Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Looking for flying platform
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamastor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Good day Guys 'n Girls...

I need to integrate a "non standard" camera on an aircraft like a S900 for instance.

I have a choice of cameras (depending on what I want done and what my budget will allow...
On the short list is the Optris range of equipment.
Start / Stop camera commands appears to resemble that of a Go-Pro.
optris.PNG

The choice of aircraft and RC will be dictated by the equipment I need to get up in the air so I have no fixed ideas on my final aircraft configuration either.

Any suggestions on the "how to", are most welcome...

2015-12-5
Use props
flaviomjr
Second Officer
Canada

I currently use 9 of my s900 for a mixture of things including thermal inspections.   I use the flir Quark2 which is a great camera the problem is the price and export laws for people outside of the USA.
2015-12-14
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2015-12-14 17:43
I currently use 9 of my s900 for a mixture of things including thermal inspections.   I use the flir ...

Thanks for that flaviomjr

I'll have a look at the Quark...

Just saw the TAU 2 will be mounted on the Inspire gimbal and will be called the XT
2015-12-16
Use props
flaviomjr
Second Officer
Canada

Adamastor Posted at 2015-12-16 08:18
Thanks for that flaviomjr

I'll have a look at the Quark...

The TAU2 is a great camera.   If you are planning on buying the faster frame rates make sure you take care of all the export license procedures prior to ordering.   It can take quite some time for it to be processed.  Otherwise you can order the lower the 640 but lower framerate without having to deal with export license.  To be honestly its not as HUUUGE difference if you are planning on using it mainly for thermal pictures.  Even for video.
2015-12-16
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2015-12-16 17:02
The TAU2 is a great camera.   If you are planning on buying the faster frame rates make sure you t ...

Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated.

I was wondering at what airspeed I would encounter enough "jerkiness" with the <9Hz versions to make solar farm overflight footage unusable...

If that is not a "real" factor, perhaps going for the 640 camera will make up in picture quality for the lack of smooth video at speed?  I seriously need to get the 14bit information so that I can use the FLIR reporting software to it's fullest extent.  And come to think of it... you will fly until you see a "hot spot", stop, take a picture and go on to the next position - not so?
2015-12-16
Use props
flaviomjr
Second Officer
Canada

Adamastor Posted at 2015-12-17 02:56
Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated.

I was wondering at what airspeed I would encounter en ...

I have used it for solar panel inspections.  I tried a friends quark2 9hz and we going at a pretty good speed with out any jerkiness.  If you can get the 640 that is way better and in terms of the 14bit, well its really up to you if you want to use the reporting.  I don't really use it because all you want to see is the spot and the temperature.  That shows up fine on screen.

Again its a preference.
2015-12-17
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2015-12-17 16:56
I have used it for solar panel inspections.  I tried a friends quark2 9hz and we going at a pretty ...

Hey flaviomjr

Thanks again for your reply.
I have to go for the reporting function unfortunately, as I am flying for others and not for myself.
After the flyover I will have to put a report together for the client to be able to issue to his maintenance teams.

Now I just have to wait and see what the pricing comes in at...

Thanks again.
2015-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules