Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Malta
4913 11 2015-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ken.spooner
New
Flight distance : 7992 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm of to Malta next year, can anyone tell me if we can use Drones?

Thanks,

Ken
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Ken
Please check the None Fly Zone at this site :http://www.dji.com/flysafe
2015-12-7
Use props
ken.spooner
New
Flight distance : 7992 ft
United Kingdom

Hi thank you
2015-12-7
Use props
groovy100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hello! Did you ever find out about the regulations regarding flying drones like the Phantom in Malta?

I want to visit as a tourist for a few days and thought of bringing along the Phantom 3.

Thanks!
2016-5-16
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

groovy100 Posted at 2016-5-16 10:51
Hello! Did you ever find out about the regulations regarding flying drones like the Phantom in Malta ...

As Patrick said,
http://www.dji.com/flysafe
Check this website^
2016-5-16
Use props
groovy100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I am not interested in learning where no-fly restrictions are imposed.

I am interested in learning what regulations exist in Malta regarding flying drones.

Regulations are a different thing to no-fly zones and the site you link to does not offer such information for Malta.
2016-5-17
Use props
Delta 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12405 ft
Malta

As a  Maltese myself, I  would like to let you know that for all those asking regulations on flying drones in Malta. There are no such regulations unless you hover your drone/s over crowds, government buildings, in private properties and danger to others. Other then that, you are good to fly anywhere. Always keep in mind to fly with caution.
2017-5-8
Use props
Delta 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12405 ft
Malta

As a Maltese myself, With regards to regulations on flying drones in Malta. There are none unless you hover your drone/s over crowds, government buildings, in private properties and danger to others. Other then that, you are good to fly anywhere. Always keep in mind to fly with caution.
2017-5-8
Use props
RichAppz
New

United Kingdom

Delta 1 Posted at 2017-5-8 02:20
As a Maltese myself, With regards to regulations on flying drones in Malta. There are none unless you hover your drone/s over crowds, government buildings, in private properties and danger to others. Other then that, you are good to fly anywhere. Always keep in mind to fly with caution.

Thanks for the info, I have just purchased a drone and will be visiting Malta in October
2017-7-5
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Hi guys,

Malteser here. Currently there are no official laws with regards to drone flying except the general EU drone laws such as no flying over private properties, crowds etc. There is a no fly zone around our main and only airport in Luqa, however, fly with caution and don't go too high as planes are generally flying low around island considering how small it is. There is also a helicopter flying low 24/7 around the island in case of an emergency.

Other than that, be responsible and have fun flying It's an awesome island if you have any questions just let me know.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans40e22090
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437835 ft
Norway

This article i read says you need a permit for every flight with drones heavier than 250 grams. Is this not correct?

https://www.timesofmalta.com/art ... ne-illegally.622898
2017-7-28
Use props
Angelo75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43766 ft
Italy

travelrikk Posted at 2017-7-5 04:26
Hi guys,

Malteser here. Currently there are no official laws with regards to drone flying except the general EU drone laws such as no flying over private properties, crowds etc. There is a no fly zone around our main and only airport in Luqa, however, fly with caution and don't go too high as planes are generally flying low around island considering how small it is. There is also a helicopter flying low 24/7 around the island in case of an emergency.

Hello.
Next April I will also visit Malta.
Could you tell me if you need some special permission to be able to wear the drone?
I read to you this site that you must sign an authorization request.
The request states that you must also have insurance.
How did you behave?
Thanks for the help.
Angelo
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules