Osmo and DJI Go App
3352 16 2015-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecuriemedia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Got my Osmo and very happy with it so far. Set it up and activated fine. Used my Android phone with DJI Go app and like the additional colour settings like dlog. Connected with a iPod touch, as I am going to use this for the Osmo exclusively. Downloaded the app and noticed that I am not offered the same colour settings?? Even the little camera icon is missing from the right hand side of the screen!

Is this problem specific to iOS? On the DJI Go Appstore page is shows that in a previous update 2.4.1 colour settings were available, the latest version 2.4.2 lists that this update removed the problem people had logging in to their account. Did they remove the colour settings in 2.4.2? Is there an update planned soon to restore the colour settings for the iOS version of the app?

Thanks for any and all responses.

J
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, for android version2.4.2 : The camera setting has been moved to the right hand side of the screen
for IOS version 2.4.2 : The camera setting is still at the right bottom setting. Setting->Camera->Color
About your missing color setting on the ipod, please make sure your app version by checking DJI GO -> Me -> Settings -> At the bottom you can see the version of APP. Would you please provide screenshots of app version and camera setting of IOS app? Thanks.
FYI: The color setting should be available for both APP version.
2015-12-7
Use props
ecuriemedia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-8 03:44
Hi, for android version2.4.2 : The camera setting has been moved to the right hand side of the scree ...

Thank you, found it!

All working now apart from the occasional drifting from the panning motor, I assume that will be fixed in the next firmware update?
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ecuriemedia Posted at 2015-12-8 17:23
Thank you, found it!

All working now apart from the occasional drifting from the panning motor, I ...

What is your current firmware version? Please upgrade to the latest firmware, and try to do the gimbal auto calibration which can reduce the drift problem.
2015-12-8
Use props
alansworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ecurie - did you say iPod Touch?  I didn't realise it would work with this.  Can you confirm please?
2015-12-8
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I use the iPod touch, 32gb version
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-12-8 22:27
Ecurie - did you say iPod Touch?  I didn't realise it would work with this.  Can you confirm please?

Please note that ipod touch is not in our official mobile device supporting list which means we haven't fully tested the compatibility of DJI GO app on ipod touch.
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2015-12-9 08:06
I use the iPod touch, 32gb version

Please note that ipod touch is not in our official mobile device supporting list which means we haven't fully tested the compatibility of DJI GO app on ipod touch.
2015-12-8
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-9 11:36
Please note that ipod touch is not in our official mobile device supporting list which means we ha ...

Hi Amy, found that the ipod touch works very well, its a little smaller and lighter than my iphone 6, but I have had no issues at all in the last 3 or more weeks with wifi connection since using the latest ipod touch device , as for the the iphone 6 I always had problems with the wifi connection, freezing, blue screen etc, even with the latest FW, I even backed up the iphone and removed all my apps and reset the iphone. still didn't work, I would use 25% or more of the osmo battery trying to get it to work when it did work it would drop out ,freeze, wouldn't restart after sleep mode etc,it was very frustrating, anyway very happy now with the ipod device, can go to a location and know that everything works as it should , and I don't miss any phone calls, ha
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2015-12-10 08:56
Hi Amy, found that the ipod touch works very well, its a little smaller and lighter than my iphone ...

Ok, I'm very happy to hear that. About your iphone 6. What is the app verison on your iphone 6. When did you have the freeze and blue screen problems? What is the camera setting when you had this problem?  Since the app works perfectly on my iphone 6, I would like to learn more details about your problem. Thanks!
2015-12-9
Use props
ecuriemedia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2015-12-8 14:27

Yes, I am using the ipod touch and I can confirm it works brilliantly with the Osmo.
2015-12-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 11:17
Ok, I'm very happy to hear that.  About your iphone 6. What is the app verison on your iphone 6.  ...

Hi Amy, I used the latest firmware v1.0.1.19+ and the ios app version v2.4.2 on the iphone 6, I may have found that some sort of interference with other wifi signals or high voltage power-lines or something of the sorts maybe the culprit, because when im out in the middle of nowhere it seems to work better. (I am using the 5.8GHz setting)
The freezing happens any time no matter what resolution or what settings It didn't seem to make any difference, the blue screen I found that it happened in 4096 x 2160 and 3840 x 2160 and 2704 x 1520, and not so bad with the other lower resolutions, (I know there is a bug in 4096x2160 recording) anyway I will keep testing in different environments to see if I can eliminate the problem, or I will wait for the new firmware to fix it ha ha   With the ipod (using 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz setting) I can use that any were any time no worries, (this is the latest ipod im using, not sure if older versions work I haven't tested them)
2015-12-10
Use props
deymosdj
lvl.1
United States

Im using DJI Go App for IOS 9 Iphone 6s, i can see the tab for color profile, but i cant find the settings for each color profile, like contrast or sharpness,

how is it possible that in Android App that option is available and not in IOS App
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately the Sharpness, Saturation, and contrast is only available on Android.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

deymosdj@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-11 04:27
Im using DJI Go App for IOS 9 Iphone 6s, i can see the tab for color profile, but i cant find the se ...

Hi, it will be available in the next IOS app release. Sorry for the inconveniency,  sometimes we have the asynchronism of IOS and Android app function.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-11 05:09
Unfortunately the Sharpness, Saturation, and contrast is only available on Android.

Currently the IOS haven't provided these settings, but it will be available in the next release.
2015-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules