering If you have the Original Firmware on there and NEVER been updated, If so go to this link and Load the bin file only from the second update 1.2.1.06. (DATED 2015-05-26)  and do the same procedure , then if this loads you will need to go to 1.3 AFER THIS .

http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

donnie

2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 06:17

also notice you said the Aircraft is loaded with the latest Firmware, that would be version Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3)
2017-07-10.  Not 1.4.

So are you sure you are on the latest version on the aircraft ?

I just bring this up because we DO NOT WANT TO GET THE RC TRANSMITTER AHEAD OF THE AIRCRAFT

doinnie
2017-7-11
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 06:40
also notice you said the Aircraft is loaded with the latest Firmware, that would be version Inspire 1 Firmware v01.11.01.50 (X3)
2017-07-10.  Not 1.4.

hm... This is strange, because my transmitter (controller) won't update the firmware from USB. I've also tried to load the firmware from the SD micro card from the drone camera... But nothing. I've also downloaded the version from your link (2015-05-26 ) and nothing as always... Maybe I have an old type of controller? Or is there any other way how to start updating controller manually?

Yes I have updated my drone to the LATEST firmware from the dji go main page. But I cant check what's the current version because any of my controllers cant connect to the drone. This is really strange.
2017-7-11
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

I did exact the same steps as it is written in the manual

- Got the formatted FAT32 usb
- USB contains only BIN file of the firmware version

I have also tried 3 different usbs and still nothing. Maybe I will contact the service to check the controller. But I promise I was flying with the dron 2 days ago and everything was OK! And after that I noticed that the update is required so I followed the steps and I have stucked here - controllers wont be updated.
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 07:01
I did exact the same steps as it is written in the manual

- Got the formatted FAT32 usb

How do you know you are on version 1.2  on the RC transmitter ?   If you plug in the RC transmiter to the go app and go to the "About " tab on the very bottom of general settings , what does it say ? I need to know the exact version of Firmware , PLEASE LIST IT FOR ME .

When you updated the aircraft are you sure that it was a success ?? did you pull the Sd card and put it in the computer and see the "success" message ?  What version of Fw did you install on the Aircraft
1.11 or 1.4 or what ?
are you using a PC or MAC to load the Bin file , Use  a PC if you can and be sure  the thumb drive is formatted.  Once again ONLY the BIN file on the thumb drive .

donnie

donnie

2017-7-11
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 07:13
How do you know you are on version 1.2  on the RC transmitter ?   If you plug in the RC transmiter to the go app and go to the "About " tab on the very bottom of general settings , what does it say ? I need to know the exact version of Firmware , PLEASE LIST IT FOR ME .

okay so now I've successfully updated my 1st controller to the version 1.7.80. But I have also second controller which is still in an old version...

Versions:
My aircraft [inspire 1] version: 1.11.01.50
My 1st controller version: 1.7.80
App version: 3.1.13

The second controller works but my ipad can't recognize him. When I turn on the controller, it beeps twice and then turn to red for 4 seconds and then turn to purple... And I have no idea why.

Anyway thanks many times for paying an attention!
2017-7-11
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-11 07:13

And the problem before was that I was formatting my usb by FAST formatting not slow formatting. So I had to disable FAST formatting... Very detailed problem... lol
2017-7-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-11 08:52
And the problem before was that I was formatting my usb by FAST formatting  not slow formatting. So I had to disable FAST formatting... Very detailed problem... lol

Ok, so you have  one of the RC transmitters working but Not the other is that correct ?

When you hook up the I pad to the RC transmitter does it say in white letters with grey background " disconnected " Or does it say "Aircraft Disconnected " with white letters and red Background .

If it says disconnected then the RC and the Go app are Not connected , you may have a bad cable between them.

Did this other RC work fine before ?  Were you using it as a Slave for a Camera operator ?  

The purple may just indicate that it is in slave Mode and not set to master .  Is this the way you had it set up before ?

Were you able to update  both Transmiters to the latest Firmware ?

donnie

2017-7-12
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-12 05:17
Ok, so you have  one of the RC transmitters working but Not the other is that correct ?

When you hook up the I pad to the RC transmitter does it say in white letters with grey background  " disconnected "  Or does it say "Aircraft Disconnected " with white letters and red Background .

Thanks donnie for your attention...

I have successfully updated only Aircraft and MASTER Transmitter. The Slave transmitter is still in an old version.

When I connect SLAVE transmitter to the Table and turn on the DJI GO App, nothing happens, it says it's disconnected or I can't even open the 'Camera Mode'.

So what I said- when I turn on the SLAVE transmitter, it beeps twice adn at the same time blink red led twice. And then the led turn to the purple color. That's all. I tried to formatte my USB again with the same version as the first MASTER transmitter had. I've used the slave transmitter to control the aircraft camera.
2017-7-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-12 11:42
Thanks donnie for your attention...

I have successfully updated only Aircraft and MASTER Transmitter. The Slave transmitter is still in an old version.

Did this slave work propely until the latest update you did ?
You may have a bad HDMI module on the back of the  Slave RC transmitter . You could Swap with the working one..... could be riskly if you have never done it before .

The Slave will not load the 1.3 FW via the USB is that correct ? and the Master loaded just fine is that correct ?

donnie

2017-7-13
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-13 05:25
Did this slave work propely until the latest update you did ?
You may have a bad HDMI module on the back of the  Slave RC transmitter . You could Swap with the working one..... could be riskly if you have never done it before .

Yes the salve worked very well before 5 days ago... And yes I was trying to load 1.3FW to the Slave transmitter and then happens what I said (twice blink red led and turned to purple). Master transmitter has been successfully updated.. But Slave won't be. I don't really know. What happens when the controller 's red led blinks twice?
2017-7-13
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-13 10:14
Yes the salve worked very well before 5 days ago... And yes I was trying to load 1.3FW to the Slave transmitter and then happens what I said (twice blink red led and turned to purple). Master transmitter has been successfully updated.. But Slave won't be. I don't really know. What happens when the controller 's red led blinks twice?

Try this on the RC that wont update .  Once you complete this reset  then try to update again  . Make sure you are uinsg a fresh install of the 1.3 file and make sure Nothing else on the Thumb drive.  Bin file only .
Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and  picture shutter on the RC transmitter  (  PRESS AND HOLD ALL 3 IN FIRMLY )  then turn the controller off.  Then you can let go after a few seconds

Then turn back RC  on normally .

You could also remove the Cover of the HDMI  off the working RC and put it on the one that wont work, at least see if that will get you updated .  You dont need the entire HDMI module taken off , just the white back cover .  When removing the 4 screws off the cover then pull the module straight away , there is a plug in module that you dont want to bend, it plugs straight in .  Only do this if you are mechanical , if not dont .

donnie

Oh , I dont know what the two blinks of the Red LED  means .  

2017-7-13
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-13 11:36
Try this on the RC that wont update .  Once you complete this reset  then try to update again  . Make sure you are uinsg a fresh install of the 1.3 file and make sure Nothing else on the Thumb drive.  Bin file only .

Okay so I have done everything what you said and it seems that the controller stopped blinking after his start up... But I can't update him. I tried throught USB and mini sd card version 1.3 and 1.02 and nothing happend. The controller cannot be also recognized on the Ipad - still disconnected...
2017-7-16
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-16 00:40
Okay so I have done everything what you said and it seems that the controller stopped blinking after his start up... But I can't update him. I tried throught USB and mini sd card version 1.3 and 1.02 and nothing happend. The controller cannot be also recognized on the Ipad - still disconnected...

Did you try to swap  HDMI covers from the working RC to the Non working gone ?

donnie
2017-7-17
Use props
Matej Vanco
lvl.1

Slovakia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-17 04:10
Did you try to swap  HDMI covers from the working RC to the Non working gone ?

donnie

No not yet, I would not try that. I don't really understand why it's not updating the firmware, maybe internal error? I will take it to the service, thanks anyway for paying an attention.
2017-7-18
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Matej Vanco Posted at 2017-7-18 08:42
No not yet, I would not try that. I don't really understand why it's not updating the firmware, maybe internal error? I will take it to the service, thanks anyway for paying an attention.

Ok good luck , one other suggestion , you could try to reset the RC this way then reload with the 1.3 file I sent you , make sure to format the Thumb drive as well before installing the Bin file 1.3

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

Then again if you just want to get it over with , just send it in ....

donnie
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules