Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo D_LOG and FCPX
1749 5 2015-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schempersson
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi, can anyone explain why the footage from the D_LOG Osmo files is looking worse than the Standard files once I import them into Final Cut Pro X ?
I see a DJI Transcoding Tool 1.0 that perhaps you are supposed to use (there is no information about this on the Osmo page on the website). I downloaded it onto my Mac but it does not transcode the file, in fact nothing happens I just get this message but no file. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :-)

2015-12-6
Use props
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D-LOG are plain, unsaturated, and compressed in terms of exposure, with brights and darks all moved towards the centre of the histogram.  D-LOG files are not intended to be viewed as-is, as they're pretty grey and boring, with very little contrast.  If you're familiar at all with FCPX you should be familiar with the Color Board, and that's where you'll do most of the work to turn the clips into worthwhile footage, using the saturation and exposure tabs. Up the global saturation to around +15 or more and fool around with the various exposure sliders and you'll see your footage spring to life.

As for the Transcoding Tool, forget it, it just doesn't work on Macs.  It does absolutely nothing whatsoever.  Waste of money.  Oh, hang on, it's free.  Well, you get what you pay for I suppose.
2015-12-6
Use props
Schempersson
lvl.1

Sweden

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-12-6 17:50
D-LOG are plain, unsaturated, and compressed in terms of exposure, with brights and darks all moved  ...

Thanks Alansworld, I am very familiar with FCPX and flat profiles and that's the problem, the side by side comparisons of the D_LOG and Standard, the D-LOG is noticeably worse, particularly in low light shadow areas. That's why I am concerned, I am off on a job in two days and need to figure out why this is before I go. I did a standard import and that's it. Here are a couple of screenshots...
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Schempersson Posted at 2015-12-7 01:09
Thanks Alansworld, I am very familiar with FCPX and flat profiles and that's the problem, the side ...

Hi, as I mentioned in the post, http://forum.dji.com/thread-36464-1-1.htmlFor D-LOG, a transcoding tool can help correct the color and enable better post-editing.
2015-12-6
Use props
alansworld
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-7 04:17
Hi, as I mentioned in the post, http://forum.dji.com/thread-36464-1-1.htmlFor D-LOG, a transcoding  ...

But of course, as the user has a Mac the transcoding so-called 'tool' doesn't work at all.
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-12-7 16:43
But of course, as the user has a Mac the transcoding so-called 'tool' doesn't work at all.

Hi, alansworld, I've contacted the R&D, the current MAC version is not working very well, we will post v.0.9 later. Sorry for the problem caused.
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules