1441 9 2015-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been considering an X5 camera to upgrade my existing X3. Everything I have seen from the X5 has not been as good as that from the X3. I have noticed poor focus and very soft footage. I have not seen any footage since the recent firmware update however. How are you Guys finding the X5, and is it worth upgrading? Waiting for the X5R is not an option financially. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
2015-12-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Go for it if you have the need for high end material.
The X3 has been keeping clients happy on real estate and construction for me.
And I would go on a limb here and say that everyone would agree the X3 doesn't give you the best stills.
You'll have to get used to flying and playing around with the X5 camera settings at the same time but that's only because you have all these options at hand.

Good luck there and happy flying
2015-12-5
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Those who have reported soft images from the X5 may not have calibrated the cameras focus.  When properly done, the image is stunning.
2015-12-5
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I myself would not go for the X5 just yet.  I hear results going both ways but more going toward it not worth the expense at this point in time.  I would love to get one but not until I start to see more post of the X5 that's working good without being a expert at the setting.  I'm sure am not a expert at the settings thing but it should work better then what I am seeing right out of the gate............... but I will have one someday.
2015-12-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

it is a decent camera, but as always there are some pros and cons:  pros: better specs  cons: shorter flight time....
2015-12-6
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've noticed the same thing with the soft images coming out of the X5.  Some say its not calibrated, some say the stock DJI lens is soft, but I haven't seen a comparison video yet where the X5 beats the X3 in sharpness.

Personally I'm hoping that next season a gimbal for the Blackmagic Micro Camera comes out.  10-bit Proress, 12-bit RAW video and Global shutter for $999.
2015-12-7
Use props
dv613
lvl.2

United States

here is a trial pic after calibrating my Inspire Pro. The first pics taken with the Pro were very disappointing and the series I took this past weekend after "attempting to calibrate" the camera for the 10th time (someone needs to make a how to video for this asap) and finally got some results I feel are better than my Inspire 1 X3.  My first few attempts were so soft that I deleted every shot I took. Also the video shot prior was also very soft but also had a major improvement this time out (played back on my 4K monitor saw a drastic improvement in the video as well with no post done on either photos or video.
2015-12-10
Use props
dv613
lvl.2

United States

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dkmaerial/23486584982/in/datetaken/
car show 2j .jpg
2015-12-10
Use props
dv613
lvl.2

United States

trouble posting these pics
car show j.jpg
2015-12-10
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for your input Guys it is greatly appreciated. Nice shots dv613.

Dave.
2015-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules