Inspire1 vs Phantom for leisure FPV
1347 5 2014-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uberspeck
lvl.1

United States

I'm interested in an FPV platform first. Ariel photography second and only for leisure. I love the idea of buying a complete system that's ready for FPV out of the box instead of cobbling together aftermarket parts, soldering, tuning etc. At first glance it looks like the Inspire one is "perfect". All I'd need to do is add some goggles and I'd be ready to go? The Phantom with Lightbridge and Cinemizer bundle also looks like a pretty good solution as well. Am I being naive? Is lightbridge overkill for FPV or would there be a real benefit vs aftermarket solutions? I also realize the price of the Inspire is pretty high for a hobby FPVer but it seems like that bird is going to be the easiest to fly and very forgiving. I would love to hear some thoughts from experienced FPVers!
2014-12-26
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Well Since I've owned DJI Phantoms all the way back to the FC-40 I loved them for what they can do for fun flying and taking pictures and film it was awesome but just know they all have there flaws that I don't want to get into at this point, what I can tell you that the Inspire 1 is a beast and I think will be around allot longer then the life of the Phantom series but maybe not due to the pricing. I can say this tho the Phantom pre the Phantom 2 Plus was there weakest unit that could take a crash first crash for most the camera gimbal pulled apart and cost most 670.00 for a replacement, the Phantom 2 was a bit sturdier for crashes and the FC-40 was even better. now it been said from DJI that the Insp8re 1 will NOT take a crash as well maybe even a total I can understand as the landing gear lifts up and everything is exposed, but most people don't buy because they think there going to crash but have fun fly safe and take the best videos or pictures out there and for that the Inspire 1 is the best bang for the buck. just don't crash it.
2014-12-26
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I pre-ordered an Inspire 1 but have never operated a drone so I ordered a P2V+ which I found extremely easy to fly. So easy that I hope the Inspire is just as user friendly and easy. I can't wait for my Inspire 1 to arrive!
2014-12-26
Use props
ppolla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272799 ft
United States

i had a P2 and also hoping Inspire 1 will be as easy to fly....
will order once I see them starting to be delivered.
2014-12-26
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

FirstDroneInspi Posted at 2014-12-27 05:14
I pre-ordered an Inspire 1 but have never operated a drone so I ordered a P2V+ which I found extreme ...

I will bet you it will fly better then P2V+ that is my expectation that's for sure one of my selling points is how stable there was to the P2V
2014-12-26
Use props
Uberspeck
lvl.1

United States

Are any of you using Lightbridge for FPV?
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules