DJI OSMO audio problem (every 5 sec some "click" sound)
12Next >
7132 55 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcis.krasovsk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 521788 ft
Latvia

Hey!

As support didn't answer my question at all maybe there's someone who could tell me what causing this.

I get some kind of audio "click" sound every 5-10 sec. Doesn't matter if i record with build-in mic or external mic. So i guess it's hardware itself.

Did someone have the same problem.

Here is the video ( i added big red sign when those sound interferences appear ).  Audio is in latvian so don't worry about that, just pay attention to audio itself.

... and sorry for my english ;)

2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, what Mic did you use, about the 'click ' noise, would you please upload the original files in SD card into MEGA or DROPBOX and share the download link here? We will analyze it and give you feedback ASAP. Did the noise appear in every video you've shoot?
2015-12-9
Use props
Rapa
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-10 09:28
Hi, what Mic did you use, about the 'click ' noise, would you please upload the original files in SD ...

Hi

When i shoot with external mic i use Sennheiser ew 100 ENG G3-E-X wireless system (EK 100 G3 compact diversity reciever and SKP 100 G3 Plug-on transmitter, XLR) and RODE Reporter Microphone.

At first i thought that this problem is caused by wireless system, but then i discovered that the same problem apears when i shoot without external mic as well. So i guess this is either firmware or hardware problem.

Here is original files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fr1ov ... lo2NpGXfb3hJ-a?dl=0
2015-12-10
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

I've noticed this on my Osmo too (with internal mic in noisy environments).
2015-12-10
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ke-now Posted at 2015-12-10 20:52
I've noticed this on my Osmo too (with internal mic in noisy environments).

This sounds like an inconsitency within the audio data stream. If you miss one sample in the continuous audio data stream for instance you will get a small transient in your audio signal which results in a click.
Now that the noise appears within a regular time pattern this can be a strong hint for unsynchronous data sampling frequencies between audio and video data?!

Let me explain what I mean:
Lets say you sample audio with 44100 Hz and Video with 30 fps, that means that you get 44100 / 30 = 1470 audio samples per frame. this is nice and even and should go on for ever without any unsynchronity and click.

But if you only have 29.97 fps on video this results in an uneven 1471.471471... audio signals per frame.
Thus you have to drop an audio sample every once in a while to match audio and video data which could be a reason for the click.

Somewhere in the forum I read another topic touching the unsynchronity between video and audio, so maybe these two topics are bound to the same root cause.

Just an idea though...
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rapa Posted at 2015-12-10 17:33
Hi

When i shoot with external mic i use Sennheiser ew 100 ENG G3-E-X wireless system (EK 100 G3 c ...

Thanks for the upload, we will give you feedback once we've analyzed the result.
2015-12-10
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-11 07:32
Thanks for the upload, we will give you feedback once we've analyzed the result.

I Have The same problem with The internal microphone (cracks) i gong to test with my Sony wireless système and with my shure vidéo mic....
2015-12-11
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-11 17:53
I Have The same problem with The internal microphone (cracks) i gong to test with my Sony wireless ...

I Made a test with my wirleless set Of Sony microphones, it's work great', made The same test with my shure (i use it on my GH4, great Sound) on The Osmo  lots Of crack on The Sound track...(don't understand why...)
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-13 21:33
I Made a test with my wirleless set Of Sony microphones, it's work great', made The same test with ...

Please upload the original files in the SD card and send the download link here. We need to analyze your files. Also, please provide the corrosponding MIC you used. Thanks.
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rapa Posted at 2015-12-10 17:33
Hi

When i shoot with external mic i use Sennheiser ew 100 ENG G3-E-X wireless system (EK 100 G3 c ...

Hi, the files you upload is not our original files. Please make sure you've uploaded the original videos in the SD card without any pro-processing. Thank you!
2015-12-13
Use props
tupoleff
lvl.2

France

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-14 05:14
Please upload the original files in the SD card and send the download link here. We need to analyze ...

password osmo

i cut the clips it's easy to understand and listen what the problem is about. Clear track with my sony sey and click with my shure video mic.
Thank to yoo !
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

tupoleff Posted at 2015-12-14 16:36
https://vimeo.com/148846925   password osmo

i cut the clips it's easy to understand and listen wh ...

Hi, can you send the link one more time? Cause I can't see the link and the connection is broken.
2015-12-14
Use props
Rapa
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-14 06:17
Hi, the files you upload is not our original files. Please make sure you've uploaded the original  ...

Sorry about that!  Yes indeed those files were from import folder (FCPX).

Made these two now. Problem still there, but these are short and maybe appears just once or two times per clip.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0ek3 ... kDQWKfqA3zH3aa?dl=0
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please send the original files in the SD card instead of uploading it to internet, we need to analyze the original files. Could you please upload the files into Dropbox or Mega and provide the download link here. Thanks.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rapa Posted at 2015-12-16 20:26
Sorry about that!  Yes indeed those files were from import folder (FCPX).

Made these two now. Pr ...

Hi, does this click sound occurs at every video? What is your video format? Could you please test it in a quite place? It's better not to record any human voice since it can be a little distracting. Thanks.
2015-12-22
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-23 20:51
Hi, does this click sound occurs at every video? What is your video format? Could you please test i ...

same problem- a click every 5-10 secs. using rode as well as azden radio mic. pal 1080/50p format.
DJI there is a problem here, any solution yet?.
Rod and the cat
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-24 05:01
same problem- a click every 5-10 secs. using rode as well as azden radio mic. pal 1080/50p format.

Hi, rod, please send the original files in the SD card here as soon as possible. Those files are very precious for us to locate the reason.
Does the click sound occur periodically or randomly? If the sound appear periodically, please try to use test the 5.8G wifi band, and if the problem still persist, please send the original files.

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, tupoleff, can you send the original files in the SD card ASAP? These files are very important to help us locate the reason. Thanks.
2015-12-23
Use props
TobiHD
New

Germany

Dear DJI Team,

I have the same problems with cracks from micro in my videos.

My external micro is Rode VidMic Go VideoMic Go On-Kamera Microfon with dead cat.

I have bought this one because of reading it as tested in specifications of OSMO.

Video Format MP4, 1080P 60 fps, NTSC, kingston micro sd 64 gb with 80mb write and 90 mb read speed, not tested at other settings but I think this has to work?!

Link to dropbox video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvy4h3n3j5t26h4/DJI_0101.MP4?dl=0

Please help me.

Best greets from Germany
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

TobiHD Posted at 2016-1-7 05:10
Dear DJI Team,

Hi, what firmware version did you use? Please try to upgrade to the latest 1.4.1.80 by micro SD card.
2016-1-6
Use props
TobiHD
New

Germany

Hello Team, i have alredy uldated at 25.12.2016
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

TobiHD Posted at 2016-1-7 13:47
Hello Team, i have alredy uldated at 25.12.2016

Alright, I will give you feedback ASAP after we've analyzed your file. Have you adjsuted the mic gain in the app?
2016-1-6
Use props
TobiHD
New

Germany

Yes I made it 3 times.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

TobiHD Posted at 2016-1-7 17:53
Yes I made it 3 times.

Could you please tell me your contacting account?
2016-1-7
Use props
Rapa
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-23 09:51
Hi, does this click sound occurs at every video? What is your video format? Could you please test i ...

Just came back. Sorry for not replying. Was on road games.

Iļl try to make some video in quite place and then upload.

But for me it seems that it appears either from loud sounds or noisy environment or some electrical/power issue through mic connection (cause there is the same "click" sound when you push the button to stop recording).

Audio adjustment setting doesnt affect this issue.
2016-1-7
Use props
TobiHD
New

Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-7 11:27
Could you please tell me your contacting account?

You mean my E Mail?

It's t.ewert@web.de
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

TobiHD Posted at 2016-1-7 05:10
Dear DJI Team,

In your video, the audio is distorted due to the larger mic gain setting, please try to decrease the mic gain. According to the engineers, they're working on the audio probelm right now. Thank you for providing the files.
2016-1-7
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Hi!

Good evening. I've noticed the same audio problems, some sort of "cliks".

Brand new Osmo, firmware updated to last version, using a brand new Rode VideoMicro.

Do you have any news about this problem?

Thanks a lot!
2016-1-16
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2016-1-17 10:07
Hi!

Good evening. I've noticed the same audio problems, some sort of "cliks".

+1- any solution yet from dji engineers?
2016-1-16
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-16 22:25
+1- any solution yet from dji engineers?

"solution [...] from DJI [...]"

LOL
You and your cat should know better ;-)
2016-1-17
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-17 21:20
"solution [...] from DJI [...]"

LOL

Ah ! this is true! Does anyone remember windows 95? The most crash prone unreliable piece of  shit programming ever written! As a videographer it drove me to drink! constant crashes and blue screens- but here we are 20 years on and still paying for development. Windows 10 is getting there I guess but this is the world of bleeding edge technology. They sell us a product then charge us for a version that works better-
My business would last about 10 minutes if I didn't meet or exceed customers expectations. My world is tough and competitive and I have to fight for every commission. But DJI have little competition at the moment and they have some great concepts for sure.  They just need to care for their customers a bit more before someone else does!

Rod and the cat
2016-1-17
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Seems like there's no news at the moment...

So, I suppose they're working on a solution...

This Osmo is really great in video. With a great sound I think this could be a really great piece of camera!
2016-1-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2016-1-19 08:52
Seems like there's no news at the moment...

yes I hope they can sort this. One of the DJI guys here said they were working on it.

I bought the osmo to record professional informal presentations and sound via wireless lav (which works well and without recording fan noise of course!) such as cooking demonstrations and without the sound sorted it means a separate synced sound recorder.

By the way what is the significance of the sound bar scale? it is meaningless without a db reference scale and only shows that the mic is working surely?
Rod and the cat.
2016-1-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-8 14:59
In your video, the audio is distorted due to the larger mic gain setting, please try to decrease th ...

Amy, have your engineers come up with a solution yet?
Rod and the cat
2016-1-19
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-19 05:29
yes I hope they can sort this. One of the DJI guys here said they were working on it.

I bought th ...

It only shows if the micro is working, and if the external micro is also working when plugged. So, without a db reference, I think is only for that.

By the way, I've been testing the Rode micro these days and it's a very good micro!!
2016-1-20
Use props
photomadox
New

United States

I have problems with the voice of Osmo . I plugged Rode Stereo VideoMic pro and while recording you can hear nothing ... I connected different external microphones to input 3.5 mm and also not working ...?
2016-1-20
Use props
photomadox
New

United States

I have problems with voice Osmo. I plugged Rode Stereo VideoMic pro and while recording you can hear nothing ... I connected different external microphones to input 3.5 mm and also not working ...?
2016-1-20
Use props
pjotrcz
lvl.1

Czechia

External input is mono or stereo?
2016-1-20
Use props
photomadox
New

United States

input is stereo

2016-1-20
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-20 13:40
Rod and the cat

Rod and the cat? we are all waiting for some feedback here!
2016-1-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules