Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hello, new P3 owner with an enquiry (x5)
623 2 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gemini8026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

Hey guys.  Jeff here.  

I am an amateur photographer who loves doing a variety of different shots (jeffwizniak.smugmug.com) and I dont do any paid work.  I currently own a Nikon D810 with a variety of lenses and lighting gear.  Im not rich, but I spend money on my passion.

I wanted to try out a drone, as it seemed like something that I could enjoy.

Long story short, I really like it.  The ability to compose new shots that I never could have dreamt of before has made me wanting to go full bore and invest in a new system.

So I tried out a Phantom 3 advanced.  It's great, and fun and easy to fly.  The downside is that after getting used to a D810 with the 14-24 F2.8 wide angle, I am spoiled by its sharpness and image quality.  

First thing I looked into was possibly an A7 with an S900evo, however this gets EXPENSIVE and I love the ease of use of composing via the DJI phone app , and the all in one system that makes things easier to fly and shoot.  You honestly cant beat the ease of use of the P3.

So here's my next choice.  Would the X5 and an inspire satisfy me?!?  I was going to buy a used Inspire 1 (save 1k off initial price) and then invest in the X5 plus dampener plate.  IT would bring the investment to around 5k Canadian (I live in Sk, Canada)

Im just curious if this investment would be worth the 3-4x cost over the P3.  I realise it is still only 16mp, but I could get a sharper image with the choice of one of the wide angle lenses (I like the 12mm choice)

Im really debating what I should do, and I am curious if any of you have made the change and can say you were happy or disappointed.  Keeping in mind, I am not too worried about video, but it would be nice to possibly do a paid job or 2 to help with the investment as I dont make a TON of money, but enough to afford some nice toys.

Any insights?!?  Or should a guy maybe wait a year or two and see if something in the game changes. I realise this is all very new stuff and there may be other options in a year or so!

Thanks for any help/advice!
2015-12-9
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally, I would not buy a used Inspire 1 because it is similar to buying mystery meat (unless you buy it from a friend or reputable source)

From what I have read, the X5 is great for photography purposes, but when it comes to video, its not that far off from the X3 from an average user point of view.

So if you are into still and photo footage, then the Inspire 1 with an X5 is the way to go.

But if you are more into video, the Phantom Pro and Inspire X3 are almost the same to the average pilot. (i had them both) So unless you are going to get an X5 or X5R, the phantom is more than enough.

Personally, I am more into the video aspect.

My ultimate package would include these items:

1 - Inspire 1 V2 with X3 camera ($3099)
2 - Osmo Handle Kit without camera ($269)
3 - Wait for X5R (~$5000  when it comes out)
2015-12-9
Use props
gemini8026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

I appreciate that.  Your post actually opened my eyes up to something.  I wasnt aware there was a Version 2 with upgraded motors and a seperate mount (that costs 100$)
Im going to wait until spring and get an X5 new from factory.  

I found a reputable source for the X5, but I would appreciate the upgraded motors as well for better control.  Ill practice on the Phantom 3 all winter!
2015-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules