Too many choices? Monitor bracket upgrade
1180 3 2015-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wheezer
lvl.1

United States

It seems like that there are several different manufacturers offering aluminum monitor bracket upgrades for the P3 transmitter.  Is there any site offering reviews of the different brackets, or a thread here discussing them?  What's the general consensus on the best one?  If I can find a buyer for my Canon 5D, I may be getting myself a P3A sooner than expected.
2015-12-3
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your talking about the Pro and Advanced the stock one works pretty good. I was going to get the metal inspire one since I'm using an iPad Air and it's pretty heavy on the stock mount BUT I just torqued down the knurled knob and it works fine. There is wobble but it holds the iPad good enough. Now if you plan on doing a follow me and running with an iPad then that's a different story.
One day I'll get a metal mount but I'm good for now.
2015-12-3
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 1 tablet mount is an awesome upgrade if you're planning on using any kind of tablet. Here's a before and after when I installed mine:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -tablet-mount.42864

Some people say tightening down the stock mount works, but it'll only loosen over time. And, even when tight, the mount still give a bit since it's made of plastic.
2015-12-3
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

The Inspire bracket is perfect, I have my ipad pro mounted to my P3P controller and it's solid. Others may work if you want to experiment.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules